Honored Contributor

Re: CA Shooting, 12 Dead on 'Student Night' at Bar

@JillyMarie@I guess you must be much younger than me.I grew up in a time where this stuff rarely occurred and if it did gave people nightmares...hence shocked.I agree with you.I am disgusted too but for me shock is still there and I hope I won’t lose that.

QVC Customer Care

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

This is pathetic......very sad.  

What a horrible thing to wake up to when turning on the TV for the news.  Between these horrible shootings and all the other stuff going on in our country, it leaves little doubt that there is definitely something wrong with our country.

It has got to stop.  The sooner the better.

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@esmerelda  Social media has informed and ruined many things for me.  Smiley Happy

Interesting thoughts.  I think it is mental illness combined with a lack of manners and the loss of pure human decency and courtesy towards one another.  I find it beyond shocking what some people will say to another human being just because they are behind a keyboard.  And I mainly interact with supposed adults.

Most of these shooting instances are kids killing kids.  I think they all need to get off their phones and look in the mirror and stop bullying their peers into complete mental breakdowns through texts, snapchat, FB, IG, etc... 

Pipe dream I know but I think there is a lot to be said for being forced to be nasty in person to someone's actual face.  You'll see a lot less of it and this.    

Does mental illness, lack of manners, loss of decency and courtesy exist only in this country? Because mass shootings don't happen anywhere else at the frequency they happen here. 

Valued Contributor

I lived in Thousand Oaks for twenty years until 2006.  I have been to the Borderline Bar & Grill.  It's a large place.  Thousand Oaks is a wonderful community ranked the 4th safest city in the United States.  My friends husband worked with the sheriff that was killed.  I just can't wrap my head around this.  Back in the 80's a lot of people moved there from San Fernando Valley because it was so much safer.  Just goes to show no one is safe anywhere. Time after time my heart breaks for families and friends of people killed in these senseless acts.  Something has to be done!  Prayers for all.  

Honored Contributor

It's not just young ones doing these mass killings.  Believe one recently was a man about 58......   Don't believe he killed himself either.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@esmerelda  Social media has informed and ruined many things for me.  Smiley Happy

Interesting thoughts.  I think it is mental illness combined with a lack of manners and the loss of pure human decency and courtesy towards one another.  I find it beyond shocking what some people will say to another human being just because they are behind a keyboard.  And I mainly interact with supposed adults.

Exhibit A... 

I invite anyone who wants to waste their time to go read and participate in our Exercise thread. 

Our comments there are sometimes about unidentified strangers we encounter out and about who will never read or know what is being said about them by other complete strangers in a humorous or venting way.  

HUGE difference rather than the posting of a nasty comment directly to someone's eyes for no true purpose other than to be unkind. 

Thank you for providing the perfect example of what I was talking about.        

Edited to remove a deleted post

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

We are in deep trouble. To do nothing about these tragedies is a tragedy in itself.

It starts with  stricter laws on gun control.  Not the answer, but a start.

@SeaMaiden Or stricter enforcement of current gun laws. And then there is the saying, “when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.” We might be seeing some of that now… Outlaws with guns...people who have them illegally. .

Keepin' it real.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I greatly fear for the safety of my grandchildren, 4 of which are in college. There is no "safe" place anymore, being it a Mall, a club or Church. Someone needs to step up and get this mess under control. Better background checks, longer waiting times for approvals, and holding the sellers of these weapons legally responsible!

Esteemed Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Most of these shooting instances are kids killing kids.  I think they all need to get off their phones and look in the mirror and stop bullying their peers into complete mental breakdowns through texts, snapchat, FB, IG, etc... 

Pipe dream I know but I think there is a lot to be said for being forced to be nasty in person to someone's actual face.  You'll see a lot less of it and this.    

Does mental illness, lack of manners, loss of decency and courtesy exist only in this country? Because mass shootings don't happen anywhere else at the frequency they happen here. 

@bathina Don’t we have this exchange on just about every thread with a topic like this? True, there may not be mass shootings in other countries like here. They find other ways to do this without guns. It’s as true today as it was the last time I said it to you.

Keepin' it real.