Respected Contributor

Re: Buying a used car part 2

Another option is to buy a 2018. You’d be surprised how many dealerships have 2018 cars that didn’t sell. So you get a model that’s a year old without paying the new car price.

Honored Contributor

Leased cars are a pain to maintain and I think I would have too much anxiety over every little scratch and dent.  If you park in a parking lot, your car will be scratched and dented constantly due to tiny parking spaces and inconsiderate people.

I've had a great experience at Car Max.  They buy higher quality cars, they are certified used and they stand behind them.  I've purchased 3 Camrys from them.  Two of them were older, first one 5 years old and the second one 10 years old.

Never had a problem with them and got my money's worth out of them.

Buy from a reputable used car dealer, not Facebook or Craigslist.

My last car, I bought at the end of the year when the new year models were coming in.  It has 600 miles on it and was used as a dealer loaner.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

I would highly recommend Carvana! Excellent customer service. Best of luck.

Honored Contributor

Buy American!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chihuahuamom 

In May, Better-half's truck exploded in our garage and we lost that vehicle, my vehicle and well... the house.

I had been driving a 2013 Honda FIT that replaced a 1999 Subaru Outback that was rear-ended and killed in 2012.

I chose the FIT because it had a safety feature I liked: The backseats fold up so the dog can sit on the floor.

Dog wasn't quite as impressed.

Only two issues: Wasn't great in snow and visibility wasn't as good as the Subaru.  But gas mileage was great and I didn't have any mechanical issues.

Just bought two used replacement vehicles at CarMax.  Your price range may be hard to find, but I recommend CarMax. 

(I did go back to a Subaru -- an Impreza this time -- because I really need all-wheel drive in New Mexico.  But it requires a higher-priced fuel.) 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~