Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

@Lindsays Grandma This is for dear Lindsay:

Festive Balloons – Happy 18th Birthday Card _ Birthday & Greeting Cards by Davia.pngHappy birthday cake 5.jpg

Today is quite a special day for you! From this day forward, life takes on new meaning as you navigate the ADULT roller coaster we all must ride; full of challenges, joy, and wonderment! ENJOY your SPECIAL day, and EMBRACE this new chapter.✨✨✨✨🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles   It has been a very busy day and I am just getting around to reading the posts.  Lindsay of course was thrilled and delighted with your very lovely and thoughtful Birthday wishes and the cake, OH MY, absolutely beautiful, wish it was real.Woman LOL

Lindsay of course asked me to thank you so very much for your kindness and she told me I am so lucky to have a friend like you, you are a very nice lady.  She said it, I didn't...just kidding.  She is right though, you are a very nice lady, a super nice lady. Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   You can imagine how disappointed I am..  I know you were looking forward to it as well, but it wasn't meant to be.  This copyright thing is a bit complicated, however, after investigating it thoroughly I don't see any problems in what I do when posting jokes and Inspirational Quotes.

Desert Di also looked into it as well, and agrees but we don't make the rules.  So I guess we will continue without the enjoyment we were looking forward to.  It would have been extremely good for the rest of the posters here as well. 

I have to tell you, when I opened your post and saw what you did for Lindsay I was so surprised and excited.  I couldn't believe what I was seeing.  You are the most thoughtful and kind person I have ever known my friend, and I am so lucky to know you and have you as a friend.  When Stacy saw the post she too was taken by your thoughtfulness and thanks you for that as well.

I have gotten the feeling you have a large family, am I right about that?   If so, you are lucky, you certainly can't get bored the way I do.  I would rather be busy than bored, believe me.  I love to read so that keeps me occupied for an amount of time during the day.  Nights are filled with the computer and movies so I do  manage to keep as busy as possible.  

So my dear friend, again thank you so very much from Me, Lindsay and Stacy.  Take care, be happy and well, until the next time.  Woman Very Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma After reading your heartwarming post, my spirit is blissfully floating in the clouds.❤ I am humbled by your kind words, and thrilled that Lindsay and Stacy appreciated my virtual "gift".🥰

It was disheartening to learn that once again our hopes for a return of "Inspirational Quotes" were dashed, but I suppose it is a complex issue.😔 I was REALLY looking forward to it, and know how much you LOVED spreading joy on the forums! The POSITIVITY was so appreciated. Would you consider starting a unique thread; one in which posters can share a hodgepodge of positive ideas, stories, recipes, etc; hopefully without copyright issues. I still do not understand that🤷‍♀️, but In the meantime I am going to continue hoping for a favorable outcome, and KNOW you can do it, if you so choose!😊

I have an average size family, and enjoy providing loving support to my CLOSE family members. Some family members are...well... less than close.🤪

I am currently assisting my DB and DSIL with a HUGE project, and am learning a great deal about real estate management, purchasing and selling. It is fascinating, but exhausting!😁

I can relate to your joy of reading! I was an avid reader many sunsets ago, and enjoyed writing short stories about my life. It was an escape from ever present adversity. Life happened, and my interest waned, but occasionally I find joy in reading a good book; in fact, I am currently reading the "Bridgerton" series of novels by Julia Quinn.  Had I not seen the Netflix series upon which it was loosely based, and fallen in LOVE with the handsome main character Simon Basset, it would not have been a blip on my radar.😊

Unfortunately for me, today is laundry day so I am off to tackle yet another dreadful load! Washing and folding clothes is the bane of my existence, but I enjoy CLEANING until I am sometimes physically exhausted. I actually search for cleaning projects. Our meticulously clean house appreciates my continual search for all things "dirty". Just call me "Sandy Dustbuster"😄

As always, I look forward to your next update! Please give everyone my warmest regards, and a special "arf...arf" to Ms. Yuki. Take good care dear friend.❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I signed on hoping for an update from you, and ATTEMPTED to shorten my previous post since it  resembled a THESIS; I failed!😁 I could only chuckle when I saw the edit, because I was still a "chatty patty".😂

Your absence is felt, and I am so hoping that all is well with you.🤞 As always, I look forward to your next update! Take good care dear friend.❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC challenging moderation

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   I submitted a reply yesterday but it was removed due to comments about copyrights.Smiley Mad

I had to laugh when I read how you clean until sometimes you are exhausted.  So you actually take the time to look for dirt so you can clean!! Woman Surprised  My friend, stop looking for dirt and start looking for something fun to do instead!  I love a clean house too but there is a limit.:smithy:

I have a suggestion after reading the paragraph where you suggested different topics for me to start a new Thread. Woman Surprised Why don't YOU pick a subject and start a Thread?Woman LOL  GOTCHA!!!!

I do, however, love the name, "Sandy Dustbuster."

Per your suggestion to choose a different topic, 

I don't have the desire to do that, sad to say, for two reasons.  One being that no matter what is chosen, if comments are necessary, and from what I see here, posters will start arguments.Cat Mad  One won't like or agree with what someone else said, and it goes from there.  Posting Inspirational Quotes and jokes is far safer and besides, people will feel good, that's my intention.

Real Estate, yes, it is fascinating but exhausting.  Many years ago I had friends in the business and I started to get involved.  After months of listening and putting time into it I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do. 

Now Real Estate Management is a whole different story.  If you are referring to managing existing properties such as high rise buildings or office buildings, that was my cup of tea.  I didn't own commercial properties but I did manage them.  For instance, there was a thirteen story hi rise in the San Fernando Valley I managed.  They were going through major reconstruction and keeping the tenants happy while the contractor's were demolishing certain areas and rebuilding was no easy task.  The owners of the building depended on me to not only keep the tenants happy, but to see to it the contractor's didn't disturb them too much.  Imagine that if you will.   There was a real estate company involved and they were the ones who first interviewed and approved me for the position, but the owner of the building after meeting me made the final decision to hire me. 

After three years I answered an ad for a  Building Manager with Warner Bros in Burbank and since they were looking for someone for 9 months, when they saw my qualifications, hired me on the spot at my interview.  Fifteen years later I retired but loved that job and missed not working for a long time.  I would not have retired when I did if it weren't for my back problems.  The first surgery I had did not help but made it worse and I knew I couldn't continue working.

My original thread was too long and it wouldn't post the way it was written.  As a result I am going to send my reply in several parts.  I have redone it three times now, and some parts are missing.  I am ending this now and will continue the rest later.  

Watch for them dear friend and I'm hoping I can remember everything I wrote.  Later...Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma It is so nice to see your update! I was curious about what might have happened, so thank you for the explanation!😊

I had such a good belly laugh regarding your response referencing my JOY of cleaning!🤣🤣 Fun FOLLOWS cleaning for me; when the dirt's away, Sandy will play.😁 My thoughts are unsettled until everything is as it should be.😄 Your suggestion however, is heartfelt.🥰

Your second suggestion made me smile; a great big ole' Donny and Marie Osmond stunner!😁 I could NEEEEVERRRRR start, and then MONITOR an ongoing thread; as enticing as it may sound; though I respect the resolve of those who do.😉 I have started several threads in the past few years, but they were not ongoing. I believe my first was to simply alert posters about sketchy, glowing reviews of a particular well-known product. It was prior to the acceptable practice of reviews being used from other sites; at least there was no disclaimer. They were ALL 5 stars, and all were written by first time reviewers. I thought it was quite odd. As you might expect, there was a negative response to it, but most were positive.😊

I do not, nor will I ever debate negative, or aggressive comments. If I desire negativity, I need only turn on the evening news.😁  I have seen verbal volley turn into virtual gunfights in some threads, and I do not wish to be a saloon owner!😂 Life is not all gum drops and lollipops, but it need not be all thorns and thistle.😁 I am content with just contributing to interesting threads monitored by others; such as yours.😄 I thought YOU did a GRRRREAT job, but understand your reasoning for waving the white flag.😄

With that said, I am off to see new happenings in the neighborhood on Nextdoor. Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles   I read your post three times because it not only was entertaining, it was very well written.  You do have the knack of being a writer.  My dear friend of 9 years who passed away July 31st of last year was also an entertaining and well written writer and I sure miss him.

When I was typing my last response I delved into the  passing of my dearest friend whose birthdate was April 16th and would have turned 75.  She passed away due to breast cancer in 2011 and I, as well as her youngest son and daughter-in-law, along with a few other friends, to this day, write birthday greetings on her Facebook account.  Should the day come when my greeting isn't there will indicate that I have passed and joined her in the here after.  

Two other friends also left this earth because of breast cancer, one for 50 years who also passed in 2011 and the other for 15 years.  That left my sister and sadly we barely communicate.  Even as young children we weren't close, however, we were very close in age.  She was born on the 14th of June and  my birthdate was May 4th the following year.  We are considered to be twins because of the closeness of our birthdays.

I don't want this to be too long, so I will end it here.  Once I write what didn't make it through the last time, I will become current and take it from there.  Thank you my friend for your lovely post dated 04/19. and take good care until the next time.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma Awww dear friend, your touching compliment has my soul singing, and made me smile as I humbly accept it!🥰

There are times when I have much to say, and times when I have very little; such is reflected in my writing. Some days when I am low on energy, my script is short and sweet; contractions, abbreviations and all.😁 I sometimes find it difficult to emote in nondescript text, and enjoy corresponding with you, so perhaps that is the reason for my creativity here.😊 My wise grandmother would sometimes say, "normal is boring; life should be interesting"; or something to that effect; and for me it sometimes is.😁

I was initially saddened when reading of such tremendous loss in your life.😔 Let us hope, and pray that one day a cure is forthcoming for all forms cancer.🤞🙏 My grandmother too, fell victim to that insidious disease.😢

Like you, my younger sister and I were NEVER close. She went to heaven years ago, and it remains one of my BIGGEST regrets; though I have MANY. If only I knew the glory of life then as I do now.🤔

Enough sadness...

I cannot believe my fingers are granting my keyboard an early intermission, but you know I will be looking for your next update. Please give my warmest regards to everyone, and a special hug to Lindsay; the grown up.😉

Take good care my dear forum friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖