Respected Contributor

Re: CHamps Elysee in Paris closed!

@SydneyH wrote:

Europe is beautiful, but I wouldn't want to be there now or anytime in the near future......

I live in Fresno and after this week's terror attack, I don't want to live HERE!

Honored Contributor

I will never let the crazies of the world dictate where I will or will not travel.

Honored Contributor

The so called 'crazies' aren't dictating my choices.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH They are definately dictating mine.I would stay away from many countries these days....just don't enjoy having the constant needing to be aware

Esteemed Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

Europe is beautiful, but I wouldn't want to be there now or anytime in the near future......

I live in Fresno and after this week's terror attack, I don't want to live HERE!

The Fresno killer was a self mislead kook.  You're welcome at any time to leave the USA burt I don't think you would like other places as much as this nation. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

The Fresno killer was a self mislead kook.  You're welcome at any time to leave the USA burt I don't think you would like other places as much as this nation. 

No one screams what he while murdering people and changed his name to what he did and is not a terrorist. He may be a racist also, but is a home grown terrorist.  I never said I wanted to move outside the USA.   I don't want to live in FRESNO.

Esteemed Contributor

All this talk about avoiding Europe and accompanying grown children to "protect them" in Europe: REALLY???  I lived in Germany during Bader Meinkopf (major terrorist group during 70s) and I believe you deal with this by doing what you have always done.  If you change your routine "they" win.  I have always travelled when and where I want.  If precautions are warranted (walking in large crowds at festivals where a truck can mow down people) I take them.  Your chances of having a terrorist "get" you are less (I'm sure) than winning the lottery.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a student in London during a series of IRA bombings, including Piccadilly Circus, the Times Square of London that almost every commuter passes through regularly.  I passed through in early morning, just about an hour before the bombing, which occurred during rush hour. Two hours after I left a post office in my neighborhood, a bomb went off inside.  Bologna Italy had a terrible bombing later in the same year I visited that region of Italy. 

Terrorism started in the 19th century. It's nothing new.

We do take risks when travelling, but we take risks at home, too.  (Most accidental deaths occur at home, or so I read once.)

In the last few years I've been to Europe three or four times, last year visiting the Netherlands and Belgium despite the airport attack in Belgium.  I am nervous at airports, always. But I enjoy traveling too much to stay home.   

Honored Contributor

@patbz I would rather take a chance on the lottery.Winnng would be fabulous but as far as taking a chance with travel...why?A vacation is supposed to be relaxing and I don't want to have to be viligent or cautious or anything but carefree.

Esteemed Contributor

@esmeraldagooch Okay.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust