Honored Contributor

CDC says it’s safe to eat romaine from Salinas again. Outbreak appears to be over.

[ Edited ]

CDC says it’s safe to eat safe to eat Romaine from the Salinas Valley again. Here’s a quote:

Illustration with a triangle and exclamation mark and text reading Food Safety Alert

Posted January 15, 2020 at 3:00 PM ET

This outbreak appears to be over. CDC is no longer advising that people avoid romaine lettuce from the Salinas Valley growing region in California. E. coli is an important cause of illness in the United States. More information about E. coli, and steps people can take to reduce their risk of infection, can be found on the E. coli and Food Safety web page.

CDC, public health and regulatory officials in several states, and the U.S. Food and Drug Administrationexternal icon (FDA) investigated a multistate outbreak of E. coli O157:H7 infections linked to romaine lettuce harvested from the Salinas Valley growing region in California.

Honored Contributor

Re: CDC says it’s safe to eat romaine from Salinas again. Outbreak appears to be iver

Thanks but I'm out of the mood now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: CDC says it’s safe to eat romaine from Salinas again. Outbreak appears to be over.

.....until the next time it poisons someone.

Super Contributor

Re: CDC says it’s safe to eat romaine from Salinas again. Outbreak appears to be over.

My BF says it comes from the pickers, who are out in the fields, and have no bathrooms other than just going where they are. They can't wash their hands... so they don't.

Respected Contributor

I refuse to eat no matter what the CDC says.

Respected Contributor

no thank you.

Honored Contributor

I'm done with romaine.

Honored Contributor

Never stopped eating.

If my store sold it, I'm buying it.

I don't fall within the demographic who should avoid, so....

Respected Contributor

Same thing happened last year, CDC lifted its ban and I bought again only to toss more bags. I'm done with Salinas produce, the only kind with the exception of organics that my local grocer sells. I've given them enough chances, I'll pay the extra for organic grown somewhere else. I eat salads every single day and really should grow my own. I won't trust Salinas again.

Honored Contributor

I eat iceberg. I think it tastes better