Honored Contributor

Re: CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Go Without Masks INDOORS and Outdoors!

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

I think we know by now that there will be those that will cling to their masks for a long time maybe never ever going out without one.  And that is fine.  All of you on here posting how you will continue to "mask up" for a long time that's fine.  You do you.  Do what you need to do in relation to your fear/risk level of the virus.  But it is long past time for things to open up.  For those saying hundreds are still dying every day...hundreds will always die every day.  But it is no where near the totals for infections, or even hospitalizations that were there 5 months ago.  Yes people still get a "case" of Covid.  But that's all it is.  There is no more mass ventilator issues.  Very few hospitalizations.    It is safe to go without a mask, especially if you are younger than 65.  and outside.  These people are NOT reckless, they are not endangering anyone, they are fine especially if you are fine.  The whole 6ft apart rule was proven to be a bunch of bull by a study by MIT.   When the CDC has decided it's time to lift restrictions to you can guarantee it is far past time to do so.  There are no longer death totals running underneath the tv screens.  The pandemic is no longer raging in the US.   I have not heard any reports on hospitalizations.in months.  It's time to move on.  Those that can't and won't that's fine we are not going to say things about you if you promise to let us live without the "mask guilt trips" the promises that "we are killing someone we love" if we don't wear a mask.  I realize it is hard to let go of what has been your 'safety net" after a year but seriously it is ok.  Only do what is comfortable for you.  But please quit picking on those that are comfortable with the current "un-mask" mandate from the CDC.  They have worked through this, in the middle of the worst and found they were just fine.   And with the risk far lower they understand it is really safe to not wear a mask.  But if you are not, then keep your mask we don't mind if you will let us do what is ok for us to do.  In fact there are people they are now coming to realize that are "naturally immune" to this virus.  That is the only explaintion other than the fact that this virus only attacks those with the immune dificencies that it can exploit,  it has no effect on people that do not have the specific issues it can exploit and thrive with.  Which is why you have so many that were asymptomatic.   

@eadu4 @I agree with you on everything here except for the last two sentences. I have no problem with persons going unmasked according to the CDC guidelines. There are other possible explanations for the infections. Some are currently under study. One being looked at is genetic and sequencing the genomes of infected and not infected in vaccinated and unvaccinated is currently being studied. Some parts of the spike protein on the coronavirus might not be able to latch on to certain persons with specific genomic patterns. This was observed and has led to this being under study now. I am not aware, right now, of studies directly looking at specific immune deficiencies, but that does not mean there are none underway or some in the planning. 

Honored Contributor

Ill-advised decision since they can still spread the disease to those who, for health reasons, cannot be vaccinated.

People are still dying from Covid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm not throwing caution to the wind just yet, not until herd immunity becomes closer to reality.

@SilleeMee @I no longer think herd immunity is attainable with the level of existing vaccine hesitancy. The virus mutations, world infections situation  and the vaccine hesitancy may lead to an annual reoccurrence of coronavirus. I wish I could be more positive, but I'm being realistic. 

I will ditch the mask when I'm outdoors and far away from others, such as taking a walk,  but I will continue to wear my mask when indoors, in contact with any unvaccinated persons or in close contact with anyone. Like you, I have an autoimmune disease and I also have a comorbidity so I'm awaiting any data on illness and outcomes in the autoimmune, by disorder, and in my overlooked comormidity. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm not throwing caution to the wind just yet, not until herd immunity becomes closer to reality.

@SilleeMee @I no longer think herd immunity is attainable with the level of existing vaccine hesitancy. The virus mutations, world infections situation  and the vaccine hesitancy may lead to an annual reoccurrence of coronavirus. I wish I could be more positive, but I'm being realistic. 

@Mindy D 

Yes, I know. That's why I said "closer to"...lol!  It's like trying to mop the floor in the middle of rainstorm.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I feel for the poor CDC. They mandate masks and people go nuts. Now they announce that at this point it's okay NOT mask up if you are vaccinated and they still get a ration of "stuff."

I don't feel bad for the CDC.  They're their own enemy.  They lost the trust of many people because they purposely lied.  The covered up for China and told lies that they now admit to about the spread of Covid outdoors.

I find  it sickening that this has happened when we we down.  If you can't trust the so called experts, who can you trust?  They receive millions of Federal tax payer's money and they should be held accountable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I'd really like to see is hospitals and doctor's offices allowing vaccinated patients to be accompanied by one vaccinated person for appointments in which a second person is necessary to help the patient. For example, when a vaccinated husband is having a procedure in an out patient surgical center and can not drive home; his vaccinated wife should be allowed to wait with him. Requiring the vaccinated partner to wait for hours in a car or to drive all the way home and then return hours later to the center is just too difficult. Same would hold true for a vaccinated adult child to attend doctor visits with a vaccinated parent with dementia.

Honored Contributor

I will continue to wear my mask in public until stores, restaurants, movie theaters etc. check if all people they let in are vaccinated.   

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

our state Washington still has a mask mandate. I will continue to wear a mask long after the CDC says anything... they are so wishy washy their decisions I really do not believe them anymore.

@SeaMaiden The CDC follows the data.  As the data changes so do the guidelines.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Ill-advised decision since they can still spread the disease to those who, for health reasons, cannot be vaccinated.

People are still dying from Covid.

@occasionalrain CDC must add cautions and instructions for these individuals into its guidelines ASAP. I went to CDC to directly read the guidelines and specifics on this are not noted yet. They've got to rush this. There's also a need for updated guidelines and for research for those taking biologics and for the immune compromised. 

Respected Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I will continue to wear my mask in public until stores, restaurants, movie theaters etc. check if all people they let in are vaccinated.   

Sad in more ways than one.