Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

[ Edited ]

Hello my friend, I am grateful Stacy doesn't have to deal with physical abuse.  That's not to say the abuse from the monster in our home isn't affecting her, of course it is.  However, she still makes sure her makeup and clothes are just so, and her hair, don't get me started with that.  She is hoping to meet someone and I keep reminding her that as long she has IT in her life she isn't going to meet anyone.  Close one door to allow the second door to open.

The straw that  broke the camel's back, so to speak for me, was when the police were removing my then husband from the house after looking at my face and deciding to arrest him.  They had me join them at the police station as they thought pictures of my face might be needed and it was decided they weren't.

I ended up with two black eyes and a bruised face.  I knew at that time it was OVER.  There was another time prior to that when he had me on the floor with my head very close to the hearth of the fire place and there, for the grace of God, the adrenaline and the will to live kicked in, I was able to get out from under him and run for my life.  I pray that every woman who is being abused, whether physically or mentally, has enough love for themselves to fight back and get out from under.  

I agree with you that we feel every emotion felt by our children, whether good or bad.  When they become adults, and particularly when they have families of their own we must remember,  as much as we want to help them, we should not take it upon ourselves to step in unless asked.  Sure, we can offer advice, but it won't be heard unless it was asked for.  

We look forward to our children growing up and becoming independent and yet, when it happens, we can't help ourselves, we still want to solve their problems for them.  When they are young we hold their hands and when they are adults, we still want to hold their hands, does the cycle ever end?  I doubt it.

So my dear friend whatever hiccups you had, don't let them shake your world, take a deep breath and blow them away.  Until the next time...Woman Very Happy

Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  Thank you for the words of encouragement!🥰 You are spot on; we always want to be there for our children, but some things they must endure alone. We become counsel of support to them as they age, but our hearts still want to "protect" them; though it is sometimes difficult to acquiesce.😊

You and I have shared  several stories in the past of courage, strength, and triumph over adversity. We are indeed SURVIVORS, and serve as an example to others who may find themselves in similar circumstances.👍

As you are aware, I sometimes overload my plate when trying to be of service to others, and them find myself completely exhausted; such has been the case lately.😐

Since returning from Costa Rica, I find that my energy level has not quite returned to normal; though it has been almost a month. I am however, still able to go about my day as normal, and my urge to clean everything in sight has certainly not waned.😁 I have also been squeezing in a little "me" time, and that is helping a bit.

It was an EXHAUSTING, HOT, BUSY, STRESSFUL trip, and I believe that to be the culprit. It might be the weather here as well; snow, snow, and then, SNOW.🤔

I am hoping all is well with YOU today, and look forward to your next update. Please give my warmest regards to Lindsay and Stacy! Take good care dear friend.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles I saw the cutest tee shirt and the words on it immediately brought you to mind...

The Beach Is Calling And

I must go

Had I seen that in my young years while spending my summers at the beach on Long Island I would have ordered it.  Woman Happy

I hope your energy level has improved.  I know you are there for anyone who needs counseling, however, there comes a time in life when we have to step back for our own well being.   I startled to laugh as I was typing this Woman Very Happy because I could have been writing it to myself.  I believe we are two of a kind.

Lindsay is doing well and we keep a very close watch on her.  Stacy is looking for another neurologist, she doesn't care for the one she was seeing, he hardly talked.  Cat Frustrated 

Our temperatures here in AZ are rising, "the temperatures rising it isn't surprising, we're having a heat wave."Woman Sad  The weather forecast is showing numbers in the eighties, sadly we have short winters.  I miss the cooler temperatures because I can wear a whole different wardrobe which I love.

I hope the weather conditions where you are have improved somewhat.  Snow can be beautiful but days and days of it, not so much.  Having been raised in New York, I know only too well about snow and cold winters.  We never gave it much thought at the time because we were used to it.  Had I lived elsewhere and moved to a state where it snowed, I would feel very differently. Smiley Frustrated Is it humid in the summer where you are?

Well, my dear friend, it is very late, time to shut down and call it a night.  As always, I look forward to to hearing from you.  Take care....later.Woman Wink

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  I would love to see that t-shirt, but the beach better NOT call me because I will NOT answer; at least not for now.😂

You spoke of your childhood Long Island summers awhile back; vividly describing how much you enjoyed, and now miss them. I remember thinking of how wonderful they must have been. The images I formed in my head gave me the warm fuzzies.😁 You are quite fortunate to have had such amazing vacations!😊

My energy level has not yet improved, nor has it worsened, so that is encouraging.👍

I am SO happy to read that Lindsay continues to do well! She certainly deserves it after her ordeal. Has she resumed socializing with friends via Skype, or in-person?

Good for Stacy! I hope she is able to find a more suitable neurologist.🤞 We mothers generally have a sixth sense in these matters, as we advocate for our chickadees.😁

😮WOW @ 80's! I love weather in the 80's!👍 Today is a warm 63 degrees here, and will be so for the next few days. I am LOVING it, but snow is forecast for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I plan to take full advantage of this mild, sunny weather.😊 

The summers are typically hot and dry here, but I will gladly accept that over the MISERABLY HOT, humid days I endured in Costa Rica this past trip-shudder. It is ALWAYS hot when I vacation there, but my body just did not acclimate to this new area well.😁 I was busy from sun up, til sun down helping my daughter in some capacity with the move to the new house, and Nana duty; LOVED that! Walking to the market almost daily in that scorching heat factored into my extreme fatigue as well. The ten minute walk to the beach was always a welcome pleasure!😊

I am glad that all is well with you, and am sending warm regards to the family. Give Lindsay a BIG hug🤗 from Aunt Sandy, and a playful pat on the head to Yuki.😁 Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   Yes, my sister and I were very fortunate to have had a father who built a summer house on Long Island so that for years we were able to enjoy our vacations. Smiley Very Happy  Our mother, on the other hand, spent many lonely days and nights while daddy was in the city at his job, and drove out on Friday nights and left at daybreak every Monday for the two hour drive back to the city and work. Cat Sad

You can be sure I never stopped thanking them for being two of the most loving parents a child could have. They have been gone a long time and I still miss and think of them everyday.Heart

You know my friend, I am beginning to think that this last trip of yours to Costa Rica that has taken you longer than usual to get your energy back on track, is due to several reasons. Woman Wink  First of all, it wasn't a vacation, you were busy from morning until night.  Helping your daughter settle into her new home while taking care of a very young child is a lot of work. Woman Tongue Secondly, and I say this with love,Heart you are not getting younger, not that you are old, but age plays into the scenario along with being busy day after day.  The walks in the hot sun with the humidity also takes it's toll.  So enjoy your time relaxing as your energy builds up, need a nap?  Take one.  Read a book, you know the drill. .Woman Happy

Lindsay asked me to say hello to her Aunt Sandy and thanks you for being so nice. She is taking it slow getting back into her social life, still a bit nervous about venturing out.  Yuki wags her tail. Smiley LOL

As for me, well I believe it is way past the time for that restraining order.  I can take just so much and the limit has passed, this is one very disturbed individual. 

So dear friend, on that note I will say so long until the next time, be good to yourself. Woman Very Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Thank you for your sage advice, and you are so right; age is definitely a factor!💖 👍 I am happy to report that I have been taking it EASY lately, and am enjoying it.😁

I ventured out this afternoon because we are bracing for yet another BIG snow event this weekend.😐 We are now prepared to hunker down for a few days.

It pains me to read that you are still experiencing problems with "It".😔 Perhaps one day soon he will leave of his own accord, so that Stacy, and you may reclaim solace.🤞😊

Sleep fairies are tap dancing on my eyelids, so I am off to dreamland shortly. I am sending warm regards to everyone. Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   I can't believe, more snow?  I recently spoke with a dear friend in CO where we stayed for a period on our way back to AZ from FL.  If we decide to leave here I was looking to move there, didn't know they have such cold weather and some snow. Woman Sad  I may opt for North Carolina, however, I need more info about their weather.  We had more rain here yesterday which is always welcome and of course I can tolerate rain, snow, not so much.

So you spotted Judging Others, I enjoyed sharing that one and I am very sad not to be able to continue sharing good thoughts.  Certainly with all we have been going through I would think it would be welcome, but what do I  know? Woman Very Happy

I'm afraid "IT" will not leave of his own accord, it is much easier for him staying here than being on his own, and he knows it.  He has been told numerous times to pack up and leave and just ignores it. Cat Mad  Sadly, Stacy doesn't have the survival instincts I had, she is much too soft where she should be hard, I'm sure you get the drift.

I'm delighted to hear you have been taking it easy and enjoying it.  I am sure you will be back to your old self in very short time. Woman Happy

It's far later than I planned to still be at the computer, had some mail to take care of and lost all track of time.  So, I will say good night, or good morning Woman Wink whichever...as always I will be looking forward to hearing from you my dear friend.  Take care of yourself, stay warm.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Mother nature decided to "gift" us with heavy blankets of white powder during this snow event, making it the fourth largest blizzard on record in this area!😊 It was exciting to watch at times from the comfort of the dining room window; until there was NO visibility. Fortunately, we were WELL prepared and did not lose power, but many others did not fare as well.😐

If you are wishing to avoid winter/spring snow with your next move, you might want to annex CO from your list of contenders.😁 There are however, several areas that do not get much snow due to their geographic location.

Seasonal snow returns tomorrow and Wednesday, so I will cross my fingers, eyes, and toes that we "weather" this storm as well.🤞🤪

Resting during the day has been an enjoyable change of pace for me, but of course I had to "squeeze" in some cleaning, and organizing; it truly brings me joy.😁

I am thinking of baking a Salted Caramel Cake this evening for tomorrow's dessert, since any leisurely outdoor activity is all but impossible.🤔 Please give everyone warm regards. Until next update; take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...When we were staying with friends in Lakewood, Colorado a few years ago, I woke up one morning to a beautiful snowfall. Woman Happy  Of course the next day it was practically gone, now that's the way I like snow.  Here today, gone tomorrow.  Heart

When it reaches the conditions that cause power failures, is where I draw the line. Cat Mad At this point in my life I do not want to deal with problems like that. Woman Wink

I know exactly what you meant when you said resting was enjoyable but you had to squeeze in some cleaning and organizing. Cat Frustrated That's me too.  Isn't interesting how even while resting or just reading a book that suddenly the eye spots something that we feel needs our attention?  I have been that way most of my adult life.Smiley Very Happy

I have no idea what a salted Caramel Cake is but it sounds interesting.  I haven't baked anything in years.  I remember an incident that occurred back in the 60's. Smiley Surprised I made a beautiful cake covered with cream and left it on the kitchen counter while I went to the store for a few items I needed. 

When I arrived home and went to side entrance into the kitchen, what I saw was alarming...that lovely cake was covered with ants, yes, completely covered. Woman Surprised We did have a problem with ants but this was beyond anything I had ever seen.  I was expecting some of the neighbors for a coffee but under the circumstances we had to do with the cookies I had in the pantry. Woman Frustrated

Well, my dear friend, at this point, as always, I wish you good health, love, happiness, good friends, and until the next time I patiently wait to hear from you. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma I love how we share a passion for cleaning! You know what they say; a little CLEANING a day, helps keeps the doctor away.😉

My funny-bone was tickled when I read your post.😂 I can actually relate to your ant story, but my unfortunate encounter with them occurred at the lake several years ago. As you can imagine, our meal was RUINED, but we made the best of it and had a great time.😊 The ants however, had quite a feast!

I really enjoy baking this time of year! A Salted Caramel Cake is REALLY delicious! The salted caramel sauce, rich buttercream, lightly toasted almonds, and broken toffee bits complement each other perfectly, and create an eye crossing, confectionary delight.🤪

I decided not to bake one yesterday; opting instead to make it Saturday afternoon. It is labor intensive because I make my own toffee and caramel sauce, but sooooo worth the effort. Because it is SO rich, one slice goes a long way.😁

As I was typing this post, I noticed the TSV Adjustable Ergonomic Laptop Stand, and ordered it in Rose Gold; my favorite color! I have been wanting something like this for some time, and decided now is the time to indulge myself.😁 The price made it an incredibly tempting offer!👍

Well, the Sand Man has been feverishly knocking on my door, so I should probably answer. If not, I will be securing my eyelids open with clothespins.😜 Please give my regards to Stacy, and a warm hug to Lindsay from Aunt Sandy!🤗 Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖