Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

[ Edited ]

Lindsayss Grandma Helloooooo dear friend! Pardon my poor memory; his name is Dj, and you are so right; there is NOTHING quite like being a grandmother.😁 I would love to be gifted the blessing of being a GREAT-grandmother some day, but that day is MANY moons away for me.😊 Speaking of being grandmothers; Lindsay is still heavy on my heart! How is she doing?

You have spoken of your ex-son-in-law on several occasions in the past; though the posts were less than favorable to say the least! I recall one incident that was especially troubling; so much so I feared for your safety, and was happy that the situation did not escalate.😐 Let us pray that one day his menacing presence will be a DISTANT memory!🙏

I would love to see Ms. Yuki! She sounds like a playful  bundle of love, although I am certain you might have a few contradictory adjectives to share.😊

The mosquitoes, and sand flies decided to make an all- you-can-eat-buffet out of ME, and dine rather well at my expense. I am forced to take Benadryl for the severe itching, and swelling of the MANY bites, and I will NOT miss that!😁 I head back to The States next week to weather in the  30's, and have never wanted to JUMP into a vat of snow so badly.😂 Take good care dear friend!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my dear friend, I am so sorry the bugs have found you to be so delightful to feed on.  My father would say when bugs got too annoying, " You're new in the neighborhood, they'll leave you alone once they get used to you."

As for Lindsay, now that the medication has finally kicked in, is back to being her old self again, thank God.  She has had many tests done and nothing has shown up to give a clue what caused the seizures.  Perhaps that is a good sign.  I will attempt again to pull her away from what she is so busy doing, to take pictures of Yuki and post them on the boards.

You'll miss Dj for a while after you leave, but once you're back in your routine in your own home and surroundings again, those feeling will not be so strong.  I think one of the things that make it so pleasurable being a grandmother, is that we can hand the young ones back to mommy, it is not a full time job.  Incidentally, how old is Dj?

As for my ex son-in-law, that's a nightmare which hopefully will soon be over.  And yes, he is a threat to my life.  For some time now he has gotten into his head that I did something terrible to him and he wants me dead.  Trust me, I did nothing, nor did I say anything to him for him  to behave this way.  It is all in his head and my daughter and I know he is mentally deranged.  She, on  numerous occasions told him to pack up and leave, which he doesn't do.  If you don't see him coming, you will hear him coming because he is always talking, what I call babbling, to no one.  Long story and certainly to be discussed privately.  We are working on it, per a restraining order.  When I had a meeting with two police officers I was hoping they would take him away, after all he was breaking laws and threatening me.  They suggested I file a restraining order.

I apologize for these long posts but there is so much to talk about which we can't do on a daily basis since you left the country.  I am, of course looking forward to your return.  Take care, stay healthy, stay safe, wear your mask.  Woman HappyHeart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  I LOVE that knowledge nugget"; You're new in the neighborhood, they'll leave you alone once they get used to you."  Your father was a wise man.😂

Yaaaaay! The report of good health for Lindsay, comforts my soul this morning!!😊👍 Perhaps it was just a response to some sort of anxiety, as originally suggested by the doctors.🤔 Teens are under such an IMMENSE amount of stress today, with all the adversity our nation has endured the past year. The angst of typical teenage years is challenging enough!

Yet again, you are CORRECT my friend! I will miss him terribly and am considering a semi permanent move; three month stretches four times per year, so that I can continue assisting my daughter while savoring every precious moment with him.  I'll ponder that idea once I have returned home after "decompressing".🤣

In relation to your ex-son-in-law, I have 🤐 to say, and think perhaps it is best. If you have nothing good to say...😁

No apology is needed regarding the length of your posts. I rather enjoy each of them; three hundred words, or three thousand.🥰 Goodness knows my fingers get happy; A LOT! If wordy posts were a criminal offense, I would be doing hard time, with a new moniker-Sandy Prison Pants.🤣 Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles   I read this again, which is not unusual for me, it sinks in better the second time around.  As for a semi permanent move, it certainly sounds feasible, however, and I'm sure you already are aware that it is an idea which will consume a great deal of time before you give it a yea or a  nay.

As for Lindsay, we have noticed the medication has caused a change.  The bubbly, smiling, ready with a remark that will cause us to laugh, is now more subdued.   What matters more than anything is that she never have a seizure again.  We realize that many medications have side effects, and for now this is what it is, we'll see how it all goes down the road.

Here it is, almost 2: A.M., where does the time go?  Well maybe if I started earlier in the day I can get finished at a decent hour...I just answered my own question.  So, dear friend, you will be back soon and in the meantime enjoy every minute until your departure.  Give Dj a big hug and a kiss from Lindsay's Grandma or Grandma Elizabeth.  Safe trip home, rest up, and back to the everyday routines.  Woman Very Happy Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...I am really worried about you dear friend, it is way past the time frame of your return back to the states.  Hopefully I am worried for nothing and will hear from you shortly.

Woman Happy

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  Awwww dear friend! I am online paying bills, and am SO glad I signed on this morning. Reading of your concern warms my heart, and makes my soul smile, but please do not worry; all is well-sort of.😊❤

Although I am happy to have been of great service to my  daughter while enjoying my grandson IMMENSELY, it was an emotionally, and physically challenging trip for me-goodness!!! 

After several days of rest, I remain mentally and physically exhausted! The heat was insufferable most of the time: although the beach provided some respite. I had several reactions that required medication, to the mosquitoes and other pesky, native bugs that decided "Cafe Sandy" was open 24 hours. They feasted on me DAILY!😞 I have NEVER had such dreadful reactions while visiting there before, but this is a completely different area of Costa Rica than I am accustomed to.

Jet lag is something I am seldom troubled with; though I was not so fortunate this trip. It really spanked my hiney, but It feels WONDERFUL to be back in The States. 😁

I appreciate your caring, and am looking forward to catching up! Lindsay's health scare has occupied my thoughts recently, so please give her a WARM hug from Aunt Sandy, and my regards to Stacy.🤗 I am looking forward to another positive status report.🤞 Take good care dear friend!❤😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles 

Okay, under the circumstances you mentioned, I will forgive your delay in getting in touch with me upon your arrival back in the states. Woman Wink

I am so sorry the bugs in Costa Rica found you so desirable that they caused enough discomfort to warrant medication.  And yes, I will admit I didn't take into consideration the possibility of jet lag and/or the need for rest after the ordeal of caring for a youngster plus the entire ordeal, from beginning to end.  For that I apologize. Woman Sad

I most certainly will give Lindsay a hug from her Aunt Sandy whom she keeps questioning me about whenever I mention your name.  It's really funny because from out of the blue she suddenly has an aunt she never heard of before.  I will also give Stacy your regards.

The main thing now is for you to take as long as you need to rest and feel up to getting back into the swing of life again at home. Oh, I must not forget to mention Yuki, who is a naughty puppy driving me insane.  I have been pleading with Stacy to get her trained because her bad behavior needs to be curtailed.

While you are resting and getting back in the swing of things I will patiently wait to hear from you again...and I am delighted you are back. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  HELLO my friend! Your words made me smile this morning.🥰 My heart is filled with gratitude from the warm welcome back!😊

Although it has only been a short while, it seems like ages since I have been able to resume my normal daily routine; thankfully I did! I had no idea I would miss it as much as I have. Normally after my travels, I am reacclimated within a few days. However, this trip proved to be the most challenging!😐

Moving forward, I realize the changes that are necessary to insure a more pleasant experience; though this was not intended to be a trip of leisure. I was however, able to find some ME time.😁

Visiting the beach, exploring new restaurants, spending most of my time with Dj, and making a new friend were the highlights. There were SEVERAL lowlights too, but faith brought me through; as always.😊🙏

I am hoping that all has been well with YOU, because I know how you struggle with very taxing back issues, insomnia and occasional family woes.😞 You are truly a source of inspiration, and I so admire your resiliency in the face of adversity!

I cannot help but smile when I think of the mischievous Miss Yuki, but agree that it sounds like obedience training is in order.😁 Because of Yuki's age, I hope Stacy finally understands the urgency; now is the perfect time.🤞

😂 Since you did not mention any further seizures, I am hoping Lindsay is doing ok; aside from the previously mentioned side effects brought on by her medication. I am sending a big ole' caring hug, and "hi" to her.🤗 Take great care dear friend.❤ 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Welcome back my friend. Woman Happy  I would venture to say that most of your travels didn't include taking care of a very young child.  More than likely that's why it has taken you so much longer to bounce back.

I am sad to say that Lindsay had 2 more seizures.  She is very nervous and frightened and will be seeing a different doctor.  She had complained that her eyes were bothering her and the last time she saw the doctor Stacy was told it wasn't necessary at that time to make an appointment with an eye doctor,  I told her she should have insisted.

I personally would like to vent my feelings to that doctor.Cat Mad  Unfortunately, she needs a referral to see a  doctor, Stacy cannot just make an appointment. 

Every test Lindsay had in the hospital was negative, nothing indicated the cause.  Whatever it is may very well be an underlying issue.

I appreciate your compliment regarding my resilience to adversity.  If I were to list every adversity I had to overcome in my lifetime, you would wonder why I am still alive.  I am a fighter and a survivor my dear Sandy, no matter how many times I am knocked down, I pick myself up and come back fighting.    

I refuse to cower while feeling sorry for myself and I wish more women, particularly those who are being abused by their husband as I was, would find the strength to do the same.

You are 100% correct regarding the need for Yuki to start obedient training because of her age.  I have been advising Stacy to have her trained while she is young, it will be more difficult to train her when she is older.  However, at this time she is more involved with and worried about Lindsay so, I understand her hesitation.

As for me, well, what can I say?  The leg pain is excruciating which interferes with the ability to fall asleep so I take a pain pill and read until exhaustion sets in.  Now if I could sleep straight for at least seven hours that would be great.  I wake up at least every two hours and it again, takes more time to go back to sleep.  I guess the only time I will be able to sleep undisturbed is when I am dead. Smiley Wink

This mail is growing by leaps and bounds, time to say I am so happy you are back, hope you are completely rested, and look forward to hearing from you.  Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  😮 Bless Lindsay's heart!!!! This distressing news weighs heavy on my heart as I type this post, and struggle to find the right words.😞

As a mother and a grandmother, I deeply empathize about the anguish, and perplexity you and Stacy are undoubtedly experiencing. Because of your tenacious spirit, Stacy is BLESSED🙏 to have you there for emotional support, as I recall  you having written of her instability in the past.

You and I are indeed "soul sisters". 😊 We have shared similar stories of emerging triumphant over physical, and emotional abuse from our pasts! My heart welcomed you as a friend because of that🥰, and is how I KNOW you can handle anything; including your constant battle with enduring great physical pain. Thankfully, your pain medication offers some relief!👍

I will continue to pray that God surround you, Lindsay and Stacy with his LOVING arms of comfort, healing, and protection.🙏😊

I look forward to your next update, with hopes of encouraging news.🤞Take great care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖