Honored Contributor

Re: Buying Sites Like Etsy And Zully

@Noel7 wrote:

IMO Zulily has changed a lot since they were bought out by the company that also owns QVC.

The bargains don't seem to be there like they used to be and the prices aren't worth most things because of the no return policy.

@Noel7  I agree Zulily has made many changes and not necessarily for the better.  The things they need to change like more information, remain untouched.  I was looking at doormats recently and they had no dimensions on them. They just recently figured out that silver plated and sterling aren't interchangeable terms.  Their format has gotten unnecessarily complicated and befuddles me at times.  As you say, the bargains aren't nearly as good as they used to be.  Sadly too much of QVC is rubbing off on them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I've used Etsy tons of times and have been more than happy. I found out one artist lives only 60 miles from me. We've become friends Smiley Happy I've mainly ordered things for others and all ha been exquisite . I've ordered from Zully about 6-6 times for older granddaughter and all as been perfect. Hopeyou enjoy both sites as much as I have. I'm typing on IPhone lol
Honored Contributor

Many of the Etsy crafters will also custom make items for you.  Several years ago I was looking for beads in a particular shade of orange on which to wear a Carolyn Pollack pendant.  I asked a beader to make me a necklace, I used paint colors on the Sherwin Williams site to show her the color I wanted.  She got the beads and made the necklace, which was perfect and charged me a princely $20.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have more trust in Zulily now that QVC has a hand in it.  I find the prices much better than the Q for styles that they sell that are almost identical.  And it seems they have a wide variety of products... something for everyone.  

Honored Contributor

I shop at zulily almost daily, and have some fantastic items.  The customer service is wonderful.  I hardly go to Home Goods anymore because I find what I want at zulily.  Of course, I shop elsewhere also.

New Contributor

I have ordered from Zulilly several times. They often offer specials with dollars off and free shipping. I have ordered jewelry, clothing, sheets, hand bags and shoes.  I browse site at least 3x week. I have only been disappointed with one purchase of sheets that were not good quality.  I dont order unless i am quite sure its exactly what i want because of the NO RETURN POLICY.  Many times i can find same item for lower price or couple dollars more where i can return my items.

Etsy is great for getting ideas for things i can make myself like jewelry and crafts. I also love to collect country junque chic for my home and can find many cool things on it. Of course its also nice place to find a unique gift and support the small business person.