Esteemed Contributor

Re: CA Bans New Fur Sales and Most Animals From Circus Performances

Wouldn't people just visit another state to buy their fur coats and fur accessories? I saw a lot of real fur at both Saks Fifth Avenue and Saks off 5th in Las Vegas. All that Angelenos would have to do is fly or drive across the line to Nevada to buy real fur if they wanted to.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the country, in a rural area. However, I do go to a few othe bigger cities in this state on occasion, and I don't see people wearing fur. I did go to an upscale resale store a while back and they did have some real fun pieces for sale.

I don't even want to know what these dogs I live here would do, if I brought some sort of fur in here.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady @suzyQ3 @shoekitty    I hear you all!  I am soon going to be a "former" CA resident, but will always love and admire the passion and concern of people who live in this state.  They sure take a lot of criticism...not just from posters on this board, but from the internet as a whole, and from the "leader" of our country.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Who wears fur in California anyway? It's not the Arctic.

If you have ever been on Rodeo Drive, you will see who wears furs in California. Animal furs are still considered a status symbol to many. I am not in that majority, but sadly, it is the truth. While I am against any form of animal cruelty, I do not think it's right for me to TELL another ADULT how to spend their money. Perhaps one day, their conscience will be their guide.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Who wears fur in California anyway? It's not the Arctic.

If you have ever been on Rodeo Drive, you will see who wears furs in California. Animal furs are still considered a status symbol to many. I am not in that majority, but sadly, it is the truth. While I am against any form of animal cruelty, I do not think it's right for me to TELL another ADULT how to spend their money. Perhaps one day, their conscience will be their guide.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Then buy your fur in another state. Problem solved lol..  By the way fur is not a status symbol at all.  People who really have real money, or old money don't flaunt it, they have nothing to prove.  It is sometimes the people who don't have money judge what is status and what is not.

Just my opinion.  If you see any animal fur on Rodeo it is either faux, or an older matron who has worn it for years. Or, they live in a really cold climate, and dont care ..they love their fur.  That is a choice. Spend your money as you choose, I sure do.  If I wanted fur , id buy it.  But for what? And whose  expense.  Here it is too hot for a light coat most of the time.  A good Burburry coat costs more than any fur stole.  I saw a Burburry coat the other day for 6,000,  yikes!  Also too hot for this climate.     I am not sure what you mean, let your conscience be your guide?  I thought thats what this law was all about.

Honored Contributor

@september 

Oh no, you are moving?  

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles 

I must disagree, waiting for some humans to develop a conscience while animals are being slaughtered and skinned, (Hopefully in that order),  to make something that could be made painlessly from other sources is never going to be my thing.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

@september 

Oh no, you are moving?  

@shoekitty   Yes!  Put my home on the market,had numerous offers in the first two days,went into escrow on day 3.  So obviously, a lot of people do still want to live in this state, in spite of the opinions of people on this board!

my reasons for moving are personal and family related.  I do love where I've lived all these years, and wish the best to the new family who will live in my home. 

Esteemed Contributor

Nor, is it my thing😉.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

With all the problems CA has this is a priority?  

Agreed, I'm soo relieved I don't reside there, with every passing day.......it's some new absurdity