Esteemed Contributor

CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Go Without Masks INDOORS and Outdoors!

Ye-haw!!!! 😊

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Go Without Masks INDOORS and Outdoors!

I will say this, if it makes you feel more comfortable to still wear a mask indoors, then by all means, wear one. But, this is what I have been waiting for. Wearing a mask indoors is optional!

This is good news!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Stores in WA state still require masks as do many places of business.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Ye-haw!!!! 😊

That's awesome. What are the details? Are there any restrictions? Guess I timed my vaccination perfectly!!!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Definitely a step in the right direction and I hope all the states, local jurisdictions and businesses follow this as much as they followed the notion to enforce masks in the first place.

Honored Contributor

our state Washington still has a mask mandate. I will continue to wear a mask long after the CDC says anything... they are so wishy washy their decisions I really do not believe them anymore.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is not new news.It has been the guidelines for several weeks at least.

But if you are with a family fully vaccinated with young children that cannot wear a mask and then you go to another family with young children that cannot wear a mask, I for one will wear a mask indoors even if all adults are fully vaccinated when the children are there. The children who go to camps, schools, day cares when maybe the others do not.

The guidelines have said grandparents can visit their unvaccinated grandchildren again without masks. Maybe they are protected but if they go take care of other grandchildren without masks, who is to say there is no transmission from children that are asymptomatic, especially if they are exposed every day to other children without masks. Take the example of 51 children recently having covd at a school.

These are all the things some have to consider so its not a yee haw shout but just some more figuring it out on the best thing to do for all involved.

I will always look forward to when all this figuring out is no longer needed but no matter what the new guidlelines are, I don't think this will be very soon. And the guidelines do not always cover every situation which I do not think helps lessen the confusion..

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Arizona never had a mask mandate and our governor fully open up the state months ago. I was only wearing one if stores required it otherwise I haven't been wearing one in most restaurants, gas stations, gyms, grocery stores for quite some time now but I'm am still elated. All I can say is it's about d*** time. Won't have to go through another miserable Arizona summer with a face diaper 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Honored Contributor

I'll keep my "social distance" but not requiring  a mask will make me VERY happy!  Haven't ever worn one while outdoors.  It will be nice not to have to wear one indoors.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally!  This is what I have been talking about.

Ohio is lifting all restrictions as of 6/2 but of course there will be businesses that will still require masks, etc.

@ByTheBay , this is new news. The CDC just released this.