Respected Contributor

CBD oil for HAIR?

[ Edited ]

A friend recently told me she is using CBD oil with hemp oil in it. No fillers and No arsenic in it.  She says it is helping her hair to grow and look amazing. I saw her hair and it is full and not thinning now!  From some thyroid issue I have a bit of loss of hair!

This sounds amazing. Is this something anyone has tried and used for hair and  or other issues and has it worked?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CBD oil for Dogs .. Update

A workout buddy told me she gave this to her arthritic older dog and he has improved greatly. It’s anecdotal but it may be true.

Valued Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

A friend recently told me she is using CBD oil with hemp oil in it. No fillers and No arsenic in it.  She says it is helping her hair to grow and look amazing. I saw her hair and it is full and not thinning now!  From some thyroid issue I have a bit of loss of hair!

This sounds amazing. Is this something anyone has tried and used for hair and  or other issues and has it worked?

I had very bad joint pain that was getting worse. About 3-4 months ago, I bought some CBD oil to try. I put in on my ankle when it was inflammed and in pain, one night. I had shooting pains all night and didn't sleep well. I didn't really think much of it, bcz I have pains in my knees, ankles, etc at night anyway. I tried it again on a couple of other nights, and had the same thing happen. I'm not sure why it would happen, maybe it was the brand (Nuleaf Naturals). They supposedly are one of the good ones. I never took it internally.
Other people swear by it for many ailments.
The thing that finally helped me with my joint pain is juicing and going gluten/dairy free. The juicing has helped tremendously. After 2 months, I'm walking almost pain free

Respected Contributor

I use the CBD cream on my knees when they are sore. The CBD I use is made from Hemp. No Thc to get that high feeling. There are also products made from Pot, but they take out the Thc if that is a concern.  I have been using it for about a month now.  So far so good. It does reduce the soreness so walking is easier. I also have the CBD oil. Have not used that yet (for occasional anxiety). It can be made into many forms. Oils, creams, gummys, etc., and you can have it mailed to you or go to a reputable store to purchase. I think I read that CVS was going to start carring some of the CBD products. I haven't used it for hair yet. I will check into that though.

Respected Contributor

FlowerBear,  @FlowerBear 

I tried CBD Oil 750mg 1oz (2.5%)  No THC for 4 months ($70 a bottle) ... my main purpose was to wean off opioids for pain.   Mostly it helped me with anxiety,  Perhaps I did not try it long enough to notice any positive effects with hair, and mine could use more fullness.  From all of the reviews I have read, pain management & mood enhancement are reasons consumers purchase hemp oil (not hemp seed).

A friend of mine used Biotin for hair, and I saw a vast improvement.

Honored Contributor

Hemp is the answer in CBDs vs those with cannabinoids ie CBDs containing various levels of THC depending on the variety of medical marijuana raised.

There are good reads on google for CBD hemp.

Esteemed Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

@FlowerBear

I read the whole thread, and I'm still confused why the heading for your post says "for dogs."  Is your friend using a CBD oil that's meant for dogs and not people?  Maybe I'm just being dense, but I kept looking for a mention of dogs in your post. Help!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

Thank you I thought I was losing my mind, I reread the Op's comments several times

@shoesnbags wrote:

@FlowerBear wrote:

@FlowerBear

I read the whole thread, and I'm still confused why the heading for your post says "for dogs."  Is your friend using a CBD oil that's meant for dogs and not people?  Maybe I'm just being dense, but I kept looking for a mention of dogs in your post. Help!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

And what does CBD stand for?

Valued Contributor

I used CBD for 4 months and had bowel issues.  It s a oil and it was like taking castor oil.  During the time that I took I, I sleep a little better and felt calmer, but the bowel issue was the reason that I stopped taking it.  Too bad.  It is supposed to help with IBS and only it only made matters worse.  There are side effects.

My neice give CBD for dogs to her dog to help with joint issues.  It seems to help.