Honored Contributor

Buyer Beware....When It Comes to Ordering Food-

I don't order food very often from QVC but my daughter loves croissants so I thought I'd give them to her.

Well, I ordered M56342 when on air.  It came to my front porch (I have cameras out there so I saw the carrier put the white box out there.

I just opened the white thing they come in and there was no dry ice in the bag and it reeked of thawed dough.

I picked up the sealed bag and I realized I was looking at (all meshed together) the mother of all croissants!  They'd 'melted' together into one big thing of dough.

I called QVC asked for customer service and the lady said she was customer service...who knows really.

She was very nice but she informed me that THIS ONE TIME she would refund my easy pay of $10 and change.  However, in the future it will be 'buyer beware' for food arriving.  In other words, "It's a ****** shoot if it will be frozen or not and no refunds".

I said to CS, "So I want to get this straight because I'm going to post this on the QVC forum that whomever buys the food takes a chance on whether it will still be frozen or not and in the future QVC will not be issuing a refund?

She said, "Yes mam.  That's exactly right".  She said it wasn't a NEW policy but it is supposed to be told to the customer when ordering that QVC cannot guarantee it will be frozen and there will be no refunds.

I told her I seldom order food.  I mentioned that last year I'd ordered Filet Mignon and it was delivered outside of my garage door.  My neighbor (thinking he was doing me a favor) put it into my garage.  I didn't know it was down there.  By the time I saw it a few days had gone by.  I never called QVC to request my money back because I felt like it was my fault that they'd thawed.

But this was different.  They came to ME totally thawed.  The CS lady said, "Mam, that's why I never order food.  I've heard way too many tales from customers about food being thawed or mishandled.  No mam, I never order food.

I have ordered food that was frozen when I got it (pot stickers).  I never intended to eat it but bought it for 2 friends of mine.  Both families hated them.  I called QVC and they refunded my money, no problem.

Now, I'm just relying what the CS lady told me even after I said I was going to post it on the forum.

So, I'm taking a few minutes to let you guys know what I was told by this particular CS.

I do know, I will never order food again, if QVC can't guarantee the food will be frozen, what kind of customer service is that?

I think QVC should retrain their phone answerer's; because I've never been told "buyer beware (about how it will arrive (frozen or thawed)".

If I'd even attempted to bake this dough it would have been the mother of all croissants.  But I'd probably get sick from eating it because (supposedly) it has a lot of butter and stuff in it.  Ugh!  I can still smell it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware....When It Comes to Ordering Food-

IMO ordering any perishable food in the hot summer is risky at best.  Order them in the winter.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Annabellethecat66 

My order of Curtis Stone's bacon wrapped jumbo shrimp arrived 3 weeks after ordering and was a stiny, mushy, repulsive mess.

UPS delivered it and my guess is - IT SAT in a warehouse for entirely too long before it made it's gross way to me.

I'm not ordering food again from anyone until it's DANG COLD OUT!

This way, I might have a shot at enjoying my purchase.

Esteemed Contributor

Shame on QVC for even offering fresh or frozen foods from April through Setember.

I do not buy.

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby  Yes!  I should have added same as your post.

I don't remember ever ordering in the summer months.  I even thought about that when I was ordering but I trusted QVC and figured they knew what they were saying when they said it would come frozen.

I need to put a sticky note on my forehead so I'll remember (like you said) to only order when Northern Va feels like I'm living in Alaska in mid-Winter.  Ha!

Respected Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Shame on QVC for even offering fresh or frozen foods from April through Setember.

I do not buy.

I agree with you.   One of the companies that I occasionally buy from will not even ship certain foods during the warmer months.   

Esteemed Contributor

It's rare that I've had an issue ordering food but when it's happened I've always had a prompt refund with 0 hassle.

You can view UPS complete tracking history and see where your package has been if you think it's been sitting for days. I had a box of KC steaks disappear in Chicago once before they got to me. 

It's high 80's up here. My Rastelli's burgers were delivered yesterday. Opened the box at 10pm and dry ice was visible and burgers still frozen. Into the deep freezer they went!

Regular Contributor

Hot weather - cold weather - doesn't matter to me 'cause I don't order perishable foods from Q. Just TOO expensive & there isn't anything that appeals to me. In fact not much from Q appeals to me any more.

Frequent Contributor

Food used to be shipped 2 day UPS.  Now they ship it via Mail Innovations with all other packages and we know how that works - it's the re-creation of the pony express.  It shows up when the post office decides to deliver it after it visits 8 cities in the process.  I've purchased directly with several of the companies that sell via QVC and they do deliver 2 day UPS.  I never have problems when I deal directly with the mfr.  I've been trying that method of ordering lately and it has been much better.  Sometimes I have to work to find a discount or wait for a few weeks but I can usually find as good of a deal or a better deal than QVC.

Honored Contributor

Just the idea of mail order perishable food sounds is rather scary!