Honored Contributor

Re: CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THIS

@qualitygal 

My wife and I put certain things in a place we know we will remember where they are, and guess what?  We lost a ceiling fan remote for our patio room. Searched for days for it and finally gave up. Months later, there it was. How, why? We are still trying to figure that one out.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@tototwo : Great laughing. I have a long list. One special memory of my precious Mother. We were busy cooking for company. Mother was upset because she couldn’t find the percolator. I opened the refrigerator door to get something and it was sitting on the middle shelf. We assumed it had been in the refrigerator since the previous morning, but it still worked. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have, with my "regular" glasses.  I wear regular and reading.  The opposite pair on my eyes is usually on my head.  So I'm rushing around like an idiot trying to get out the door, and voila, there they were on my head.  

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

Back in the 70's when I lived in my apartment, I opened my fridge and my cat was sitting there staring at me. I knew she was thinking, "you dumb a**". I had just got in from reffing a few youth hockey games and she greeted me at the door. How she got in that fridge without me seeing her is still a mystery to me. 

She couldn't have been in there long because I had gotten a Gatorade and was going back for another. Now I check our fridge and count heads before I  "call it a night"!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

I've tried to ANSWER the remote -- talk about feeling dumb!

@vsm 

Me too, and though we have a "talk to" satellite remote,  it, so far anyways, hasn't talked back!   =^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Wait till you come to a red light and start pushing your garage door opener button to make the light turn green. Yes I did.

@shaggygirl 

The question is, did it work?. 😁

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Wait till you come to a red light and start pushing your garage door opener button to make the light turn green. Yes I did.

@shaggygirl 

@Drythe 

No it didn't no matter how hard I pressed it. And for a second or two I thought my garage door opener was on the fritz. Then I suddenly realized I was losing my mind and should get off the road for the rest of the day lest I hurt somebody.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@shaggygirl 

@Drythe 

No it didn't no matter how hard I pressed it. And for a second or two I thought my garage door opener was on the fritz. Then I suddenly realized I was losing my mind and should get off the road for the rest of the day lest I hurt somebody.

@shaggygirl 

Well, thas’ Too bad.  For a moment I thought we were on to something!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've spent my life in an IT career, all facets of the field including user support and training.    A few years ago, my home printer wouldn't respond when I tried to turn it on.    Completely dead.    I was sure I had tried all the normal (and even odd) troubleshooting tips, and finally in frustration I contacted the support site.   Embarrassed to look back, now, and think how much time I spent.   Nothing worked, no longer under warranty, so I resigned myself to buying a new printer.   Then I noticed that what I had thought was the printer’s plug in the electrical outlet actually was a music system plug.   The actual printer cord and plug were hiding behind the desk.   On the floor... crying out for electricity.    A lesson in humility, and also how silly I can be sometimes.😜

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Laugh at ourselves

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova