Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...Another tee shirt with writing on it that I had to share with my dear friend...

SOME GIRLS

ARE JUST BORN

WITH THE

Beach 

in their souls  

Of course I had to laugh out loud when I read it. Woman LOL  However, the more I see things like that, the more it brings back so many memories.  I went through all my pictures a few days ago and when I saw myself at the beach I almost cried from sheer joy. Woman Happy

Just looking at the beach itself with the sand you first walk on when you arrive and then the pebblesCat Surprised the rest of the way before you hit the water.  "Those were the days my friend, those were the days."Smiley Wink

The thing with the ants that day,Smiley Surprised was trying to figure out how to lift the dish with the cake on it without having the ants scatter every which way, including up my arms.Woman Tongue  

Your salted cake sounds like a lot of work, but if you enjoy it, then it's all worth the effort. Smiley Very Happy  I love the way you described the cake, you have an excellent and delightful way with words.Woman Happy

So you gave in and treated yourself to the Adjustable Stand you have been yearning for, good for you.  I noticed lately I have purchased more items than usual, Smiley Surprised I wonder why that is...boredom perhaps?  Or too much time spent at the computer online?  Hmmm, I think both is the answer. We deserve to be good to ourselves as long as we don't go overboard. Cat Happy

Here I am again at this late hour, what else does one do when sleep evades us?  Read, watch TV, and or get lost online!!!!  So I will say so long for now my friend, and oh, how is the snow?  Be good to yourself, Lindsay asked me earlier to say hello to you if I send you mail, so, "Hello Aunt Sandy." And Yuki says "Arf, Arf"Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Reading this post brightened my day!🔆

How wonderful it is to have such cherished memories. Recollections such as those help sustain us when we face dark moments in our lives; thank goodness! It is so nice that you found your JOY in that moment.😊 

I have been VERY good to myself lately, but my poor credit cards are screaming, "YOU'RE GONNA REGRET IT NEXT MONTH".😂 The Q, HSN, Walmart, Ebay and Amazon will be thanking me however. That is what happens when I rest TOO much; I shop too much! In the spirit of spring cleaning I purchased practical storage items and other things from The Q and HSN in the past few months; to Include a laptop that I really love; all are of great quality! Like you, I sometimes shop when I am bored too.😉

My energy level has improved lately, so I am thinking that is influencing my shopping binge, but I am happy to say they were all practical things I needed.👼

We were blessed with a BEAUTIFUL blue sky today, so I took advantage, and stepped outside for a few minutes to let the sun bathe my face.😊 The snow is 60-70 percent melted in the backyard, but snow is returning Sun, Mon, Tues, and Wed. I doubt we will have more than a few inches of accumulation, but we shall see.🤷‍♀️

Whew! What an update! Sometimes my fingers are possessed.😁 It is still early, so I think I will scan for an interesting thread to visit. I really enjoyed several of them yesterday, but a few of them; well...😈  I miss the rays of sunshine your inspirational threads brought to the forums.

😀

I could not help but giggle at Yuki's "Arf Arf".😂 As always give everyone my regards, and a special pat on the head to Ms. Yuki! Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   Can you imagine how many people have and are doing exactly what we were doing?  Shopping!!!! Woman Wink I decided to add to my wardrobe which I haven't done in a very long time.  Zulily caught my eye and now all I have to do is figure out where to go while wearing my new lovely clothes, and  I haven't finished yet!!!  Woman Very Happy  There are packages that haven't arrived that I'm looking forward to receiving.Woman LOL

I am delighted to hear that your energy level has  improved and if it causes you to shop, oh well, it's for a good cause.Smiley LOL  I don't shop the homeshopping networks anymore.  When I retired I  gave it up and am very proud of myself for not giving in to temptation.Cat Very Happy

I still have many pieces of jewelry I bought over the years, particularly from QVC, such as Joan Rivers, Ann King's beautiful Bee Ring, Judith Ripka, Steel by Design, and Chuck Clemency.  There others whose names escape me after so many years.

Handbags were another passion of mine.  Believe it or not I still have two of them in perfect condition.  And I am talking about many , many years ago.  Good leather and taking care of them results in longevity.

Oh my, my daughter just put the most scrumptious cheesecake in front of me she bought at the Cheesecake Factory.  It must have at least a thousand caloriesWoman Surprised but I sure love cheesecake.  My mother's recipe is by far better than any cheesecake from any bakery I know of..  Woman Happy  It is a  lot of work but the result is sheer mouthwatering delightful.Woman Tongue

So my dear friend, on that note I will say good night for now and take good care of yourself.  I asked Lindsay if she wants to say anything and she said, "Please tell my Aunt Sandy I said hello."  So Aunt Sandy, "Hello from Lindsay" Until later...Heart

PS:  I saw this and immediately thought of you.

Salted Caramel

White Russian

Ingredients:

Vodka, Kahliua, Heavy Cream, Caramel Syrup

Flake Sea Salt.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles Hello, are you there?  You have a response waiting for you, hope you are alright, worrying about you my friend.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma Awww. Signing on and reading your caring post leaves a smile on my face, and wrapped a bow around my heart.🎀❤

I have been TERRIBLY distracted lately.😐 Please accept my apologies for my absence, and any worry it might have brought to you. I know how much we like to check in with each other.😊

It has been an intensely emotional time here in Colorado following the tragedy that unfolded at the supermarket in Boulder.😢 The senseless loss of so many innocent lives, including the law enforcement officer that paid the ultimate price for his bravery, has shaken every community to its core! The ENTIRE state stands in solidarity with them.❤

My heart, thoughts, and prayers have been with the grieving families as they process such a profoundly difficult time.🙏 It is days since, and my heart continues to hemorrhage.😔💔 

Communities are coming together in an overwhelming show of support. In fact, I will be attending a fundraiser tomorrow afternoon for the fallen officer; a father of 7; and families of the victims.😐

I felt uneasy, somewhat trepidatious while shopping at our neighborhood King Soopers last evening, to give you  perspective of how traumatizing this has been to me.😞

I, along with others, am having problems with the website so I will close now, but look forward to your next update! As always, please give everyone my regards, and a special warm hug to Lindsay from Aunt Sandy.🤗 Her sweet hello put a big ole' Cheshire cat grin on my face.😁 Take great care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE and PRAYERS for the Boulder Community today!💖💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...I completely understand the sadness you are feeling because of the senseless killing of so many innocent people at the supermarket in Boulder. Woman Surprised 

I have two dear friends who live in Lakewood whose home we stayed in for several months while on our way back from Florida to AZ a few years ago.

It is difficult to absorb the deaths of so many innocent lives lost in such a senseless  act, particularly the police officer who was the father of seven children.  My heart and prayers go out to all the people who lost their dear ones and a speedy recovery for those who were injured.Heart

Recently my daughter Stacy  told me I was lucky to have been born when I was, and I tend to agree with her.  My sister and I had a mother and father who filled our lives with love, comfort and everything children needed in order to grow into smart, kind and  productive adults. 

The one thing we didn't have, thank God, were evil people who killed innocent people for no reason whatsoever.   We felt safe, how can people today feel safe when there are others who take it upon themselves to go out into society with weapons and kill innocent people?

I apologize for the length of this post, I got carried away, how can one not under these circumstances?  My dear friend, I will add my prayers to yours for the people in Boulder and all of Colorado for the senseless killing of your neighbors.  Take care, my friend, I care...Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  Sleep is not coming easy for me tonight, so I thought I would visit the boards for a bit; in desperate need of a distraction from the stress, and sadness. Although I do not live in Boulder, my heart has taken up residency there.❤ Shopping at my neighborhood King Soopers is still an unsettling experience; and we live several cities away.

I promise to keep this post light, and must have been composing it as you posted yours at 3:08, so I just edited mine to acknowledge that. GMTA.😄

You seem excited about your latest shopping experience; so much so, that I am excited for you!😊 Shipping times have greatly improved with some retailers lately. Hopefully, you will have your packages soon🤞, although part of the fun is the actual wait time; the eager anticipation!😁

I LOVE 24K gold! Had I known the price of gold would skyrocket as it has, I would gladly have purchased so MUCH more of it years ago. I LOVED, and miss the Vincenza gold shows hosted by the beautiful Lisa Robertson.😊 I own a beautiful Judith Ripka gold plated pink Monaco ring purchased at The Q several years ago, that is virtually indistinguishable from new! It was a happy birthday to me gift.😄

I miss the light Joan Rivers brought to The Q.😐 Her clothing AND jewelry were of EXCELLENT quality! I have not purchased anything from the line since she went to heaven.😊

(Singing in the tune of "O Christmas Tree")-Oh cheesecake, oh cheesecake, oh how I love you cheesecaaaaaake. My "eyes" are salivating after reading about yours.🤪 My absolute favorite is strawberry swirl!🍓

It has been many moons since I imbibed, but the drink you listed is one I would have ENJOYED when I did.😁

Thankfully, sleep fairies are now tap dancing on my eyelids, so I am hoping to be in ZZZZZ land shortly.🤞🤞 I look forward to hearing from you soon! Your thoughtful prayers will be welcome, and APPRECIATED by so many. You are indeed a kind, loving soul! Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE and PRAYERS for Boulder today💖💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...Where do I start?  I remember during our visit to Lakewood, my two friends and I went shopping at a King Soopers Market.  The mind plays tricks and one of my thoughts was, it could have happened at the location I was at on that particular night.   You know how the expression goes, it woulda, coulda, shoulda.

I haven't found shipping time to have improved here in AZ.  Actually, it appears to have gotten worse.  Perhaps that is because so many people are ordering online which causes overloads, just speculating.

Many years ago I was a lover of gold and the majority of what I owned was definitely 24k.  For whatever reason, one day I decided I loved sterling silver more than the gold.  That resulted in every piece of jewelry from that day on was in silver.  To this day I am still a lover of it. Lisa Robertson, I will always remember the first time I saw her and from that day on always enjoyed her.  

One of the items I purchased from Joan Rivers was the Lady Bug Bracelet and Earring set.  The workmanship is amazing and the weight of the bracelet is that of a very expensive piece of jewelry. 

As a young child where we lived there were umbrella trees planted at the curb along the street.   We loved them because on warm days while playing outside if we got a light shower we stood under a tree as though it were an umbrella.  Lady bugs lived on the trees and we would sing a song to them.  "Lady bug, ladybug, fly away, your children are hungry and they want to play."

You can look under Umbrella Trees or Lady Bugs and find many songs related to them. 

Lindsay has been informed  that everything I own will be hers when I pass.  It is written and notarized.  Between my art  and jewelry collections, should she decide to sell any, will bring in quite a bit of money. 

Incidentally, when I brought your attention to the White Russian drink, it had nothing to do with the alcoholic content.Woman Embarassed  It was because of the other ingredients, just wanted to clarify that.

Other than that, my dear friend what I really need to talk about, which has hurt me to the core, Woman Sad will have to stay with me.  It is way too personal to put here.  In the meantime, please continue to take good care of yourself.  The world needs people  like you. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma My heart is singing!😄 Reading your post evoked such a warm childhood memory! As a little girl, I loved to catch ladybugs because my grandmother believed them to be good luck, and would ALWAYS  point them out. I would think good things would happen to me if I allowed one to crawl on me.😊 With naivete typical of a child, I thought a benign act such as finding a penny on the sidewalk was because of  my contact with the ladybug. To this day, the thought of it brings me joy, and I love to see the excitement on the faces of small children when I share with them the same.😁

It  sounds as if you have wonderful collections! I am certain that when the time comes, Lindsay will have the same care, and respect for your collections as you do. She is quite fortunate to have a grandmother who loves her so dearly.😊 

I am SO sorry to read that you are experiencing such anguish in your life! Without knowing the facts, I KNOW that the person I have had the honor of getting to know through our many chats, is quite STRONG with an INDOMITABLE spirit to match!!!😊 You WILL weather whatever the storm may bring, even if the clouds remain gray today! These are mere words on a screen, but please know they are heartfelt, and that I pray God surrounds you with his loving arms of COMFORT to help sustain you during this difficult period.🙏

I am concerned for you, and eagerly look forward to your next update! Give my regards to everyone, and take SPECIAL care today! My thoughts are with you dear friend!❤🤗😀

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma My heart is singing!😄 Reading your post evoked such a warm childhood memory! As a little girl, I loved to catch ladybugs because my grandmother believed them to be good luck, and would ALWAYS  point them out. I would think good things would happen to me if I allowed one to crawl on me.😊 With naivete typical of a child, I thought a benign act such as finding a penny on the sidewalk was because of  my contact with the ladybug. To this day, the thought of it brings me joy, and I love to see the excitement on the faces of small children when I share with them the same.😁

It  sounds as if you have wonderful collections! I am certain that when the time comes, Lindsay will have the same care, and respect for your collections as you do. She is quite fortunate to have a grandmother who loves her so dearly.😊 

I am SO sorry to read that you are experiencing such anguish in your life! Without knowing the facts, I KNOW that the person I have had the honor of getting to know through our many chats, is quite STRONG with an INDOMITABLE spirit to match!!!😊 You WILL weather whatever the storm may bring, even if the clouds remain gray today! These are mere words on a screen, but please know they are heartfelt, and that I pray God surrounds you with his loving arms of COMFORT to help sustain you during this difficult period.🙏

I am concerned for you, and eagerly look forward to your next update! Give my regards to everyone, and take SPECIAL care today! My thoughts are with you dear friend!❤🤗😀

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Oh my friend, I was delighted to find that you too, shared joyful days with lady bugs.Woman Happy  I so much enjoy the ladybug bracelet because it is a work of art which brings back so many fun and fond memories.Smiley Very Happy

I wish I could share with you what Stacy did that hurt me to the core.  It is private and certainly not to be shared on a forum.  It does, however, make me realize that no matter how much one gives a child, how much you do without to make sure a child has everything they want, only to find that the other parent who did so little is the one who gets thanked and is missed.

There is a lot of history where Stacy is concerned.  She was four years old when her father and I divorced, not for selfish reasons, but for necessity.  I had two children from my first marriage and Stacy from this one.  I didn't want my children to live in a home where it wasn't safe.  No child should witness their mother being hit and or punched and the police coming into the house to bring order.

After the divorce he moved to Northern CA while we were in Southern CA, so of course I was the sole parent.  Many years of days of conflict and better days, all on one parent.  And quite by accident you find out the other parent who was not in the picture, by choice, is suddenly thanked and missed.

Woman Surprised

Imagine how that feels when the one who did everything never got a thank you for anything and appreciation was never shown.  That's as far as I will go, and probably too much, but you get the picture.

Did you see my post about Yuki stealing my hamburger?Smiley Mad  What was so interesting was that it was a clean swipe, she didn't even disturb the bun, one quick grab and the burger was gone.  We have to be so careful with her in the house, she is ready to swipe anything and everything.Woman Surprised

Have things settled down a bit since the deadly shooting in Colorado?Cat Sad  It appears others have taken place in different states.  I read a short "Breaking News" a few minutes ago of one that took place in Southern CA.  Woman Sad  

Along with many others, I await my stimulus direct deposit, while questioning why it was decided people on social security would be last to receive them.Woman Frustrated

On that note my dear friend, I will say how glad I am to have you as my friend. Woman Very Happy Please take good care of yourself and I look forward to hearing from you soon.