Respected Contributor

Buying a minivan .. Do you have DODGE Caravan?

Do you like it?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Buying a minivan .. Do you have DODGE Caravan?

I drive a  Toyota Rav4.  I love it

Not sure if it qualifies as a mini-van, I think it's an SUV.

Esteemed Contributor

Had one some years ago and it was biggest piece of trash ever.  Up and died about 900 miles past the warranty.

Dont think they are being made anymore, so if you are looking at a used one don't even think of it.  Keep looking.  IMHO.

Respected Contributor

One of my coworkers had one recently, in less than a year she traded it in for a Chrysler Pacifica.

I don't recall if she just didn't like it or there were mechanical problems.  

She always drives a minivan though, her kids are in college but she still loves her minivans.

Valued Contributor

I had one may years ago and it was junk! It had to have the transmission replaced 3 times luckily all paid for by Dodge.

I now have a Toyota Sienna with 240,000 miles on it without any major work except the air conditioning. Knock on wood!

I do all the maintenance required.

I highly recommend it. It's very comfortable too.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Valued Contributor

we've had good experience with both Dodge Grand Caravan.and Chrysler Town & Country.  Our next van will probably be Chrysler Pacifica. Best of luck to you.

Respected Contributor

@mizree wrote:

we've had good experience with both Dodge Grand Caravan.and Chrysler Town & Country.  Our next van will probably be Chrysler Pacifica. Best of luck to you.

My BF finally replaced her Town and Country (only because someone hit it while it was parked and totaled it) with a Pacifica and she LOVES it.  I have been in it and it is a very nice ride!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I drive a Honda Odyssey mini van and I love it.  I am on my second one.  I bought my first one ( 2003)  used and drove  it for 11 years and never had a problem with it.  Last April a man ran a stop sign and hit me with a huge pick up truck and totaled it.  I was  okay.  The safety features are outstanding.

I now have a new 2020 one.  I would highly recommend the Odyssey. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our Jeep Grand Cherokee was in for service and they gave us a Dodge Caravan as a loaner vehicle just 2 weeks ago.

My husband and I both didn't like it. It was way too low off the ground and just didn't feel like a quality vehicle. 

Pros ..it was spacious.

Respected Contributor

@RinaRina  My sister and her family had one and traveled all over the country on vacations and drove it for many, many years.  I think it must have had more then 200K miles on when when they finally got rid of it.

......You look like I need a drink.....