Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

@SandySparkles ...I am so jealous that you can get on a plane to "get away from it all."  I would be so happy to be able to do that just to get away from "it" and my daughter who is so wrapped up in herself.  My sister and I have not been close for the better part of our lives and yet I am considering contacting her with the suggestion we live together.  She was planning on selling her house and moving into a condo which is fine with me. She is used to having her own life so I don't know what her reaction will be but I'll find out.

As for your DSIL, I am so very sorry she is back in the hospital.  Yes, I can very well picture what the chemo has done to  her body.  What has happened to her is similar to what happened to my dear friend, not everyone can tolerate the amount of chemo they put into their bodies.  I pray she will feel better very soon and able to return home where she will be more comfortable. 

I hope the trip you decided to take helps you to unwind and give you the strength you will need upon your return home.  Sometimes getting "away from it all" works wonders and gives new energy to deal with what lies ahead.  I look forward to hearing from you upon your return home and know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I wish you could see the my beam of my smile as I read this update.😁

It was a short visit, but I DESPERATELY needed the temporary distraction. I was however able to assist with indoor fall decorating, so that elevated my mood; it ALWAYS does.😊 My energy level has yet to improve, but my optimism remains high. I suspect I will be taking such trips frequently in the coming months; whenever a recharge is needed.😊 In the words of the esteemed philosopher Elmer J. Fudd, "I need some west and wewaxation".😁

I was SO excited to read about your desire to live with your sister, and LOOOOOVE the idea; it made me smile.😊  Although you have not been particularly close, I can think of NO BETTER time to rectify that than now.👍.

I hope all is well with YOU dear fiend, and will pray for you to be successful in your quest to finally leave your "intense" living situation!🙏🙏 As always, I DEARLY thank you for your continued prayers. Please give my warmest regards to dear Lindsay, and Stacy. I eagerly await your next update. Take great care my dear forum friend.❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   How lucky for you to have been able to hop on a plane and get away for a few days.  It does a person good to do that every now and then and great for you that you will be doing it periodically.  So what is this indoor decorating you assisted in doing?  Is that the reason you will be flying back every now and then?

As for my sister, I'm not getting my hopes up, she is a very private person so I'm not sure she will relish the company.  I have to keep in mind that she has lived alone for a long time since her second husband passed away and may very well like it that way.

Now that Stacy has decided that North Carolina has been chosen as the place to move to, I could very well end up living there.  At least if I don't live with  my sister I'll be moving to N. Carolina which has been my choice all along, so that's good news.

I almost forgot....When Lindsay heard I was considering living with my sister she became upset.  She told me she loves having her grandma living with her and she has had me all her life and doesn't me to go.  How is that for the love of a grandchild?  She really caught me by surprise by that statement.

As for the "it", he has been very quiet since the police were here.  It's amazing how the fear of the law can cause someone to behave.  He knows what will happen if he ends up in jail.  He is on drugs and if arrested he will go through a horrible withdrawal and he knows it.  Good, I hope he keeps that in the back of his head.

I am still fighting the Cellulitis, it sure is one nasty disease to get rid of.  I pray once it heals 100% that it never comes back, which they claim it does.

Well, my dear friend, it is getting late and I need to get my legs up so it's off to bed for me.  As always, take care, and I look forward to hearing from you. Heart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma This timely update hugged my soul!🤗 I cannot tell you how refreshing it is to read that things are FINALLY looking up for you! How wonderful it is that rays of bright sunshine have parted the "dark clouds"  of which you have been plagued for SO long!!! I eagerly await the day when I sign on and read that you have taken up residency in the beautiful state of NORTH CAROLINA!!!🌞😎

Dear Lindsay is a special young lady!😊 Her love for you clearly shines through.😄 I recall when she had a few choice words for "It" some time ago while he was intimidating you. That took MOXY!!! She is indeed a rare treasure to be proud of.👍

My family in Washington and I decorate for EVERY season of the year! Though I no longer live there, my decorating spirit remains.😁 While I was there visiting, we BEGAN early indoor fall decorating that included a few Halloween items, because my soul was craving a little joy; as you can likely imagine. MANY of the items were purchased here at The Q through the years. I wish I could have stayed long enough to assist with the outdoor decorating, and cannot wait to see their finished product!😊 

I have posted pictures on holiday threads previously, and may do so this year. In fact, I have some from previous years in my Forum photo album that I will post with my next update, as well as a few new ones.😁 Some of the treasured nostalgic place mats were destroyed by mold. I was however, able to rehabilitate the adorable scarecrow that flanks the fireplace, with a sanitizing scrub.😂 We have yet to ascertain how moisture found its way into that particular storage bin.🤔

I was so HOPING that your cellulitis was almost healed.😐 Please know you will remain in my prayers until it is!!🙏🥰

Well dear friend, I am off to quickly visit a thread or two. As is always the case, I look forward to your next update with hopes of it being as encouraging as this one; or even better!😁

Take GREAT care.🤗❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I am online window shopping and thought of your update from yesterday. 😊 As promised, here are a few old pics of our fall decor. The placemats in two of the pics are those that we discovered were RUINED. This first pic is from this year. Fall 8.jpg

Valerie Harvest Cupcakes.jpgHarvest dish 2.jpgHarvest bowls.jpgAngels 3.jpgHarvest table.jpgAutumn candles 1.jpgAutumn 2019.jpgFall 7.jpgFall 6.jpgFall 5.jpg

As you can see, we LOVE Valerie, Temptations; especially the dish towels and always use them; Hay & Harvest, etc... The scarecrow is the one I referenced in my previous post.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles...I didn't know you still have relatives living in Washington, now I understand why you hop on a plane and go there. 

I have been going up and down and back and forth  for the last fifteen minutes enjoying these beautiful decorations.  I can cartainly see how Valerie and Hay and Harvest are favorites.  I love that little scarecrow hanging off the fireplace!

Harvest Table.jpg, Autumn 2019.jpg, Fall 5.jpg, and the Harvest Bowl and Harvest Dish are all favorites.  Thank you so much for taking the time to put them all together and sending them to me. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma I am SO delighted you enjoyed the pics!!! It hugged my heart to learn they brought joy to you.❤ I literally have hundreds.🥰 The pie dish is one of two used exclusively by one of my daughters, for baking her "award winning"  apple pie. I am a GOOD baker, but she is a GREAT baker, and her apple pie far outshines any I have EVER eaten. Anyone with the good fortune of having "devoured" a scrumptious slice of her pastry perfections, agrees!😁

These are pics of her pies! The red cherry patterned pie dish is also by Temptations. The pretty pie dish with lid on the back burner is one I found at an indoor flea market MANY sunsets ago, and is used for decorative purposes only. She uses a combination of Granny Smith and Honey Crisp apples; YUUummmm! 😋 

Apple pie 2.jpgApple pie 1.jpgHarvest apple pie.jpgHarvest apple pie 2.jpg

My daughters in Washington and I have ALWAYS enjoyed decorating through the seasons, and have many treasured memories of their enthusiasm as we would shop for decor, and then bring our vision to life.😊 My daughter in Costa Rica can take it or leave it now; emphasis placed on LEAVE IT😂; though she LOVES pics and video of our decorating, and enjoyed participating when she visited the States a few years ago. It would take something greater than a mundane 3 hour plane ride to prevent me from continuing that nostalgic tradition.😉  My son shares that passion as well, but he, my granddaughter, and his wife now only decorate for the Christmas season. If I had my way...😁

I am tentatively planning a trip to California in early November to visit them, and share in the delight of my granddaughter "assisting" with tree decorating; depending on the status of my DSIL's health, and a few other concerns.🙏

Well dear friend, I hope that your sun CONTINUES to shine brightly today, and look forward to your next update.🤞 Please give dear Lindsay and Stacy my warmest regards, and an EXTRA frisky pat on the head for Ms. Yuki. Take GREAT care.🤗❤

I just had to share this pic of an adorable scarecrow I purchased at a street fair in Littleton Colorado last year. Enjoy!Colorado Scarecrow.jpg

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles ...Oh, I just love that scarecrow you added at the bottom of the page.  I would love to be able to reach in and wrap my fingers around it while bringing it home.Woman Very Happy

You mentioned daughters (plural) in Washington, another daughter in Costa Rico, (singular) and a son in California.  Did I get that right?  If so, how many daughters in Washington?  Isn't it amazing how some people when they cook or bake are so much better than so many others. 

My dear mother was a fantastic cook and baker.  Her cheese cakes were out if this world and I had her recipe in my green recipe box along with all of my favorites, when one day when we were getting ready to move, Stacy thinking she was helping me threw out that favored box.  I couldn't believe it and it bothered me for a very long time. Woman Sad

I learned something new about my so called cellulitis.  Having gone back to the Urgent Care a second time four days ago, he again told me to see a vein doctor.  After thinking about it I looked up "problems with veins" on the Internet and discovered exactly what my problem is.  It is called "Bilateral pedal edema secondary."  It is when the blood is not flowing properly which causes every symptom I have.  I will call my insurance company and ask for several names of Vein Doctors in my area.  At least he had another ultra sound done to be sure there were no blood clots.

I most certainly will give Lindsay and Stacy your warmest reagards, and as for Ms. Yuki, I would like to give her more than just a pat on her head.  She is so bad...we cannot leave a dish with food on it anywhere near the edge of a counter because she will grab it.  One would think she is starving the way she is constantly looking for food.  Nothing is safe with her

around. Woman Frustrated

Whenever I go into the kitchen to make a tuna fish sandwich I have an audience.  Dewey the cat and Yuki the dog.  Both are standing there just waiting for me to share some of it with them.  The can and the dish of course must be placed on the floor for them to lick out every last morsel. Woman Tongue

So, on that note, I will say goodnight, actually it is almost A.M. as opposed to P.M.  Time for me to catch some shut eye.  All my best to you and yours and please give your dear DSIL my best wishes, and tell I think about her often.  I so look forward to your next update. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma I was hoping the scarecrow on the bike would make you smile.😁 He elicits a smile from me at least several times per day, and is my favorite treasure from that street fair.😊

You are correct! I have 2 daughters in Washington, and a son in California. Because he is my only son, he was S-P-O-I-L-E-D rotten as his sisters fervently like to point out, but he has ALWAYS been a good son; truly a blessing.🥰 You already know of my daughter in Costa Rica. She is wanting me to plan yet another visit, but I am NOT physically up to a THIRD international trip this year. If my credit card could talk, it would agree.😁 I am however, still planning a trip to California.🤞

Awwww. I can only imagine how inadvertently throwing away such a cherished family heirloom likely still pains Stacy. I would LOVE to have tasted your mother's cheesecake because I LOVE strawberry swirl cheesecake.😋

I am SO sorry you are still having problems with cellulitis, but it is reassuring to know you do NOT have blood clots.🙏❤

I can only smile when I think of the mischievous Ms. Yuki, especially when I recall her burger swiping caper.😂 That stays with me; just too funny.😁

You are such a kind soul dear friend.😊 Your concern for my DSIL tugs at my heart strings, and I THANK YOU for it!❤ She is in the hospital this evening, but I will relay your well wishes as soon as I can. She is always so touched by them.😊

As always, give my warmest regards to dear Lindsay and Stacy. Until I read your next update, take GREAT care dear friend!🤗❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...Where do I start?   Okay, I'll begin with the moving...we decided it is too late in the year to move to North Carolina.  To avoid having to sign a new lease in our current apartment we would have to move no later than December.  My friend in NC responded and said the cost of living has also gone UP due to so many people moving into the state.  It is pretty much that way all over the country.  Anyway, it's no big deal if we stay here for one more year, just in a different apartment building.  

One of the problems I encountered with Stacy is her constant change of where to live.  Once we agreed on one, she would keep looking and come up with a different state.  Time goes by very quickly and changing your mind every day gets you no where.  So that's where we are.

Did I mention that I don't have cellulitis?  After two visits and seeing the same doctor at Dignity Urgent Care, I kept wondering why he told me to see a vein doctor.  Looking at the paperwork they gave me this last visit it clearly states the problem as...Bilateral

Pedal Edema Secondary.  What happens is that the blood doesn't flow properly through the veins, therefore it causes the swelling of the ankles and redness of the legs   I couldn't believe how many vein doctors there are in Mesa alone.  So, that is my next step, choosing one and making an appointment before the problem gets worse.

By the way, I too love strawberry swirl cheesecake! Woman LOL

Where in CA does your son live?  At least when you

visit him it is a short flight from CO to CA.  

You mentioned your DSIL was in the hospital in your

last update, which is not the first time you said she

was in the hospital.  Is she getting chemo treatments or are there other issues?  My friend Sharon went at least three times a week in the early stages.  Because she had a personality that didn't quit, she entertained

the other patients and nurses as well!! Woman LOL

Speaking of CA, people are leaving it in droves, everything is way too expensive.  This has caused prices to increase in AZ and CO. 

Well my dear friend, it is time for me leave the comfort of my chair and walk, walk, walk.  This is one of the things I was told to do...never sit for long periods without getting up and walking, it helps  keep the swelling down. 

Take care of yourself, don't overdo, and don't give into temptation while watching the home shopping networks.   I have saved a lot of money by not watching them since the year 2011. Woman Very Happy

Yuki is a chow hound, the minute we are in the kitchen, so is she.  When I'm at the computer eating a few snacks she is righ there looking at me with those sorrowful eyes as if to say..."feed me I'm hungry." Woman Frustrated ...Later...