Honored Contributor

Re: CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Go Without Masks INDOORS and Outdoors!

@Mindy D wrote:

How will grocery stores handle this? How can they know who is vaccinated and who is not? 

I know  good ?

I have been wearing mine, while outside ,its good sun and allergen protection so I will keep doing it

Respected Contributor

Washington state I'm sure will take their time to approve this. I think our governor enjoys people being out of work and relying on them.  I feel bad for all the landlords out there that have not had a rent check in over a year.  There are jobs available EVERYWHERE yet they can't get people to actually take them.

And I really don't understand wearing a mask if you're vaccinated, but that's your choice.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

How will grocery stores handle this? How can they know who is vaccinated and who is not? 

I know  good ?

I have been wearing mine, while outside ,its good sun and allergen protection so I will keep doing it

@MindyD @jackthebear  It's on the Honor System and the report said only the unvaccinated people will be at risk with these new guidelines.  It stands to reason, however, if the vaccine isn't 100%, that anyone not masking or social distancing could get covid.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819  The President just spoke to the American people a few minutes ago. He was clear. If you are 2 weeks past your final vaccination, you don't have to wear a mask. Period. End of sentence.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@CJC wrote:

Fully vaccinated here and can't wait to ditch my mask since it's very uncomfortable masking up in our Florida heat. But what do I do when my grocery (Publix) requires masks for entry, or when my hair salon, visited 2 days ago, says mask required or go get your haircut someplace else. Seems to me everyone nationwide needs to be on the same page. We grandparents are not being allowed to attend grandchild's graduation, even with masks and distancing. Seems so unfair.....this is our only grandchild. Our restaurants are crowded, but we can't watch a granddaughter graduate?  Bah humbug. 

I believe that all businesses have the right to continue to make masks mandatory.  Your choice is wear it or go elsewhere.  Or don't wear it and see if they enforce it. 

I have a friend who flew to Las Vegas on Sunday and her flight was delayed 40 minutes because one guy refused to wear the mask.  He ended up kicked off the plane but his idiocy caused everyone to be delayed.  If he didn't like the mask mandate, his option was to drive.  He chose to be a jerk. 

I already got an email this afternoon from my veterinarian.  They are going to continue their protocols, including masks and one client at a time in the office.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think we know by now that there will be those that will cling to their masks for a long time maybe never ever going out without one.  And that is fine.  All of you on here posting how you will continue to "mask up" for a long time that's fine.  You do you.  Do what you need to do in relation to your fear/risk level of the virus.  But it is long past time for things to open up.  For those saying hundreds are still dying every day...hundreds will always die every day.  But it is no where near the totals for infections, or even hospitalizations that were there 5 months ago.  Yes people still get a "case" of Covid.  But that's all it is.  There is no more mass ventilator issues.  Very few hospitalizations.    It is safe to go without a mask, especially if you are younger than 65.  and outside.  These people are NOT reckless, they are not endangering anyone, they are fine especially if you are fine.  The whole 6ft apart rule was proven to be a bunch of bull by a study by MIT.   When the CDC has decided it's time to lift restrictions to you can guarantee it is far past time to do so.  There are no longer death totals running underneath the tv screens.  The pandemic is no longer raging in the US.   I have not heard any reports on hospitalizations.in months.  It's time to move on.  Those that can't and won't that's fine we are not going to say things about you if you promise to let us live without the "mask guilt trips" the promises that "we are killing someone we love" if we don't wear a mask.  I realize it is hard to let go of what has been your 'safety net" after a year but seriously it is ok.  Only do what is comfortable for you.  But please quit picking on those that are comfortable with the current "un-mask" mandate from the CDC.  They have worked through this, in the middle of the worst and found they were just fine.   And with the risk far lower they understand it is really safe to not wear a mask.  But if you are not, then keep your mask we don't mind if you will let us do what is ok for us to do.  In fact there are people they are now coming to realize that are "naturally immune" to this virus.  That is the only explaintion other than the fact that this virus only attacks those with the immune dificencies that it can exploit,  it has no effect on people that do not have the specific issues it can exploit and thrive with.  Which is why you have so many that were asymptomatic.   

Respected Contributor

Telling me I am "feigning" concern is indeed mocking me, but you likely know that already.  I am not trying to "dig at the vaccine and those who have been vaccinated."  I am trying to figure out what is going on with the blood clots that are kiling some recipients, something that you don't care the slightest about for whatever your reasons.

I care about those who died from COVID as much as I care about those dying from the inoculation they took to protect themselves against COVID, so that makes me a rarity here.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Isn't this the beauty of choice? You for whatever reason (and you don't have to justify it to anyone) can wear it. Also those of us who have been living for this day can choose to burn the darn thing. No one is going to guilt me into wearing one.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I read the CDC guidance and am happy to see the restrictions loosen.  My husband and I will continue to wear a mask while shopping and around gatherings of people unless we know that they are vaccinated.  This is our choice.  There are a lot of people in our area (I live in SC) that didn't get and won't be vaccinated. I will continue to wear a kn95 in most situations for my protection because I want to do so.    

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay   Insightful and this has been my observation.  

They working on are catching up with real world experience.