Honored Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware....When It Comes to Ordering Food-

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    I feel for you.  I'm sick of our daily 96° although it would probably give you a chill.  I'm also tired of this drought, having not had a decent rain during this whole monsoon season.  We're emulating Australia during their horrible summer 6 months ago.

@Kachina624     Bone dry here, too.   Right now, I have birds lined up waiting for a turn at the birdbath.    We haven't had a decent monsoon season in YEARS...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Sorry, but I'm just not buying the o/p's story that a customer service rep said what the o/p claims that she said.

Color me skeptical.

@Anonymous032819   me too, that's why I asked customer service.

I still remember the o/p's ridiculous story of how her daughter had the virus, and she was diagnosed by her friend just  by looking at her....no symptoms, no testing. 

@Travone 

That's exactly why I'm skeptical that the customer service rep said what the o/p claims that they said.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I've had numerous problems with QVC regarding the shipment of frozen foods, and not just in hot weather. First, they should do what chocolate companies do, which is to restrict shipment to the colder months. Second, no matter the time of year, we have found that the packaging materials are so deficient that it is almost guaranteed that your food will arrive thawed. I guess they are trying to save money, but to send out a frozen product with a 6" square of frozen ice in a cardboard box with no insulation is ridiculous. I have stopped all food buying from QVC.

Respected Contributor

Not ordering any food.....I tried and my experience has been NOT good.

Valued Contributor

Go to Costco they have great croissants 

Trusted Contributor

With all the shipping issues lately the last thing i would order is anything perishable.  The mods have daily complaints on shipping issues.  If I really have a desire for something I'll go and buy it at the store.  I don't even like people picking out my groceries.  I don't care how much they check with me lol.  But perishable stuff now with all the shipping issues?  Nah I'll pass.  

Honored Contributor

i had potstickers delivered a couple of weeks ago in close to 100 degree heat. i opened them up, there was still dry ice in there, and my potstickers were frozen solid. the only thing i probably would NOT order would be chocolates.

qvc has a very good guarantee when it comes to their foods. i have had a couple of issues over the past few years, but they have always been taken care of promptly. one was with some mrs prindables apples arriving during some hot days and the caramel and chocolate were melting off of some of them. some were fine, others, not so much.  i was sent another box at no charge. i had an issue with some of  the croissants being broken up. they issued me a refund. i had an issue with landes candies and some of their pretzels being broken, so they did not look good to be given as gifts. they issued me a refund.

i will continue to purchase foods from qvc if it is something i like or want to try because i know they stand by their products with 100% money back guarantee with no hassles.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I don't order many food products from QVC, but I do order the chicken fried chicken and the croissants at times.  I don't routinely order those products, but over the past 6 months  I have ordered more than normal.  

During the shutdown I ordered a couple of beef products and had it sent to someone that was not able to get out and do her own grocery shopping.  She could have groceries delievered, but I ordered 2 different food items at different times and had them sent to her.  She called both times and was delighted with the product.  So no problems with those shipments.

I did order the croissants not that long ago and didn't have any problem with shipping.  They arrived when it was very hot outside, but there was dry ice and the croissants were frozen when they arrived.  I am so glad since I absolutely love those croissants and it gave me an opportunity to  use some of my homemade freezer strawberry jam!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Sorry, but I'm just not buying the o/p's story that a customer service rep said what the o/p claims that she said.

Color me skeptical.

@Anonymous032819  I believe it.  Many reps are working from home so what they say is not overheard by another employee and especially not by a supervisor.  I've had some humdingers said to me from a rep working from home.  Besides, the person annabellethecat has no reason to lie and it's just odd to me that anyone would accuse her of that.  

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

Shame on QVC for even offering fresh or frozen foods from April through Setember.

I do not buy.

I agree with you.   One of the companies that I occasionally buy from will not even ship certain foods during the warmer months.   

They will not ship chocolate, so just make it all food!