Valued Contributor

Re: Buying 1st Condo...Advice Needed (Desperately!)

On 7/10/2014 croemer said:

From someone I know... there are some kick backs that happen to and that is why one doesn't get much notice before you are assessed these fees.

I HAVE heard this!

Croemer, yes, THANK GOD I am only in a 1 bedroom! Can't imagine what the 2 and 3 paid!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ

Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 sunshine45 said:

my mom bought a second home about 6 years ago.....a condominium in a very nice gated community near the river. she went in paying about 200 a month for condo fees. there was then a lawsuit initiated against the builder for some sub par work that subcontractors did on the buildings. it had to do with water problems. the lawsuit has dragged on for several years now....and is still not 100% finished. the owners saw their condo fees go from 200 a month to over 800 a month. SOMEONE had to start to pay for all the work to begin to do the repairs. many people in that complex were REALLY upset that they had to lay out extra money for these problems. of course we all know who wins in these types of lawsuits.......

Eee---Yep! We have a HOA fees on our Garden Home. The HOA sued the developer because the streets were not done correctly...the suits went on for about 3 years and we all had to pitch in and pay for the repairs. These developers sit on these boards when there is a dispute and guess who loses the majority of the time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

On 7/10/2014 JustMeMelissa said:
On 7/10/2014 croemer said:

From someone I know... there are some kick backs that happen to and that is why one doesn't get much notice before you are assessed these fees.

I HAVE heard this!

Croemer, yes, THANK GOD I am only in a 1 bedroom! Can't imagine what the 2 and 3 paid!

Hi Mel, believe me it happens(kick backs) I know this from a very trusted source who has witnessed it and hates this goes on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Super Contributor

I'm in the same boat as you...looking for my own place for the first time would really love to get a condo but its been hard.