Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALLING OUT TO SANDY SPARKLES

@Lindsays Grandma I was QUITE concerned for you after reading your previous emotional post, but so relieved when I read today's update.😊

Reading about Yuki's burger swiping caper unleashed a serious case of the giggles!😂😂😂 I could not help but think of carton characters that swallow food in one fell swoop. Looney Tunes came to mind-whew!😜

As a mother, I empathize with your story about Stacy; it weighs heavy on my heart.❤ I can sense how deeply this has hurt you.😞 Our children do not always understand that because we LOVE and CHERISH them the so deeply, they have the ability to WOUND us just as deeply, and often do; unwittingly or perhaps wittingly.🤔 

Your relationship with Stacy is complex with MANY layers.😐 It seems that much of the turbulence in the relationship is influenced by her emotional immaturity, and low sense of self worth; courtesy of "It". His negative influence on her is an UNDENIABLE factor! Chronologically she is an adult, but  has a lot of growing yet to do. I have shared with you before that I think she NEEDS YOU MORE than she realizes. Because she was a child when you left that extremely detrimental environment, she simply does not fully grasp the magnitude of the SACRIFICES you selflessly made; though that does not condone her indifference. Hopefully, that will change one day.🙏

By all accounts, you have tried to be a great mother to her, and although she may never utter her gratitude, she likely feels it in her heart. I truly believe that.😊

Things are as good as can be expected under the heartbreaking circumstances.👍 My thoughts and prayers remain with the innocent victims, and their loved ones.🙏  I made a conscious decision to abstain from watching much news for now, because I was an emotional wreck. My eyes even welled with tears while typing this.😢 Back to happy thoughts...😊

You truly are a source of inspiration! Make today a self-care day, and do something SPECIAL for yourself; you DESERVE it!!!! I cannot wait to see your next update! In the meantime, take good care dear friend.❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles    It never fails, I open mail from my friend Sandy Sparkles and the sun shines even if it's raining.  And as for Yuki, she can swipe a burger off of a bun leaving it intact, it didn't even move,

how she can do that is beyond me.

Please accept my apology for not responding sooner. Stacy, Lindsay, and I, were very involved in making decisions about a number of issues only females can find interesting.  Hair, clothes, makeup, etc., three very different opinions.Woman Frustrated

I started this regardless of the hour so that you would know I have been thinking of you.  Because it is the ungodly hour of 2:00 A.M.,  I am going to continue this much later in the day at a time when my brain is functioning at full capacity.  So dear friend, again I apologize and I will be back to continue where I am leaving off.  In the meantime take care, and be good to yourself.

II

4/04/21

I started this on 4/03 but I see you haven't opened it yet so I will continue this at 9:49 PM on the 4th.  You certainly have correctly assessed the situation regarding Stacy's emotional immaturity and low sense of self worth to being caused by "It".  

A day doesn't go by without his verbal abuse, yelling and calling her stupid.  I have told her  many times not to respond when he attempts to have a conversation, he'll get tired of talking to himself and stop.  You can't have a two  way conversation with only one person talking, although he babbles all the time to himself.

She has come to me numerous times saying she is going to get rid of him but it never happens.  Her  excuse being she finally got him to contribute towards the rent.  We manged when he wasn't contributing and we will manage again.  Doctors have told Stacy that Lindsay needs to be in a calm atmosphere, well as long as "It" is here there will never be a calm atmosphere.

You mentioned you were going to abstain from watching much news since the atrocious act in your state.  If it isn't on TV, it's on the Internet, it is almost impossible not to see or hear about it.  My cell phone keeps beeping at me when news is breaking, someone was shot, there was a horrific accident on the freeway, etc, etc..  People are shooting and killing one another here in Arizona as though it were a sport.

As a child growing up we didn't have bad news screaming at us all day.  Life was a so much more peaceful back in the days of my youth.  So we didn't have the technology we have today, well it has been proven that we have way more than we need and it is indeed a detriment.

April 12th will be an exciting date for our family.  Our beautiful Lindsay will be eighteen years old on that date, my, where did the years go.  It was almost like yesterday when I stood next to the bed in the hospital watching her being born.  I was sitting on a chair holding her on my lap the day she was going home when a nurse walked by and said, "Piano fingers"  and sure enough she did take piano lessons while in her teens.  

Our winter is over all too soon, sadly in Arizona our winters are very short.  Believe it or not on Monday it is predicted it will be at 95 degrees and by Wednesday it will be 97 degrees.  And it isn't even summer yet.  So on that note my dear friend I will say good night and wish for you bright, happy days ahead.  Until the next time...Woman Very HappyHeart

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma  I could not help but smile when I read your update!😄 Makeup, hair and clothes are INDEED important decisions for us make; some might argue they are EXTREMELY important necessities😂

Bless Stacy's heart! Although "It" is not physically abusive to her, his emotional butchery is just as devastating to the soul: if not more so. It is sometimes difficult to "see" an obvious exit when it is shrouded with fear, self-doubt, and hopelessness.😐

I know that conundrum all to well! Through divine intervention, and self-actualization, I was liberated, and claimed a strong sense of self-worth.🙏 Fortunately for her, you are there to offer a voice of reason and SUPPORT, because she will most assuredly NEED you as she navigates her path to emotional freedom; though she may not believe so. A mother's work is never done.😁

😮 My eyes rolled backwards when I read you are expecting a scorching 97 degree weather this week! We were blessed with an abundantly BEAUTIFUL, sunny day!🌞The high was 72 degrees, so I took full advantage, and went shopping for a new mattress.😊 Rain returns tomorrow, and is likely to transition into snow during the evening hours, with no projected accumulation.🤞

What an exciting day the 12th. will be for Lindsay! I could not wait until my "magical" 18th birthday! I recall thinking that I would be "grown", but ofcourse, the converse was true. I soon realized I had a such a looooooooooong way to go.😁😊

Well, my fingers are requesting a reprieve, so I will grant it.😁 As always, I look forward to your next update! Take good care dear friend.❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles It has become quite difficult in our home to enjoy each day due to the aggressiveness the "It" has been displaying. Cat Mad His threats of violence toward me is frightening to say the least, I keep my Pepper Spray close by.Woman Sad  Stacy and I will be going to the police department to make them aware of his drug dealings and the threats.  So far there has been no physical abuse, although recently he did threaten to punch her in her face if she called the police. Woman Surprised As for me, physical abuse is threatened constantly and I pray, until we can get him out, that it remains just that. Smiley Frustrated

Stacy spoke to someone who is aware of the "Its" actions and told her that the combination of  drugs he takes makes him aggressive rather than the good high feeling most people get.Cat Sad  He is one sick individual we don't need or want in our lives.Smiley Frustrated

I hope a day will come when Stacy can give a rational explanation as to why, after divorcing him in 2003 for the right reasons, she has kept him in our lives all these years.Cat Frustrated  It certainly isn't because she loves him, that I know for a fact.

Believe me when I say I would much prefer to write more lighthearted words than the above.Cat Embarassed  Maybe I am wrong but I tend to put some blame on Stacy for this. Woman Mad If she had done it right in the first place we wouldn't be going through this now.  And he admitted to Stacy that he isn't interested in his daughter which is fine, she certainly won't be introducing him to people she knows.  He is more of an embarrassment than a father to be proud of.Cat Embarassed

There have been many articles written about the future of our country as a result of the virus, and it isn't pretty.Woman Sad  Claims are being made that life is not going to be the same.  As of this moment I don't recall the specifics my friend, but it doesn't look good.Smiley Surprised

In the meantime our dogs, Yuki and Angel, our German Shepherd, and Dewy the cat, are doing great and are just as happy as they can be.  Not a worry in the world.Woman LOL

The following is something I would like to share with you...

To My Daughter,

Whenever you feel overwhelmed remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown.  Always remember you are BRAVER than you think, STRONGER than you seem and LOVED more than you know.  Wrap yourself up in this and consider it a big hug.

Love,

Your Mom

Until I hear from you again my very dear friend, I wish you pleasant days ahead filled with love. Heart 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles   Are you there Sandy?  Hope all is well.  Looking forward to hearing from you.,  Your pen pal Lindsays Grandma otherwise known as Elizabeth.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma My apologies dear friend but my life has been quite HECTIC as of late; I struggle to find downtime. When it rains, it pours!😊

When I read of your current plight involving "It", I began to pray for comfort and protection for you, Lindsay, and Stacy.🙏❤  When I saw your other thread a few moments ago, it put things into perspective!😮 I certainly empathize with your trepidation, and am relieved to know you are taking the necessary steps to empower yourself!!

I have never carried pepper spray, but did carry a knife on my person at all times in the months following the end of an abusive relationship; many moons ago. Had I known whether or not it was available at that time, I would most assuredly have carried it!😊

I will continue to pray that God surround you with his loving arms of protection, and that you are NEVER forced to use!!🙏

I LOVED the BEAUTIFUL words you shared about a mother's love! My eyes welled with tears of happiness as I thought of my daughters, and how much I love them.💖

One day; hopefully sooner than later, Stacy WILL come to understand the depth of your love for her, and Lindsay! As for her personal struggles; she truly, TRULY needs you because she is a misguided and frightened emotional victim; Stockholm syndrome comes to mind.😐 Inside, she is still a little girl who needs her MOMMY. You have such a kind and LOVING spirit, and I am certain you will ALWAYS be there to support her because of it.😊

On a lighter note, thank you for "introducing" me to Angel and Dewey!😄 I am certain there is never a dull moment in your household, if they are even HALF as " energetic" as Ms.Yuki.😁

That pesky Sandman is clamoring at the door, so I suppose I should open it.😂 Sleep is coming easy for me at this late hour. I will check in daily for updates from you, as my concern for your well being grows.😐 Please know that you, Lindsay and Stacy are in my thoughts, and occupy a special place in my heart! Take GREAT care of yourself dear friend, and keep me posted!😊❤🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles  Oh, my dear friend I have wonderful news.  I asked the QVC Social Group if I may please start posting my jokes and inspirational quotes again and the answer was YES!!!!!   so be prepared to start looking for them.Woman LOL

I know it is a lot of work and to be honest I was getting tired of it.   After going through all of the threads for a few days I realized the people here need some light jokes and inspirational quotes. 

Hopefully next week Stacy will have a day when we can go to the police department to make them aware of the threats and drug dealing.  It is unlawful to threaten someone's life and illegal to be a drug dealer.  I am hoping with the info I can give them they will be able to track his drug dealing and arrest him. Cat Mad

I don't know if Stacy will ever realize how lucky she is to have her  mother in her life.  I don't think Stacy has it in her to ever show appreciation for the fact that her mother has been her protector.  I never hear the words "thank you".Woman Sad

Anyway, she just got home from work and "It" is yelling and complaining about something.  That's all he ever does and I cannot stand to hear his voice.  He has a gravelly, deep throated voice which is most annoying.  

I am going to cut this short because I am going to post my first thread tonight.  It has been a long time and I know that you will be very happy to see them again.  So until the next time my dear friend, as always I wish you good days and love, always. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma My soul is SINGING! Fa-la-la-la-laaaa.😁 That is such WONDERFUL news!!! I concur that the boards can benefit from the rays of sunshine your inspirational, and sometimes HILARIOUS threads bring. I await the "grand opening" with eager anticipation!🥰

You NEED a distraction from the adversity you are enduring, and this will most certainly serve as that.😊

Let us pray that "It"s" menacing presence is soon a DISTANT memory, so that you may once again reclaim your JOY!🙏 Take good care dear friend!❤

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles ...I posted the first thread last night after Beth from the Social Team gave me the go ahead.  Well, it didn't last long.  When I logged in earlier today I discovered  Anjalena removed it with the reason being the copyright thing.  Beth advised I submit my source which I did.  I sent an e-mail to the Social Team explaining I was given permission by Beth so now I await a response from them, yea or nay.

I don't do it to benefit myself, I do it for the well being of all the posters on these forums.  As for this copyright situation, the majority are found on the Internet and I have no doubt some are so old that whoever initially wrote them are long dead.

If they are so openly posted on the Internet why would anyone think they will be sued from a few jokes on a Forum?  Will people actually spend hours, day after day and review everything that is posted on these Forums  looking for someone to sue?  That would be overkill for sure. 

DesertDi was happy to hear it too when I alerted her, can't wait to hear from her when she reads  it has  been removed.  She will not be happy, that I can tell you for sure.  Isn't it a shame that a person who is trying to make others feel good, even in a small way, isn't allowed to?  

I took the time months ago to read up about "copyright" so that I would understand it, and from what I read, posting quotes and jokes on a forum is not a threat by any means.  So my friend, as of right now I don't know which way it is going to end up. 

I know how happy you were to see the jokes and quotes again, sorry your bubble was burst. Woman Sad

Tomorrow Lindsay will turn 18 years old and I have $100 to present to her to help her celebrate the day she becomes an adult. Woman Very HappyHeart

Esteemed Contributor

😮 How quickly our sunny skies turned to rain! I was so hoping to see a knowledge nugget or two when I signed on!😔 Because you were granted permission just recently, I am hopeful a favorable resolution will be forthcoming after a bit of clarification; sooner than later!🤞 I know how much you love, and miss it!😊

Hang in there dear friend! I am looking forward to your update, and will cross my eyes, fingers, and toes hoping for good news!🤪🤞 Take great care dear friend..❤🤗