Honored Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware....When It Comes to Ordering Food-

[ Edited ]

I receive recipe boxes with veggies and and perishable food items every week. They ship via UPS with biodegradable cold packs.

Never had a problem with spoilage except one time there was a problem with a UPS delay, and I got a refund and a bonus credit. The box arrived anyway and I tossed the couple items that could have spoiled (they seemed fine) and used the rest.

It's possible to get perishable items from mail order provided the company is on top of what they are doing. We are going to sign up for Misfits Market produce this month as well and that will be the exact same concept.

Edited to add: I am in the south, in TN and it is very hot here. With the cold packs and the fairly quick delivery process from the Memphis, TN packing location to middle TN, it has worked out very well.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I suspend all food and candle orders suring the summer. To hot!

Honored Contributor

Somebody said that they are not using UPS 2Day anymore.  Yes, they DO use this shipping service for these items.   Whether UPS gets it to you in 2 days is another thing, these days, but they always go by UPS 2Day.

I recently had an order of chicken fried chicken that shipped out from the vendor just fine, and by 2Day of course, but something happened along the way with UPS and I didn't get it for 7 days.  That was awful.  It was not QVC's fault, however, and they refunded me very quickly as they always do.  What was even worse was that when they picked up the trash that styro chest was somehow not released from the bottom of the trash can and I had to have it there for another whole week.   Not good!  I'm still trying to air out that trash can but at least it's outside.  Thankfully, it's gone now.

I think that during the time we're in now maybe it's a bad time for ordering perishable food but it's not going to go bad every time, as referenced above.   Up until now I have not had problems, except for one food order that got lost with UPS quite a few years ago.  

It's just all slower right now.   I recently had an order from another retailer that went by FedEx and they  just kept updating the ETA every time another day ended and it wasn't delivered.  Finally got it.  Meanwhile, I have another one this week that was supposed to be here today, then it changed to tomorrow, and now it's slated for Monday.  I have no idea what they're going through, but at least I'm glad it's not a perishable food item! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Food that is refrigerated need to be properly packed with dry ice that will last for a couple of days.  I have medicine delivered and it is always shipped overnight and still cold from the dry ice when I receive it. QVC should not sell food if their vendors cannot guarantee dry ice and overnight delivery.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Why does anyone order food from shopping channels?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your clarification @Susan-QVC.

I wasn't even concerned.  QVC has shifted to having "gourmet food" shows nearly every day.  So food sales must be a huge part of their bottom line, especially now.  For any customer rep to basically tell a customer no full refunds if the food is inedible and/or unsafe to eat because of a prolonged delay in shipping and/or insufficient handling in the heat, or anything else, is unconscionable.  Sounds like more training is needed.

During these past 5 months, I've ordered quite a bit of select food items repeatedly -- perhaps 20 to 25 separate orders (I have some shipped directly to my mother 300 miles away).  I have only had an order go bad, because of the delayed shipping and arriving in inedible condition, two times.  A complete refund was applied each time.  No hassles whatsoever.  

Honored Contributor

It should also be noted that this summer has been much warmer than normal in most places with record-setting highs in the Southern half of the country.  It stands to reason that frozen items would be more vulnerable than usual.  Can you imagine how long it would last in Phoenix at 113°?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Why does anyone order food from shopping channels?

Because they can. Because they want to. What difference does it make to anyone else?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It should also be noted that this summer has been much warmer than normal in most places with record-setting highs in the Southern half of the country.  It stands to reason that frozen items would be more vulnerable than usual.  Can you imagine how long it would last in Phoenix at 113°?

@Kachina624    It's 112° now.....and it isn't even noon............(!)    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi    I feel for you.  I'm sick of our daily 96° although it would probably give you a chill.  I'm also tired of this drought, having not had a decent rain during this whole monsoon season.  We're emulating Australia during their horrible summer 6 months ago.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment