Honored Contributor

This gif will not animate because it's in web format.

I took it to 2 different image editing places to convert it to a png format or any other format that QVC will accept.

It's suppose to flash/sparkle.  Can you get it to do that?

200w-1.webp

Honored Contributor

Can you even open it ?

Honored Contributor

@SharkE         

I'm afraid that all I know how to do it type, and copy pictures. 

There ARE several other forum posters who are very savvy about all this cyber stuff.

(In my defense, I can clean and gap spark plugs, tho)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Oh, Ok,  I've never had any trouble with a gif being so hard to convert to a png or jpg format.

In here if you 'download to favorites' you have to take it to Luna or some other image editing sites and convert it to a png or jpg format that QVC recognizes.

That's why I prefer to just give the item # instead of going to the trouble of downloading a picture, then, have to take it to Luna image editing and when you upload it, they automatically convert it to png or jpg.

Thank you for your prompt reply !

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE  Copying images in messages from the qvc website is real easy.  Find the image, place the cursor over it, right click over the picture, you will get a drop down menu so scroll and select copy.  Then go to your message and click control V if on a microsoft or chrome browser (command V in an apple device) and that will paste the picture in the message.

This doesn't always work when the picture is not on the qvc website, but it has ALWAYS worked for me with a qvc website picture.

I will see if I can help you in your actual question.  Just thought I would share this, because I like to see your purchases!  And @Desertdi may be busy...

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I got just Apple . MacBook Air laptop and a big

Apple big screen table top. Can't remember the fancy name. LOL

Windows never worked for me. Hated them.

Honored Contributor

This one I'm trying to convert is just a animation of a rose. Not a QVC purchase. I can send the rose thru my own email to pals, but, I can't send it here.

So weird.   They have a block on it some way.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE I. I am an apple lover myself.  I may be able to help you.  Is that a static image or a gif?  Did you download it to your computer?

If it's a static image, I just download it to my computer by right clicking as per my earlier post.  Then go to Finder, and open the Download folder.  find the file and modify its name (right click on the name to edit it) within my Download folder by deleting the "webp" suffix and replacing it with "jpg".  If the image already has both "jpg" and a "webp" suffixes, I just delete ".webp" and leave the jpg or jpeg suffix alone.  Works every time in Finder for me to convert the format.  I can then usually upload the static image into a qvc post by using the little menu that qvc has across the top of the message box.

Sometimes the image file may be too large.  If QVC tells me that the file is too large when I try to post, I open the image from my Download folder in Finder, using the Preview app, then click on Tools on the menu across the top of my screen while on Preview, I get a drop down menu, select "Adjust Size", then reduce the size.  Doesn't always work, but if I work that long to try to get the image in a message, it usually works.

Many times, qvc will state it removed html when I first try to post, but I have never seen that make any difference, so I just click post again.  But if qvc states the image file is too large, it will not post unless I can reduce the size so it meets the qvc file size requirements.

I don't recall if I have ever posted a moving gif, but I think I would download that to photos, and then see what the suffix looks like, and delete any webp suffix.  I think there has to be "gif" in the suffix for it to be moving, but I have never added that, so it should be there to begin with if I want to copy a gif with movement from the internet.

I don't always finish and post my messages if they take too much effort...

Hope this helps!

Honored Contributor

Effy Baguette Diamond & Kunzite Ring, 14k Rose Gold

Honored Contributor

Effy Baguette Diamond & Kunzite Ring, 14k Rose Gold

Ok, so, I hit control and 'copy image'

Then from the 'edit' menu hit paste 

Yay!! it worked  !!

Thanks ! girl.    Just a tad difference in execution