Esteemed Contributor

Re: Buying house hold products

@Spurt wrote:

My local grocery store, HEB has a good deal on household products, there's usually some coupons available for these items...

@Spurt  HEB is coming to North Texas with 2 stores.  Unfortunately not close enough to  me for regular shopping.  

Paper products Walmart, Market Street Grocery for everything else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mspatmac wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

My local grocery store, HEB has a good deal on household products, there's usually some coupons available for these items...

@Spurt  HEB is coming to North Texas with 2 stores.  Unfortunately not close enough to  me for regular shopping.  

Paper products Walmart, Market Street Grocery for everything else.

@mspatmac 

They do have good specials and coupons, and their prepared foods are excellent. HEB rules South Texas and drove away the major grocery chains here like---Albertsons, Krogers etc etc...their biggest competition here is Walmart, Costco.....and to a lesser extent we do have others but they can't compete with HEB---Super Target, Whole Foods, Natural Grocers, Trader Joes, Sams.....

And each HEB store is dependent on the Manager and the type of store they design for different areas and closeness of competition, there are some stores that are large, well stocked, and a good variety of products....There are others that have mostly store brands, and are poorly stocked this happened even before the pandemic hit, some are too big (they have an electronics and clothing section in a grocery store---trying to compete with Walmart I guess)---They do a LOT for the community too and do treat their employees well....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Aldi

Floral Pillow
Trusted Contributor

Not so sure about best prices but here's my breakdown:

*Bulk is Costco. Just placed a large order for TP.

*Aldi for paper products in general

*Aldi for basic laundry detergent, baking soda, sponges, etc.

*Cleaning supplies are via The Laundress. I buy when it's 30% off plus since I buy a large amount at a time (bigger savings), I receive perks (free full size products) with orders. Household/floor cleaners, delicate wash, bleach substitute, detergent for sheets).

*Walmart for specific job products (silver polish, ceramic stove cleaner, etc).

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Amazon and Target.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Paper products, bleach wipes, and dish/laundry detergents come from WalMart and Sam's Club.   

I buy bleach and Lysol cleaner at my grocery store.   I don't buy any other cleaners.   

Esteemed Contributor

Dollar General, Walmart and Aldi.

Honored Contributor

It varies. I shop sales, but the last year or so, there haven't been many sales on those kinds of things, and simply stocking up at Sam's Club has seemed to be the best deal. Less running to find things, when the limit is just one, the packs are huge and last longer.

Valued Contributor

Re: Buying house hold@ products

@Spurt - We live in So. Cal. but visit our daughter in Selma, Texas.  We love HEB and find things there we cannot get at our local stores.  I told my dtr. if you have only one major supermarket to shop, you've got one of the best.  The variety and quality are great.  Wish we had one.  We end up bringing things back in the car with us when we leave Texas.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Buying house hold@ products

[ Edited ]

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@Spurt - We live in So. Cal. but visit our daughter in Selma, Texas.  We love HEB and find things there we cannot get at our local stores.  I told my dtr. if you have only one major supermarket to shop, you've got one of the best.  The variety and quality are great.  Wish we had one.  We end up bringing things back in the car with us when we leave Texas.  

@WORKING GAL 

Some of the HEBs are excellent and do carry a wide  variety of all kinds of products and you can even find things there that you can't find at many other retailers....And when I needed a new coffeemaker the best price was at HEBs! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”