Esteemed Contributor

Re: CALIFORNIA: Blackout Warnings

Up here in northwestern California, we have been getting rain pretty much every other day.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Up here in northwestern California, we have been getting rain pretty much every other day.

Good Morning, PP2 Smiley Happy

I hope your reservoirs are getting a little higher!

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

We have our usual earthquake supplies with whatever lights/batteries we've put away.  Can't convince my husband to take El Nino seriously.  We still don't have rain here in Los Angeles.  It goes elsewhere.  I do have candles.

Hi LR Smiley Happy

We had a good rain the other day, finally.  The local weather people say two storms are headed our way, one heavy storm predicted for Thursday morning... we shall see.

Hi Noel back at ya.  

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Happy

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Hi, Noel.........I haven't been online because of intermittent connection problems with my Internet/ phone service.  Works in the morning, nothing in the daytime, and then later in the evening, then not at all again.  Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, I'm just fine.  Just spending a lot of time/hours with trying to connect new modems with the Internet and phone service, etc.  So, if anyone wonders, just spread the news.  I'll start a new thread when everything is back to normal.   Happy Holidays, Noel and everyone here!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Hi ROMARY Smiley Happy

We've had rain today, storm predicted for tomorrow.  They are saying we will have coast waves of 20 feet.  People in Pacifica usually go to the beach for a look-see, they are being warned not to this time.  "Sneaker waves."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Noel and everyone else here:  Keep safe, be careful.  ......... BTW, I just might take an Internet Break for a month or so, (Cancel this service; find another phone company, etc.).  We'll see.........Tomorrow is another day...........With any luck from those lucky stars in the Universe, all could be well...!!  ............................... p.s.  If you don't hear back from me......it's because the Internet isn't connected (again).  That modem keeps flashing a red light when all isn't well...........lol.   Making me dizzy.........lol (again)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Hi, Noel.........I haven't been online because of intermittent connection problems with my Internet/ phone service.  Works in the morning, nothing in the daytime, and then later in the evening, then not at all again.  Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, I'm just fine.  Just spending a lot of time/hours with trying to connect new modems with the Internet and phone service, etc.  So, if anyone wonders, just spread the news.  I'll start a new thread when everything is back to normal.   Happy Holidays, Noel and everyone here!

Shoekitty said

Several years ago I had that happen with our phone line!  OMG, it took 6 or 7 trips for an "old timer phone man" to discover the problem.  It was a small hole in the line.  During the day or warmer temps the line expanded and sort of covered the hole, and the line was fine.  When temps dropped the hole was exposed and service was interrupted.  The old guy had come across this problem when I was explaining the problem.  He knew that workers had been out about 7 times previously, and whatever they did didn't work.  So he scoured the line, and he did indeed fine a hole!  I still think of him.  This problem went on for close to year before it was fixed.  Line was fine one minute, dead the next.!  Scary, as we had an emergency once and phone didn't work.  Had to run to neighbor!

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Noel and everyone else here:  Keep safe, be careful.  ......... BTW, I just might take an Internet Break for a month or so, (Cancel this service; find another phone company, etc.).  We'll see.........Tomorrow is another day...........With any luck from those lucky stars in the Universe, all could be well...!!  ............................... p.s.  If you don't hear back from me......it's because the Internet isn't connected (again).  That modem keeps flashing a red light when all isn't well...........lol.   Making me dizzy.........lol (again)

@ROMARY I had the same problem.  It's because I used Internet Explorer as a browser and it's outdated,  How about you, do use that one?

I don't have the problem with Firefox.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I type into the Firefox website and sign up, wouldn't my modem still be flashing red when it's in and out of service?  I do think it's a phone problem.  But, of course, I really don't understand it at all, obviously.  Well, I'll look into Firefox tomorrow.  I'm tired from all of the commotion re: the new modem, etc. and all of those hours of re-connecting.  Thanks!  ............ Edited:  Now that I've had time to calmly think about it, it does make sense that if Firefox is more compatible with my Internet/phone service/whatever, then the connection will remain intact.  So, thank you again, Noel.

Honored Contributor

What I understand about an El Nino occurrence is it does not mean it will rain any sooner.  It means when the rainy season comes it will be harder and wetter.  I live near the So edge of the Santa Clara Valley.  Our rainy season is really January  (mid) to April mid May.  Yes we have rain here and there, but the real rain doesn't come until late December to mid January.  It has been so long since we had real rain, it is hard to remember.  I know when it used to rain we would have a few days rain around Halloween, then a day or two before Thanksgiving.  I remember Christmas shopping in the old days with umbrellas and ducking the rain to get into stores!!  But after Christmas it was always cold and frosty until mid January,  then it would rain.  Everyday sometimes for weeks.  It would be the rain that pours all night, all day...almost no let up/

At least that is what it was like here in No Cal.  I know far North always got more rain than us.