OK @KingstonsMom

I'll go away.  See ya at the next one.

Respected Contributor

Re: CA Shooting, 12 Dead on 'Student Night' at Bar

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@JillyMarie wrote:
The shooting was terrible. Terrible and commonplace. Perhaps we need an emoji for these weekly events? Or just stop reporting them.

Or you could just stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't happen.

Isn't that what we are doing as a nation?

@JillyMarie

Please don't turn this thread into a political debate, it will just cause the thread to be deleted.

Maybe the more that our citizens are informed of these tragedies, change will happen in the right place, which sure isn't here.

Really? Do you know how many times the citizens have been informed of these tragedies? 297 times this year. This isn't political. This is human tragedy.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:

OK @KingstonsMom

I'll go away.  See ya at the next one.

@JillyMarie

Please don't go away, I appreciate, respect and agree with your opinion on this.

Maybe my post was unclear, but I simply meant that we can't get too obviously political or the thread will be removed.

We can word things that 'imply' our feelings, yet not cross the Standards of posting here, leading to deletion.

I'm sorry if you thought that I was insinuating otherwise by my post, I wasn't.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I don't even know what to say anymore.

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie@You really are thought provoking...don’t go away.We are just beginning to understand you.

Honored Contributor

A6F1DAEB-A045-4035-9F74-B2CFCF22C812.jpeg

Honored Contributor

One of the advantages of not having tv anymore.  You miss the worst of life.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Last month we lost 2 officers and 5 more wounded. A couple of them were making an investigation call on a house and were ambushed. One was on the force for 30 yrs and the other a detective. The others were in the hospital for quite some time. The shooter was in his 70's.

I did read recently, the police had made several visits to this house for various reasons.

Thoughts & prayers go out to the families.

Esteemed Contributor

• @Laura14 Not as long as you’re logged in here. I heard the headline on the news, and I knew I could find the details here. 

The thoughts and prayers offered, I believe, or for the souls of those killed and for the injured and families of the victims. That’s what the prayers are for. Right? So maybe y’all are praying for the wrong thing. Or you should additionally pray for the change you are looking for. You know, prayer changes things, right?  How many here believe that?

No doubt this shooter will be declared “mentally ill“ like many others.   We can’t just apply that label anymore. We have to find out why people are doing this. The boys who shot up Columbine.… At that time we weren’t just saying “mentally I’ll” and leaving it.   People are feeling bullied, disenfranchised, left out, ignored….  And, unfortunately, this is how some react. We have to go beyond the weapon and look for the reason. And mental illness is not always it.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  Social media has informed and ruined many things for me.  Smiley Happy

Interesting thoughts.  I think it is mental illness combined with a lack of manners and the loss of pure human decency and courtesy towards one another.  I find it beyond shocking what some people will say to another human being just because they are behind a keyboard.  And I mainly interact with supposed adults.

Most of these shooting instances are kids killing kids.  I think they all need to get off their phones and look in the mirror and stop bullying their peers into complete mental breakdowns through texts, snapchat, FB, IG, etc... 

Pipe dream I know but I think there is a lot to be said for being forced to be nasty in person to someone's actual face.  You'll see a lot less of it and this.