Esteemed Contributor

CHECK YOUR PACKAGES CAREFULLY!

[ Edited ]

I placed an order for a set of curtains and rod from Amazon.  The curtains were supposed to be delivered Tuesday.  The rod wed.   I was waiting all day for the curtains on tuesday. The time changed to be delivered by 5:30, then it changed to 3:45, then it changed to 9:00.  By 9:20 pm,  I was not happy.  Called Amazon and they could not update it in their system,  and said it would probably be delivered on wed.

3:30 on Wed it arrived.(Now I am thinking,   Where is the rod??  So I looked,  and it said it was 5 stops away.  So I waited.  It finally came around 5:30.   I opened the rod as I was trying to get these up for the Holiday.   I opened one box and then another box that was inside that box.  

The first thing I noticed was that it looked like it had been opened and re-taped.   I unwrapped the one end and it was fine, I opened the second end and this white liquid flew out and was all over my hands, and couch.   It looked like milk,  but had no odor. so the first thing I did of course was wash my hands and try to get it off my couch. (Which was not easy)

So I called Amazon.  They were very sorry and never heard of anything like this.  They advised me to call the police.  (In the meantime, I was trying to get things ready for Thankgiving)  So they gave me my money back and said they would report it to the seller. 

So my local police came and took al lthe information.  It looked like milk,  but as I said it had no odor.  So the officer took the bubble wrap which was full of it,  and the one end of the rod which was also full of it.  

I haven't heard anything yet as to what it was,  but if I find out, I will let you know.

Be careful opening your packages, people are crazy today.  I also could see that the rod was not new.   

Honored Contributor

Re: CHECK YOUR PACKAGES CAREFULLY!

Weirdest thing I ever heard of but who was the vendor you bought them from?  I don't mean Amazon, I mean the vendor who sold them on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe 😧 That is really Odd!

Respected Contributor

Whoa! Very suspicious.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Whoa!  My initial instincts would be call the authorities, evacuate the house, seek medical attention.  Not that I'm paranoid or anything.  Woman Surprised  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Weirdest thing I ever heard of but who was the vendor you bought them from?  I don't mean Amazon, I mean the vendor who sold them on Amazon.

Sold by: KAMANINA US Product question? Ask Seller
Return eligible through Jan 31, 2019

WEIRDEST THING AMAZON EVER HEARD OF AS WELL.  THEY ARE GOING TO CONTACT THE SELLER.  Oh sorry about caps.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@BalletBabe 😧 That is really Odd!

I agree and I hated bothering the police but what if it is something dangerous?   i mean who knows in this crazy world. 

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

Whoa!  My initial instincts would be call the authorities, evacuate the house, seek medical attention.  Not that I'm paranoid or anything.  Woman Surprised  

LOL   THe police said that they think it was a return, and they didn't feel I was in danger, but I am still here and this happened on Wednesday aroud 5:30.   I really thought it was milk.   Till I had trouble getting it off the couch, plus it had no odor.  I would think in Florida that would not have had no smell.   

My first thought was shock and it took a few minutes for me to think what I should do.  I called Amazon first,  and they told me to contact the police.  I was baking till 3 am because of this.  I did scrub my skin with a brush and the couch is covered in the spot that I cleaned.  Actually it is a futon, so not something I usually sit on.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Odd post, odd outcome.  I would have been out of the house while calling the police.  Around here the hazmat suits would be sent in a fast minute to determine whether it was dangerous.  i sure wouldn’t be left wondering what substance was on my couch.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Odd post, odd outcome.  I would have been out of the house while calling the police.  Around here the hazmat suits would be sent in a fast minute to determine whether it was dangerous.  i sure wouldn’t be left wondering what substance was on my couch.

@Shawnie  It may be an odd post,  but it happened.