Respected Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware....When It Comes to Ordering Food-

I ordered the cauliflower wings a couple of weeks ago. When they arrived, the dry ice had totally melted! They were still cold though so I put them right in the freezer and they seem to be okay. Btw, they're good but not worth the money! Just cauliflower florets with a light tempura like coating. It's  the sauces that make them different flavors. Anyway, ordering them deterred me from ordering steaks(not from Q) for my son and daughter in law's Anniversary. As others have said, Shame on QVC for this policy! And shame on me for being so stupid as to order frozen food or any food in the hot summer! It'll never happen again!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

It seems like QVC is taking a risk selling so much food in hot weather. I wonder how many dishonest people have taken advantage of their satisfaction policy (hey, it's steak tonight and I'll call and complain tomorrow that they arrived thawed out). I know @Annabellethecat66  is giving us the straight story. She even verified it and said she'd be posting of her experience so I'm not doubting her story. 

Honored Contributor

Did the OP read the reviews?   Almost all of the reviews say they received their croissants already thawed out. 

That would have stopped me from ordering them in the first place.  

Respected Contributor

I posted this under customer service asking the mods to reply.  I find it very hard to believe this is the Q's refund policy on food.  Susan from customer service is looking into it.  Check that board for the answer.

Honored Contributor

@Travone  thanks for asking that.  I'm interested in her answer.  I highly doubt it is true.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't order food very often from QVC but my daughter loves croissants so I thought I'd give them to her.

Well, I ordered M56342 when on air.  It came to my front porch (I have cameras out there so I saw the carrier put the white box out there.

I just opened the white thing they come in and there was no dry ice in the bag and it reeked of thawed dough.

I picked up the sealed bag and I realized I was looking at (all meshed together) the mother of all croissants!  They'd 'melted' together into one big thing of dough.

I called QVC asked for customer service and the lady said she was customer service...who knows really.

She was very nice but she informed me that THIS ONE TIME she would refund my easy pay of $10 and change.  However, in the future it will be 'buyer beware' for food arriving.  In other words, "It's a ****** shoot if it will be frozen or not and no refunds".

I said to CS, "So I want to get this straight because I'm going to post this on the QVC forum that whomever buys the food takes a chance on whether it will still be frozen or not and in the future QVC will not be issuing a refund?

She said, "Yes mam.  That's exactly right".  She said it wasn't a NEW policy but it is supposed to be told to the customer when ordering that QVC cannot guarantee it will be frozen and there will be no refunds.

I told her I seldom order food.  I mentioned that last year I'd ordered Filet Mignon and it was delivered outside of my garage door.  My neighbor (thinking he was doing me a favor) put it into my garage.  I didn't know it was down there.  By the time I saw it a few days had gone by.  I never called QVC to request my money back because I felt like it was my fault that they'd thawed.

But this was different.  They came to ME totally thawed.  The CS lady said, "Mam, that's why I never order food.  I've heard way too many tales from customers about food being thawed or mishandled.  No mam, I never order food.

I have ordered food that was frozen when I got it (pot stickers).  I never intended to eat it but bought it for 2 friends of mine.  Both families hated them.  I called QVC and they refunded my money, no problem.

Now, I'm just relying what the CS lady told me even after I said I was going to post it on the forum.

So, I'm taking a few minutes to let you guys know what I was told by this particular CS.

I do know, I will never order food again, if QVC can't guarantee the food will be frozen, what kind of customer service is that?

I think QVC should retrain their phone answerer's; because I've never been told "buyer beware (about how it will arrive (frozen or thawed)".

If I'd even attempted to bake this dough it would have been the mother of all croissants.  But I'd probably get sick from eating it because (supposedly) it has a lot of butter and stuff in it.  Ugh!  I can still smell it.

@Annabellethecat66  I am sorry you were told that, our policy has not changed.   

Susan

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Travone  thanks for asking that.  I'm interested in her answer.  I highly doubt it is true.

@Mj12  

I agree.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66@AuntG

I do not doubt the story but I do have some doubt that the policy the Customer Service person stated is accurate. It might be a good idea to place a copy of this in the Customer Care Forum and request that the mods clarify the policy. It should be visible to all customers in the published policies. It seems to be completely hidden.

Never mind. Someone took care of it while I was typing.

Esteemed Contributor

That's shocking..............Q pays 2 host X  4 hours - begging us to buy food and then can't control how the product is shipped properly.  Like ICE is expensive?

The Q no longer applies in.........Q V C

Respected Contributor

I'd just do a Door Dash from a bakery for croissants.