Honored Contributor

Re: CA Bans New Fur Sales and Most Animals From Circus Performances

@Sooner wrote:

Well, did CA ban horse racing too?  Or is it about the money the state gets?  And they also should ban animals used in making movies.  Did they do that?   Or is that about the money and influence rather than the animals? 

I'd say this is a tell-tale moment for that.   No, sounds more like a publicity stunt to me. 

Maybe that is still to come

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Who wears fur in California anyway? It's not the Arctic.

@Porcelain 

Many Hollywood celebrities wear fur, especially at red carpet events.

Jennifer Lopez and the Kardashians are accosted pretty often by anti-fur activists, for their love of wearing real fur.

@KingstonsMom 

And this IG is whats absoutely positively AMAZING to me and so hypocritcal of the media... the protests about fur is rarely publicized regarding celebrities......it blows my mind on an issue like this!!!!  And yet these celebrities proudly wear these furs during award shows and during publicity for their newest movie or music coming out....Woman Mad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Well, did CA ban horse racing too?  Or is it about the money the state gets?  And did they also ban animals used in making movies?  Did they do that?   Or is that about the money and influence rather than the animals? 

I'd say this is a tell-tale moment for that.   No, sounds more like a publicity stunt to me. 

@Sooner  Anything to detract from bigger and more pressing problems that no one wants to deal with. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wished they'd ban Liberty Mutual from having that poor Emu in their commercials.....and making that poor thing wear clothes....the commercial is stupid and silly and they actually think it helps to sell their insurance....??????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Sure, CA has many problems such as the skyrocketing homeless rate, etc., but those more complex issues are much harder to solve and takes a lot more time to 'solve'.

This issue was a much easier fix.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I wished they ban Liberty Mutual from having that poor Emu in their commercials.....and that poor thing having to wear clothes....the commercial is stupid and silly and they actually think it helps to sell their insurance....??????

Yeah that emu just seems mad in those commercials. I'm hoping/assuming a lot of it is computer graphics. The actors and crew would have been in a certain amount of danger if the whole thing had been done on set, the way it appeared in the commercial.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Much of this pretty selective and that really makes me question motives. Circus animals are banned but not rodeos? 

Honored Contributor

Maybe the emu is a family pet and enjoys doing things with humans.I met a lady who has a pet possum.That critter lives in their home and has a pet door to come and go.It sleeps in her daughters bed.I am sure that possum loves sharing it’s life with the family or it would be gone.

Respected Contributor

OMG Why would it exclude dog and cat fur?

Respected Contributor

Some fur trimmed clothing from China labeled "faux" is actually dog/cat fur. I don't buy it any longer knowing that there are no regulations on animal treatment in China. At first I thought maybe they collected the animal's fur and then realized that's probably not how they do it.