Trusted Contributor

Bypass Keurig 2.0 DRM with free Freedom Clip from Rogers Family

Honored Contributor

Re: Bypass Keurig 2.0 DRM with free Freedom Clip from Rogers Family

I posted about this here and in other Keurig threads in the past, but no one seems to have picked up on it. They are way behind in mailing the "free" (without an order) ones, but I recently ordered and they now seem to be putting them inside the coffee boxes. I have two now - and I don't have a 2.0 - but I'm ready if I'm forced to get one in the future.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

People are also just taping a single lid from a real DRM inside the top of the machine so that it reads that lid instead of the current cup whenever it's closed.

Honored Contributor

On 2/3/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

People are also just taping a single lid from a real DRM inside the top of the machine so that it reads that lid instead of the current cup whenever it's closed.

That certainly works, but the Freedom Clip is a more permanent and sturdier set-it-and-forget-it remedy.

Respected Contributor

On 2/3/2015 moonchilde said:

I posted about this here and in other Keurig threads in the past, but no one seems to have picked up on it. They are way behind in mailing the "free" (without an order) ones, but I recently ordered and they now seem to be putting them inside the coffee boxes. I have two now - and I don't have a 2.0 - but I'm ready if I'm forced to get one in the future.

I didn't see your other one, but I did request a clip without an order and never got one. I've got several ekowbrew cups that come with the orange stickers now that work great.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 debc said:

I didn't see your other one, but I did request a clip without an order and never got one. I've got several ekowbrew cups that come with the orange stickers now that work great.

There was a delay in them getting the Freedom Clips, so a delay in shipping them. For anyone who has asked for one this year, they are still trying to fulfill requests from people who asked for them last year. I think they are in shock at the thousands of requests they've had.

Trusted Contributor

Evidently some people requested them for another reason

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 debc said:

I'm so late to this party. Where do I request this lid ladies? I just bought a 2.0 and my Peet's don't work. I have 3 boxes left and don't want to throw out. where do I get this clip or how does this "make shift" one work i.e. the lid? I'm so confused., LOL

TIA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Caffeina said:

Evidently some people requested them for another reason

LOL, why am I not surprised. There's too many other things available to pay those prices. I still wouldn't mind one but I'm not that interested.

~~
Respected Contributor

On 2/4/2015 winamac1 said:
On 2/4/2015 debc said:

I'm so late to this party. Where do I request this lid ladies? I just bought a 2.0 and my Peet's don't work. I have 3 boxes left and don't want to throw out. where do I get this clip or how does this "make shift" one work i.e. the lid? I'm so confused., LOL

TIA

The first post has a link just go there. It sounds like if you buy coffee you have a better chance of getting one. I've been on a list forever, there's not enough coffee in the cups for me, I like strong coffee.

If you want to basically make your own. You can just buy bright orange tape and use packing tape to tape it over the little rectangle.

I did this in about 5 minutes. I put several layers of tape over a white card the same size as the opening in the keurig. I put that on a strip of packing tape and trimmed around the edge and stuck it up there. I didn't think of pictures until I was done. You can see the orange through the machine in the second picture.

And one thing I did discover playing around is that non shiny tape opens up the number menu. Shiny just opens the regular menu.

Tape

orange label

taped

menu

~~