Trusted Contributor

On tonight's CBS newscast they talked about the NFL not getting a copy of the tape and that was their (NFL's) greatest regret. Meanwhile today the story came out that the NFL DID get a copy of the tape several months ago (I think it was on CNN).

I looked at the schedule and see that the NFL games are on CBS. I think it was a major and deliberate action to NOT mention the updated information about the NFL getting a copy of the tape. It just disgusts me.

Did anyone else hear today that the NFL got a copy of the tape earlier this year? What's your opinion?

Respected Contributor

So far I have heard a lot of accusations and he said/he said (or he did/he did) but little verified facts (as far as who got the tape when).

I am waiting for ALL of the truth, and welcome it. Let the chips fall....but make sure of the facts first is my motto.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/11/2014 Complicated said:

So far I have heard a lot of accusations and he said/he said (or he did/he did) but little verified facts (as far as who got the tape when).

I am waiting for ALL of the truth, and welcome it. Let the chips fall....but make sure of the facts first is my motto.

Hi Marianne - yes, makes sense.

Valued Contributor

Rihanna's song has been pulled from pregame show in light of the scandal. Instead, they will discuss the latest developments in the Ray Rice scandal.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cbs-pulls-rihanna-song-nfl-732355

Trusted Contributor

This was in USA TODAY and was posted YESTERDAY. CBS made NO mention of this in their report tonight -- not even that it was being disputed.

Tom Pelissero, USA TODAY Sports 9:58 p.m. EDT September 10, 2014

The NFL says it has "no knowledge" of anyone in its offices receiving a copy of the now infamous Ray Rice video in April, as a law enforcement official claimed in a report the Associated Press published Wednesday.

"We are not aware of anyone in our office who possessed or saw the video before it was made public on Monday," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail to USA TODAY Sports. "We will look into it."

NFL Security had begun looking into the matter by Wednesday night, Aiello confirmed.

Since the video of Rice punching his then-fiancée was posted Monday on TMZ, the league and Commissioner Roger Goodell — who suspended Rice indefinitely — have been adamant they didn't see the violent images until this week.

But a law enforcement official told the Associated Press he sent a video of Rice punching Janay Palmer, now Rice's wife, to an NFL executive five months ago. The law enforcement official also played the AP a 12-second voicemail from an NFL office number on April 9 confirming the video arrived. A female voice expresses thanks and says: "You're right. It's terrible."

The official, speaking to the AP on condition of anonymity because of the ongoing investigation, says the NFL never followed up. The person can't confirm if anyone at the NFL watched the video. The person said he shared the video — which he was unauthorized to release — because he wanted the NFL to have it before deciding on Rice's punishment.

Valued Contributor

The NFL games are on more than one network, not only CBS.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/11/2014 Dell said:

The NFL games are on more than one network, not only CBS.

OK, I thought it was exclusive.

I just can't imagine why CBS left this important factoid off their extensive story on tonight's newscast. It disgusts me. The NFL is getting major breaks on this story.

Do any of you think Roger Goodell should be fired or step down? In light of this I think he should step down.

Honored Contributor

Out of the Top 10 television shows of the 2013 - NINE were NFL games - the other was the Thanksgiving Day Parade.

NFL football is a near obsession in America. Players & the league get away with a lot...because they are so popular.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking higher ups saw the footage, but the Ravens coach did not. All I can say was that fight was brutal.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/11/2014 SydneyH said:

I'm thinking higher ups saw the footage, but the Ravens coach did not. All I can say was that fight was brutal.

Mom and I were watching (of all things) Inside Edition tonight and they showed on the tape where they spit on each other several times during the fight. Really brutal.