Honored Contributor

Re: CA Fires Day 12 Home Again

@alicedee I separated my paragraphs in my post because they were separate thoughts
Sorry you didn't read them as such but combined the second and third ones instead.

I agree with your statement about Dulwich; I may express my own opinions also.
Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich  I'm glad you got home and although dusty,your home is safe! It must have been terribly hard to leave not knowing the outcome. 
  I'd say not to work too hard cleaning but I know I couldn't rest until it's done. Take care!😀

Respected Contributor

AAAAAAAHAHHHHHH @dulwich I am very relieved for you and your entire family.

SAFE 

SOUND

DUSTY but alive and home in your  house.

Your house...let me say it again - your house.

I hope CA reconsiders clearing out underbrush as is done in NJ - it may make the difference for future fire control.

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby Unfortunately for us here in CA, it's not as simple as clearing the underbrush.  We get very little if any rain this time of year.  Climate change has increased temperatures and extreme weather.  These latest fires were caused by lightning strikes. 

@dulwich lives in a beautiful area that is literally houses built in the forest.  When these types of weather events happen, forest mitigation would not help.  

Respected Contributor

@dulwich , Oh, my, we have plantation shutters also.

They were a nightmare. mr henny ordered from the Q some fuzzy cleaning gloves made by torin company he has been using them on our shutters. He loves them says much quicker than the regular aslett cloths for the task.The item number is V34849-----you get two mits and two gloves.--Take care!

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich ...So glad you and the family are back in your house and safe.  I know you are overwhelmed with the dust and soot, take it inch by inch.  It is going to take quite a bit of time to get it where you want it again.  And the thank you banners hanging for the firefighters and police is a lovely touch, they sure deserve it.  That saying..."There is no place like home" sure rings true at a time like this doesn't it?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

You're all home safe and that's what counts.  😄

Don't overstress, about the cleaning. It will get done, and you deserve, to take it easy! 

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich , such happy news!  I wish you rain.  LM

Respected Contributor

@Linmo 

Thank you for a true education, I very much appreciate it from someone in the know. 

I will PRAY for loads more rain - sans lightning to help all those in the line of fire.

Have a great week. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich   Some days the weather predicted is smokey and then the number of the heat.  Some days are smokey, some are not, but maybe the cooler weather now is helping.