Honored Contributor

Our family's favorite getaway.  A small town past Napa in the heart of the wine country.  Great wine country food, the best wine, and small places to stay.  Right near the fire, people living in and near Calistoga have taken in displaced people and scout for the animals on the lose, taking them in also.

Residents have come together to feed everyone needing help, three meals a day, every day.  Many of the displaced are setting up camp in the Calistoga Fair Grounds.

The local news showed a young Mexican-American couple who lost everything and had nowhere to go.  The reporter told them our favorite little hotel was taking them in.  

I am am so touched by the wonderful and generous people in Calistoga.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Contributor

I am from Central California and feel so sorry for all those affected by the fires, just horrible. I have been to Calistoga and it is such a beautiful area. How great they are so willing to help those in need, a nice story for a change! Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

Hi Janealma, nice to meet you Smiley Happy

You are welcome.  We just saw another report from one of our local reporters, Michael Finney, seen interviewing several older lady evacuees.  He said he heard they were in a lot of pain  from sleeping on cots, so Finney went to the two hardware stores in Calistoga and bought them out of mattresses.

I'm going to post a couple pf pix of Calistoga for people to see, it's such a beautiful little town.

Respected Contributor

I just read that there's been some looting in the evacuated areas. What the heck is WRONG with people???

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

I just read that there's been some looting in the evacuated areas. What the heck is WRONG with people???

It seems that always happens, which is why some people refuse to leave their homes during a disaster.

Just terrible...

Honored Contributor

Calistoga:

The geyser nearby:

Image result for calistoga california

Vineyards nearby:

The area is known for hot air balloon trips:

Honored Contributor

Such a beautiful little town.  I lived in California for years and only visited there last year.  

Valued Contributor

I love Calistoga. We use to go there a lot when I was a kid.

Over labor Day weekend we went to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. They are so beautiful. I am so hopeful they can save those beautiful trees.It would be a tragedy to lose them.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm really glad to find out there are other people here who are familiar with Calistoga.  It's such a special place, and gives us such wonderful memories.

The entire area is special, St, Helena, the magnificent wineries, Yontville, it's all just so special.  I'm so sorry that houses and land not far away have burned Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: CALISTOGA & THE FIRE

[ Edited ]

We used to go to Calistoga for weekends when I was a child. Beautiful town, beautiful people.

This should be front page news!!!