Super Contributor

After what happened with last years quarterback from the college champions, the Florida State Seminoles, he still has his Heisman Trophy and a National Championship . . . was that case handled fairly by local college campus police, the local police and DA? Or did the possibility of that Championship taint their actions? Last I heard, the girl and her family were still pursuing a civil case against him.

I would NEVER want my daughter to become involved with a sports player, someone from Hollywood or the music industry OR a politician. Just a normal life. Fame & fortune for too many isn't all its cracked up to be for sure!!!

Honored Contributor
On 9/12/2014 esmerelda said:
On 9/12/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/11/2014 esmerelda said:
On 9/11/2014 Shorty2U said:

Of course they saw the tape. They hid it in the name of money and football. Its QUITE SAD that women are still prejudiced upon in 2014. There are also other sports figures still playing sports right now who have been arrested and found guilty on domestic violence charges. In the NFL alone there are 20 according to CNN this evening.

And those 20 are still playing? Hmmm....

Because Goodell admitted that until after the review of this case in the media, he had been too lenient on players convicted of domestic abuse.

He upped the penalty on Rice from 2 games to indefinite suspension. Why hasn't he revisited the other cases?

Maybe because he is a bad commissioner and goes whichever way the wind blows????...

Maybe he doesn't mete out penalties in a fair manner...maybe he needs to be fired?

An indefinite suspension means RR could be back in a month if another team wants to pick him up too.

Esteemed Contributor
No, it doesn't. I see my "brilliance" comment was premature.
Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

And they pay this guy $40 million a year ?

Esteemed Contributor
No, they don't.
Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 esmerelda said: No, they don't.

He made a mere 20 million a year or so over the last 5 years (on average). Most of his pay is in bonuses.

He did earn 44.2 million in 2012, the last year reported...so he's not hurting in the compensation department!

His good looking wife, BTW, was a Fox News anchor.

http://wtkr.com/2014/09/12/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-earned-105-million-in-5-years/

Esteemed Contributor
His base salary is $3M. The rest is bonuses and incentives...like tips for doing a good job. His wife has nothing to do with this subject...nor does FOX news.
Keepin' it real.