Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAN'T BELIEVE LUG PACKAGING FOR TSV

I received mine today, too, and they were packaged as the OP described. I have NO problem with it whatsoever. They were perfectly fine. They were "safe." I respect companies that seek cost-efficient ways to send items to customers. Frankly, I am glad to NOT have another cardboard box to break down and take up my garbage can (i.e like my numerous Amazon boxes).

Honored Contributor

I got mine yesterday, too, and it was in the same kind of plastic bag.  I was kind of surprised as I have never received any order from the Q in that type of thing. I thought it was a bit flimsy and could have been sent in a sturdier, mailer bag type thing.  The plastic could have been easily torn as it was like a thin plastic as you would see a blouse or something placed in and then put inside a box or heavier mailer.  Luckily, the bag did not appear to be pierced or anything.  My mail - catalogs, etc, often shows up torn or damaged, so I was glad that this arrived safely.  I don't feel this was the best way to send this!  I wasn't really worried about the Virus but worried that the product might have gotten damaged.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I would not have been happy with that type of packaging.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe the Lug products come directly from the vendor.  It's quite possible that because of current circumstances, they just didn't have the usual shipping bags.  

A lot of things are different now and will probably continue to be that way for a while.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several Lug bags and I do really like them.  I have stopped purchasing though because they are not packaged well and I've had to return a couple that were damaged, like literally torn.  I'm not concerned about the virus as I take my packages in with gloves and let them sit in the garage for a few days before opening them.    They need to be packaged better, the post office and UPS are extremely busy and cannot be expected to handle everything with care.  It's like expecting the luggage handlers to treat your suitcase tenderly!!  LOL

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I have several Lug bags and I do really like them.  I have stopped purchasing though because they are not packaged well and I've had to return a couple that were damaged, like literally torn.  I'm not concerned about the virus as I take my packages in with gloves and let them sit in the garage for a few days before opening them.    They need to be packaged better, the post office and UPS are extremely busy and cannot be expected to handle everything with care.  It's like expecting the luggage handlers to treat your suitcase tenderly!!  LOL

Agree! Good point!!

Super Contributor

Mine arrived the exact same way.  One bag clear with one of the ends opened. The other one in a gray bag like when I get denim &company the bags were all right, but that packaging sure surprised me.  Couldn't believe what I was seeing.  

Honored Contributor

To those of who whose bags came in great condition, as one of my two did, I'm happy for you. But IMO, as I stated above, the packaging did not afford enough protection to go through postal machinery.
Esteemed Contributor

I received mine in the same clear "look at what is inside" packaging. I was very surprised as I've never had a Lug bag to arrive like that. Let's add to it that the thin clear packaging was torn and the invoice was coming out of the pocket designed to hold it as the side was almost completely open.

I was really looking forward to that red bag as a lift during this dismal time. Instead, it had completely the opposiite effect. I have the Cuddl Duds TSV coming to me. Now, to see if it will be enclosed in a "Like what you see then take it" bag. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm getting a bit nervous about what condition mine is going to be in; it's coming to California from New York, that's a whole lot of handling!

(Not nervous about the virus being on the bag, worried about the bag not holding up.)