Esteemed Contributor

Re: FINALYY Re: AT SANDYSPARKLES

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...I apologize for taking so long to get back to you...things have been somewhat hectic lately.

The news I received today has left me very disappointed and sad where Lindsay is concerned.  I had such high hopes but they were dashed by her neurologist.  She has been diagnosed with Epilepsy and until her new medication kicks in she is not to be left alone.

I don't know how this disease works because it did not invade her body until adulthood.   As I previously mentioned the "IT's" two sisters had Epilepsy and the gene evidently is carried.  Of course I am grateful there is medication to help her deal with it.

If you recall, I mentioned that the doctor gave Lindsay that video device and while she was at her computer she had a seizure and it was recorded.  When the doctor saw it he called Stacy and said it was urgent that Lindsay be brought into his office immediately and when they got there he broke the news to them.

In the meantime my thoughts are with your DSIL.  I am so sorry she is in pain.  I am sure I enlightened you about three of my friends who had breast cancer, one in particular was my very close and dear friend for over 30 years so,  I am aware of all the treatments she endured while fighting that horrible disease.  I will continue to pray for your DSIL.

In the meantime, my Cellulitis hasn't gone away completely so I am uncomfortable and concerned.  It appears to be a slow healing process.  But that's life,  so we have to take the good with the bad, no matter how much we dislike the bad.  So my dear friend, keep in mind that my thoughts are always with you as well and I ask the Lord to watch over you too.  As always I am looking forward to hearing from you and until I do, take care and stay safe. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma  There is no need for apologies dear friend.😊 I too, have been otherwise occupied with a hectic schedule lately.

😮Bless her dear Lindsay's heart! Although the news of her diagnosis comes as a bit of a shock, I am happy to learn that AT LAST she has a confirmed diagnosis, and treatment plan!👍 She will need a great deal of support as she transitions into this new normal for her, and I KNOW with you there, she will most assuredly receive it!!!😁 

Unfortunately, my DSIL's cancer continues to spread, and it is breaking my heart!!! Not a day goes by without my eyes welling with tears of sorrow. It is sometimes difficult to mask them.😔 I am doing everything I can within my power to support her, but I feel that my efforts are inadequate; though she says quite the opposite, and thanks me everyday; throughout the day. I am somewhat comforted by her words, but wish I could do more as I continue to grapple with the enormity of it all.😐

You asked that I share my results once known. Without going into much detail, I am blessed to say my procedure went well!🙏😊 A tumor was found and removed. Thankfully, it was non cancerous!!!! Tears of joy flowed like a river upon learning the good news!!! 

I want to thank you from the TOP, and BOTTOM of my heart for your caring, and prayers dear friend. ❤❤  You have NO idea how much my soul smiled each time I read that you held my DSIL and I in your prayers! She shares that gratitude, and asks that I express it.🥰

Your positive attitude regarding your cellulitis IS the best medicine!!! I know you are doing EVERYTHING within your power to hasten the healing process.👍 I will continue to pray for God to surround you, and dear Lindsay with his loving arms of healing and comfort.🙏 Take great care!❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...Your kind words never fail to fill me with gratitude.  To have a friend who truly cares means more to me than I can put into words, and I thank you for that.

Lindsay's diagnosis was a shock, to be sure, however, knowing what has been causing the horrible seizures and now being able to control them certainly is a relief.

Sandy, I feel very deeply for your DSIL and what she has to endure.  I watched my dearest friend go through the same thing for many years.  The chemo treatments, the hopes, ups and downs, all of it.  She finally reached a point where there were only 3 marks on the last ex-ray which was fantastic.  It appeared there was a possibility she had beat it.

Sharon lived in Las Vegas and when her son and daughter-in-law who lived in CA had twins, she got on a plane to meet her two beautiful grandsons.  She stayed for several days and left to keep an appointment with a new research doctor.  He had a new chemo and she was excited to try it, however, he explained it could kill her and she was going to call her family for advice.  She then told him they would just tell her she has to  make her own decision, so she decided not to call them.

It was a Tuesday when she got the new chemo.  Tuesday night she called me complaining she couldn't sleep.  Wednesday and Thursday nights the same thing, she just couldn't fall asleep.  Her sister drove her to the hospital Friday morning, and that night she passed away,  Her body completely broke down.  Sharon did not pass away from breast cancer, she passed away because of a new chemo the doctor knew was dangerous and put into her body anyway. 

With all the new treatments they have today there is a chance that your DSIL can beat the cancer and I will continue to pray for her everyday.  I don't know her, never met her, but because three friends of mine had the same disease I feel close to her.  It is hard to explain, it just is what it is.

And as for your tests, I am delighted to know that you have received an all clear.  HOORAY!!!

Because this post is longer than I had anticipated it would,  I am going to close leaving you with this...we finally had to call the police two nights ago because the "it" verbally and almost physically assaulted me.  He spit at me, stained my blouse and the officer took pictures of it.  I will fill you in on another post shortly.  As always, take care, stay safe.Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 😲😲 I was not certain of how I wanted to initiate this post, but feel compelled to first address your obvious security threat; courtesy of "It"!!!!! My heart sank when I read about his escalating intimidation! I know how terrifying that must have been for you.😔 Let us hope and pray that THIS time Stacy will understand the urgency of doing what is necessary to liberate herself, Lindsay and YOU!!! I am relieved to know you were not injured.🤞🙏

You have spoken of your dear friend Sharon with such reverence and love on several occasions. Through your words, It is evident just how much she meant to you. Friendships like that are indeed a coveted treasure.😊

My DSIL's cancer is terminal.😢 Her treatments are hopefully to slow the progression, but it continues to spread.😔 We steadfastly believe in the POWER of PRAYER, and realistically know that is is now in the hands of  divine intervention. Thank you for your continued prayers and concern.❤

Please know you remain in my prayers. I am quite concerned for you, and will check often for your next update! Give dear Lindsay and Stacy my warmest regards. Take SPECIAL care today dear friend!!!🤗❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...I can't begin to tell you how my heart aches knowing your DSIL's cancer is terminal.  I was so hoping she would be able to fight this and it is beyond my capability to voice exactly how I feel, knowing it is not meant to be.  Making her comfortable and helping to keep up her spirits are the two most important things one can do under the circumstances.  You no doubt are being there for her in every way possible, and I'm sure you are also comforting your brother as well.  I will continue to pray for all of you under the circumstances.

As for my dear friend Sharon, we were friends for over 30 years, we had each others back.  She had a laugh that was contagious and we rarely missed a day speaking on the phone after I moved from CA to AZ, so yes, it was a huge loss when she passed.

As for "it", the evening before we had the police at the house, Stacy was at work and he threatened me, held his fist so close to my face that I backed away and had to grab onto a chair to prevent myself from falling.  Yes, it is time for Stacy to see the light.  She did tell him he has to leave and he said he will pack up his things each day until he has everything.  So far he hasn't packed anything and I doubt that he will!

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are being sent to all of you.  I also pray to the Lord to give you the fortitude needed under such dire circumstances.

Until the next time...be safe and stay well.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma Hmmm...I am sooooo relieved to read that you are OK!!! I had much to say after reading of "It's" reluctance to leave, and because what I had to say would not have been the kindest statement in the world, I shall refrain and not give "it" energy; pun intended.😁

The past few days have been slow for me, so of course I am visiting the boards.😊 I must admit, I have not enjoyed them as much as is normal for me; though they are a distraction while online window shopping.😁 In fact, I am in search of a small, two-toned floral rug in shades of pink for my bedroom. Amazon has a few that look promising, so I am trying to narrow down my options.🤔

Well dear friend, I have no other interesting "news" to report, so I think I will scan a board or two.😊 I will check for your next update with hopes of good news! Take great care.🤞🤗❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

[ Edited ]

While shopping, have you found anything interesting to buy?  Several months ago I went on a shopping frenzy and bought 5 pairs of shoes along with several articles of clothing.  The thing I don't like about shopping online for clothes is when an item doesn't fit, returning them sometimes can be a hassle.   However, being women, we endure those problems even though it can be more troublesome than pleasure.

The "it" more than usual, is creating a great deal of unpleasantness in our home.  He has also verbally attacked Stacy on many occasions and since the police don't really do anything except write down what we tell them, it's time to file a restraining order.

Back in California while working for Warner Bros he came to my office unannounced, demanding money.  I had my security people call the police and one thing I can say is that the Burbank police don't fool around.  They put the cuffs on him and took him away.  At that time I filed a restraining order against him so I know how tedious it is to write one, but it has to be done to get him out of our lives.

Lindsay is doing well since she started taking the medication prescribed for her.  I'm beginning to see the old Lindsay coming back and it makes my heart sing.

As always I am sending warm wishes and prayers for the higher power to comfort you and yours.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have purchased several items that in retrospect, were impulse buys. That is how I sometimes handle stress, but know it is not the BEST way.😊I concur with your dislike of shopping for clothes online. I have several One World dresses boxed, and ready to return to ShopHQ. The colors are so drab. I love the brand because its clothes pack well for travel. I am also returning a beautiful watch that arrived with a broken dial😐. I have a pretty blouse by Colleen Lopez from HSN that I waited too late to try on.  I DO NOT like the fit, so off it goes into the donation box!

It is SO comforting to read that dear Lindsay is responding well to treatment!!👍😊 Please give her a big hug from me, and tell her how happy I am for her. She has endured so much. It is nice to know that  her sun is shining brighter.🌞

As always, I THANK you for your continued prayers and support dear friend!! Your kind words leave a melody in my soul whenever I read them.😊 My DSIL has been in the hospital since Saturday evening, but hopefully will be discharged tomorrow.🤞 Without going into detail, I can share that she is responding well to treatment of her current ailment. It has however, been quite tense here for the past few days.😐

I continue to pray for YOUR health and well-being, and hope that your cellulitis is improving.🙏🙏🤞 I eagerly await your next update, and until then, take GREAT care!

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...You mentioned a watch you purchased that arrived with a broken dial, if you truly love it perhaps you should ask them to send you another one that isn't broken.  I purchased 2 watches from ShopHQ years ago when it had a different name. One is a Croton and the ONISS is my favorite.  When I ordered the ONISS which is a large ceramic watch it was on sale.  Because it was my birthday I got a discount on top of the sale price so it came down to  $109 which made me very happy.  The ecclissi was from QVC and because it is more dressy I only wear that one on special occasions.

Since we had the police here, the "it" has been relatively quiet, I guess that's what it took for him to get the message.  Don't get me wrong, he is still a monster and his day is coming.

My Cellulitis has not gone away after two scripts of the stronger antibiotics.  It is very uncomfortable and painful so I guess it is either I have to go to an ER or back to urgent care.  It started July 20 and it is now the 3rd of September and I just want it go away so I don't have to worry day and night.

I am very happy to hear that your DSIL is responding well to treatment.  It certainly will make her life more comfortable and bearable.  My thoughts and prayers are with her on a daily basis.  

As for Lindsay, I told her the hug I gave her was from my friend, her Aunt Sandy.  Whenever I say that she always gets the quizzical look on her face which makes me laugh.  She is doing well on the medication and I am very thankful she doesn't have any more seizures.  What is so interesting is that for the most part of her life there was no indication whatsoever that she had any kind of health issue.  I was told that it does, and can appear in adulthood, which is exactly what happened.  

Well my dear friend, I hope you don't have any more issues with shopping online.  We both know what a drag it is to have to return items or keep what we don't even want.  Take care, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.  By the way, we still aren't sure where we are moving to.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I signed on with hopes of seeing an update from you, and was happy to see it.😊 MUCH has happened this past week. My DSIL was home for two days doing well, but was rushed back to the hospital Wed morning, and has been there since.😢 My dear brother is the only person allowed to visit due to COVID restrictions, but he keeps me well informed. FaceTime is also helpful. I am struggling internally, but keeping a strong presence as I support my brother, family, and her family. Actually, the support is reciprocal. She will be there for an indeterminate amount of time for isolation, and treatment. Her chemo seriously depleted her immune system, and has to be suspended; temporarily.🙏🙏🙏😢, so I flew into Washington this morning for a Labor Day respite; with plans of returning to Colorado Wednesday. As turbulent as my life is currently, the flight was the SMOOTHEST I have EVER had from DIA; perhaps it is a sign of good things to come. 🤞🤞 It was an EARLY morning flight, and I slept throughout most of it; waking only when we began our descent into Seattle.  I am MENTALLY, and physically EXHAUSTED, so please forgive the incompleteness of my post! I promise to  respond to your update soon, and PRAY that all is well with you, dear Lindsay and Stacy! Until then, give them my warmest regards and take GREAT CARE today dear friend!❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖