Respected Contributor

So that's the reason we have food shortages.....

so you people who are buying too much food online..

knock it off.

I personally do not buy any food online, I actually like to walk into a grocery store and pick it out myself.....you too?

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying too much Food Online

The only food item I have bought online were K-cups. I do not believe it is the cause of food shortages.

Trusted Contributor

I too prefer to walk into a store and pick out my food especially fruit, vegetables and meat.  

I wouldn't blame those who shop online for food shortages.  Often those who purchase online are buying directly from local stores.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling   I do my own grocery shopping, too.  I like to compare the brands for nutrition, price and expiration dates.  I like to select my own cuts of meat.  And for things like produce, I like to look at the size, ripeness, bruises, etc.  I don't want some stranger thumping my melons.  🍉🍈🏪

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

No food shortages that I can see.

Just a problem affording food. I spent $99 and change grocery shopping yesterday and came home with two small bags.  I just ran in for some zucchini, apple cider, tea bags and sauerkraut...I added three pork chops and a bag of sweet onions to my order when saw them.

It'll soon be less expensive to just eat the paper currency.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling I honestly don't understand buying food from TV.  I'm assuming that those who do so are either very far away from food stores or are unable to leave their homes.  Otherwise, why??

Honored Contributor

I have some family who are still shopping online only for a year and half now and will continue on I suppose.  I have never once ordered food online to be delivered.  That includes take out from restaurants as well.  I am too darn cheap to pay a fee for someone to bring me something.  I just hit Wal-mart before coming to the office this morning no big deal.  No crowds and no lines.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@Just Bling I honestly don't understand buying food from TV.  I'm assuming that those who do so are either very far away from food stores or are unable to leave their homes.  Otherwise, why??

@kaydee50 I don't think it is different than buying anything on tv.  Or on line, or from a catalog.  

Honored Contributor

I don't think that is the shortage problem, cargo ships,.dock workers, truck drivers.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@kaydee50 I don't think it is different than buying anything on tv.  Or on line, or from a catalog.  

Well, first of all food is perishable even bakery items.  And it is something I'm ingesting. I would be concerned where it's coming from and how it is packaged.