Honored Contributor

Re: CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Go Without Masks INDOORS and Outdoors!

[ Edited ]

My guess is most states are going to be dropping the mandates shortly so it won't matter who is and who isn't vaccinated from the standpoint of mask wearing.

Personally I feel like asking people if they are vaccinated or not is getting a little to big brotherish for me.  Why don't we just make people who aren't vaccinated walk around with UV on their forehead. 

Requirements of having to show proof of vaccination to get into some businesses, concerts, etc. is just going to lead to more division about this topic and it will lead to people buying fake vaccine cards.      

Honored Contributor

I've NEVER worn one outside nor inside.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I didn't know you are in WA too. I'm in King County but not, thank goodness, in Seattle.

Respected Contributor

I post the truth, wherever that truth may lead me, @Lipstickdiva. I actually read medical research papers, and I listen to what every expert has to say.  The ACIP meeting on Wednesday was really something.  A doctor pointed out that women were not being properly warned about their blood clot risk from the J&J shot, and wanted to know what the cut point was --how many deaths were necessary for ACIP to change their recommendation for a particular age group of women, and that female doctor's question was met by silence without an answer.  So, there is no point at which ACIP will consider withdrawing a recommendation for a shot that harms people.  None.  Think about that.  No liability for the manufacturer, and no protection for the consumer.  I think that is downright disturbing.   

That you continue to mock me for having a different viewpoint, says quite a lot about you.   

Esteemed Contributor

Odd they usually break into my soap if someone sneezes...

Seems this would be huge news.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

About time.

Now let's see if my governor, who has been in lock-step with Dr. F & the CDC, gets with the program .

Trusted Contributor

Fully vaccinated here and can't wait to ditch my mask since it's very uncomfortable masking up in our Florida heat. But what do I do when my grocery (Publix) requires masks for entry, or when my hair salon, visited 2 days ago, says mask required or go get your haircut someplace else. Seems to me everyone nationwide needs to be on the same page. We grandparents are not being allowed to attend grandchild's graduation, even with masks and distancing. Seems so unfair.....this is our only grandchild. Our restaurants are crowded, but we can't watch a granddaughter graduate?  Bah humbug. 

Respected Contributor

Regardless of the ruling, I will continue to wear a mask in church and when in any store.  I fear it has become a security blanket for me.

Trusted Contributor

My husband is very ready to stop wearing a mask.  I have some fear thanks to the wobble effect we've been experiencing from the beginning.  So now we're suppose to believe that the cdc absolutely knows what they are talking about and not change their mind next week?

Honored Contributor

I will continue to wear a mask in certain situations.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan