Trusted Contributor

Definitely have someone look at it!

If they do not want to allow you to do that, do not buy the car.

Honored Contributor

I received a call from an interested buyer on the last SUV  I traded in.   The salesman at the dealership had given out my name, which I did not have a problem with at all.  

I was quite honest about the mechanical condition of that SUV.   It had a major problem and been repaired twice by the service department at that same dealership.   The vehicle had already messed up again in less than 45 days after the second repair, and I strongly urged the buyer to find another SUV.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom, of course, have your mechanic take a good look at it. In fact, you and your mechanic should drive the  car directly to his shop.

Honored Contributor
I would have a 3rd party mechanic look at it....30 days or 1000 is not a very good warranty imo
Honored Contributor
My SIL swears by Carfax. He has sold 2 vehicles to them and got more than he was asking....he also recently had them make an offer on his current car, got it in writing, and took it to a dealer so he could get a good trade-in price...the dealer low-balled him so he pulled out the Carfax price and they gave him 2 thousand more, no questions asked.