@mousiegirl

lead can be absorbed through the skin or through heating via air

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: CA Prop 65 and QVC not shipping items

@Justice4all wrote:

@mousiegirl

lead can be absorbed through the skin or through heating via air

@Justice4all  I would assume that there would have to be a good amount of lead such as in paint on walls, etc, not from a small lamp, but of course I don't know the specifications, just seemed weird to me at the time.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Lead-based paint and lead contaminated dust are the most hazardous sources of lead for U.S. children. Lead-based paints were banned for use in housing in 1978. All houses built before 1978 are likely to contain some lead-based paint. However, it is the deterioration of this paint that causes a problem.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Lead-based paint and lead contaminated dust are the most hazardous sources of lead for U.S. children. Lead-based paints were banned for use in housing in 1978. All houses built before 1978 are likely to contain some lead-based paint. However, it is the deterioration of this paint that causes a problem.

@puttypiesmom  I learned this when DD came along, and her doctor mentioned it to me.  I must have grown up in a lead painted house, so far, no issues,  and I don't remember any peeling paint in my childhood home

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all  @puttypiesmom  Well, I just tried to order an item and was refused due to Prop 65.  Lead is not mentioned anywhere, but assume it is either in the paint or metal.  Customer service told me to contact the manufacturer, how ABSURD!  Sure, I am going to contact someone in China, crazy!

I don't know why anything is manufactured with lead in it, what is the point.

Highlighted
vjo

I am beyond furious that I can't order anything since I live in the insane state of calif.  I hate the politics here.  I want a sweater made out of cotton, and polyester.  Thanks gov moonbeam.  I hope QVC can help us cold people that need sweaters.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@vjo wrote:

I am beyond furious that I can't order anything since I live in the insane state of calif.  I hate the politics here.  I want a sweater made out of cotton, and polyester.  Thanks gov moonbeam.  I hope QVC can help us cold people that need sweaters.  

@vjo, your blame is misplaced.  Proposition 65 (formally titled The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986) is a California law passed by direct voter initiative in 1986 by a 63%–37% vote.  

Additionally, at the time Prop65 was enacted George Deukmejian was governor.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Being perfect must be a heavy burden.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I tried ordering online a marked down item from Women With Control and was told it could not be shipped to my address in CA. I called CS, and they tried placing the order with the same result. I decided to go on Renee Greenstein’s FB page and let her know. She said she’d had a few other complaints and was going to talk to someone at the Q about it. She sent me a message yesterday and told me the matter was resolved and to try again to order the item. I did and it went through! Vendors need to be made aware of the problem if possible, imo.

~H~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD wrote:

I tried ordering online a marked down item from Women With Control and was told it could not be shipped to my address in CA. I called CS, and they tried placing the order with the same result. I decided to go on Renee Greenstein’s FB page and let her know. She said she’d had a few other complaints and was going to talk to someone at the Q about it. She sent me a message yesterday and told me the matter was resolved and to try again to order the item. I did and it went through! Vendors need to be made aware of the problem if possible, imo.

uh it's now the customer's job to inform the label.  uh, no.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@vjo wrote:

@vjo, your blame is misplaced.  Proposition 65 (formally titled The Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986) is a California law passed by direct voter initiative in 1986 by a 63%–37% vote.  

Additionally, at the time Prop65 was enacted George Deukmejian was governor.

but who is to "blame" for the newest rules/updates to the prop, which is what is causing the problems?

Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hand in hand. - Dr. Seuss