Respected Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware....When It Comes to Ordering Food-

I haven't ordered food from QVC in a few years, but I used to be on auto-delivery for the potstickers and Bella brand cheesesteak beef. Regardless of whether we took it inside immediately or whether it sat on our sunny front steps in July, there was plenty of dry ice in the styrofoam container and our food was frozen solid when we opened it. If QVC's policy has changed, they should tell you that during the presentation (yeah, right!) - it shouldn't be a case of buyer beware, especially at those prices.

Honored Contributor

If they are not shipping frozen foods in dry ice or something they are probably violating health laws. No foods can remain frozen in the back of a truck, especially for the long times it takes QVC to ship it. Appalling for the CS to say this and Q should stop selling any perishable food if they can’t guarantee its safety...and think of the sky-high shipping they charge! We ordered the infamous crab cakes years ago and had them sent to my in-laws...only to find out they were on a cruise. Those crab cakes sat on the front porch of their condo in the blazing Florida sun for three days, Never again.
Honored Contributor

I would never order anything perishable, no matter what time of year if Q says no refunds.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It should also be noted that this summer has been much warmer than normal in most places with record-setting highs in the Southern half of the country.  It stands to reason that frozen items would be more vulnerable than usual.  Can you imagine how long it would last in Phoenix at 113°?

Yikes!  Yeah, it was in the upper 90s here, for the week that my chicken order sat on a truck and kept not getting delivered.   That was bad enough.  Over 100F is just beyond.

It was bad enough wondering to whose house my orders would be delivered, but now wondering WHEN something that's been 'out for delivery' for some time will be has been a bit of a (FWP) nightmare.

I had an order that was part of my Amazon AD delivered to a neighbor's house (same time that chicken order kept not getting delivered - weird, that) and when I talked to somebody from Amazon he said it was going to be delivered the next day.   The evening I talked to him and he told me it would be delivered the next day, my neighbor brought it over.  I felt awful, as it was a big, heavy box and he's in his 70s.   The only reason I missed it was that he and his wife brought it into their house because they figured we were asleep and that was why he brought it over the next day.   I guess they are doing scripted stuff at Amazon CS now?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Besides not knowing QVC's policy, she said,

"Mam, that's why I never order food. No mam, I never order food."

She is telling customers not to buy food from the retailer she works for, pays her salary, and sells food, a top selling category. Wow!

She'd never make it as a host on "Gourmet Holiday."  She'd say "Don't buy this...it will be moldy, thawed, and rotten when you get it."

I think the problem is the very hot weather and shippers taking longer to deliver.  QVC should send two-day UPS, skip USPS, during the Summer.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Travone  thanks for asking that.  I'm interested in her answer.  I highly doubt it is true.

Me too.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, but I'm just not buying the o/p's story that a customer service rep said what the o/p claims that she said.

Color me skeptical.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Desertdi    I feel for you.  I'm sick of our daily 96° although it would probably give you a chill.  I'm also tired of this drought, having not had a decent rain during this whole monsoon season.  We're emulating Australia during their horrible summer 6 months ago.

@Kachina624 

Kachina that High Pressure System that has a stronghold on Texas into New Mexico is moving westward either Sunday or Tuesday which will bring A LITTLE relief to our respective States. For us 96 is a little better than 104!!! Stay cool!!! And watch out all you Western State inhabitants....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The Mods have answered this question in the customer care forum where the question was asked. They said it is not true and they are taking care of it on their end with the CS rep.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Sorry, but I'm just not buying the o/p's story that a customer service rep said what the o/p claims that she said.

Color me skeptical.

@Anonymous032819   me too, that's why I asked customer service.

I still remember the o/p's ridiculous story of how her daughter had the virus, and she was diagnosed by her friend just  by looking at her....no symptoms, no testing.