Honored Contributor

Re: C-SPAN 2 "In Depth" Interview Colson Whitehead Now

Let's talk to each other directly, and with kindness.  I feel the pile-on coming on!

Trusted Contributor

Re: C-SPAN 2 "In Depth" Interview Colson Whitehead

[ Edited ]

I love C-Span.

What they are doing this year is in depth interviews (three hours) with fiction writers.

This is new for C-Span because they don't deal in fiction.

An author willing to sit down for a three hour interview with audience questions is in my book a good guy.  

It's also pretty spectacular for the audience.

Honored Contributor

Your old movie threads are interesting and informative , @Oznell, and you receive nothing but raves for those.  

Valued Contributor

wrote:

Not to dwell on this, but I have observed that plenty of posters bring in all kinds of perspectives when discussing various topics--  likes and dislikes, hunches, and any number of things they pick up about subjects.

Much of it is subjective, much of it I strongly disagree with.  But it is not "baiting"-- it is other people's opinions.  And I could spend all my time trying to disparage or refute them, or try to denigrate motives.  If necessary, why not just say, I disagree, and move on?   Let's not bring contentiousness.  That's my philosophy, anyway. 

Well said, as always @Oznell!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No doubt there were, @Mz iMac, but there was also a strain from the south..  Let's see, Gail Horne Lumet Buckley mentions Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.  Now I want to go back and read "The Hornes-- An American Family" again!

Trusted Contributor

Is this one of those only in America moments?

Like only in America could slavery ---

pick your own point.