Honored Contributor

Re: CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Go Without Masks INDOORS and Outdoors!

[ Edited ]

The CDC cannot issue a nation wide mask mandate. They can regulate certain agencies to require masks but it is up to governors of the states to issue mask mandates for the state.  The CDC is only issuing guidance and the states can choose to follow or not.

Ohio is lifting all health mandates on June 2nd so it really didn't matter what the CDC said as far as that goes.

According to the CDC, the chances of a vaccinated person getting Covid and spreading it is slim to none.   

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

So how does someone (like Bill Maher) who supposedly is asymptomatic and fully vaccinated yet gets tested for covid?  I am fully vaccinated and would only get tested if I had symptoms!

The test is required for those who work on the show.

@ThinkingOutLoudNo, acutally not.  It's only required by those who refuse to get vaccinated. 

From abcnews dot com:

Maher was tested as part of the Los Angeles production's weekly protocol for staff, the channel said, adding that “every precaution” is taken in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines regarding the coronavirus.

I have family members and friends who work in hospitals and nursinghomes.  They have been fully vaccinated since nearly the beginning of the vaccine availability.  

They are all still required to be tested weekly.  

Honored Contributor

@Cruzzing wrote:

Fauci also known as Dr Flip Flop! 

@Cruzzing 

Please Read post #14 by @Porcelain 

It gives a simple, explanation of WHY CDC information has to change.  

BTW - In the real world, Dr. Fauci is a genius In Immunology, an International & National Treasure.

Name calling is so babyish.. much like Puff and Go.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe   I'd hardly call Dr Fauci a genius.  Maybe he was at one time, but he sure is slipping now.

He has never practiced medicine and has been in an administrive position for the past 50 years or so. His team does the work and he takes the credit.

He has made a lot of missteps about COVID, and changes his mind a lot.

I don't trust him and I am a really good judge of character.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hundreds of people are still getting sick and dying.  The vaccine is not 100% effective.  I think I'll be more comfortable wearing a mask for some time to come.  What others do matters not to me. 

I am going to continue to wear a mask too @Kachina624 . I don't feel comfortable going into public places without it. Masks work I did not even get a cold this past year. I might continue to wear one in the fall and winter when I am out in public for that reason alone. 

Honored Contributor

@manny2    We also didn't have our usual flu assault. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@manny2    We also didn't have our usual flu assault. 

I know @Kachina624 it makes sense to wear them going forward during fall and winter season in public places. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Drythe   I'd hardly call Dr Fauci a genius.  Maybe he was at one time, but he sure is slipping now.

He has never practiced medicine and has been in an administrive position for the past 50 years or so. His team does the work and he takes the credit.

Respectfully, @Carmie  You are very much mistaken about that. He has always treated patients in addition to his very heavy workload. Even with the Ebola outbreak he treated patients himself.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hundreds of people are still getting sick and dying.  The vaccine is not 100% effective.  I think I'll be more comfortable wearing a mask for some time to come.  What others do matters not to me. 

.   As of today NM still has a mask requirement and the CDC is emphatic about state and local mandates superseding the CDC.  So, we continue to wear masks and will until our Gov. says otherwise.   Even then, we can continue to wear one, if we choose.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie  I believe you are confusing Dr. Fauci with someone else.

As things change, Dr. Fauci's opinions do as well to keep up with the latest research and scientific discoveries about this awful disease.  I am not sure why people do not understand that.

Yes, I am sure you are a good judge of character hence the mistrust. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF