Esteemed Contributor

Re: But what if EVERYBODY did that?!

@dex wrote:

And then there is the EMT person who broke the rule to try to save a dying child...sometimes rules need to be broken for the greater good.

Yes of course!  But there's a big difference between that and the kind of behavior that the OP's friend repeatedly displays.  

Breaking the rules for the greater good or in an attempt to help someone in need or to right a wrong is one thing.  That's not at all what the OP's friend is doing.  She's breaking rules to make her own life easier.  She just wants to do what she wants when she wants.  Her motivation is clearly not to help anyone other than herself - and she doesn't care that it could be at the expense of others.

The EMT acted very unselfishly and that's admirable.  The OP's friend seems to have no problem being completely selfish.  

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@GingerPeach

Thank you. I printed out the application this morning. Dad has an appt with his internist next week, and also with his VA doctors.  I'll have one of them fill it out.  Actually, I don't have as much trouble with him, because I can park and wheel him in, but my mom who is 91 and can walk, needs to be dropped at the curb and that's a juggling act when I have both of them with me.

I'll let you know if I'm successful.

Hi @house_cat

I hope it was a success with the disabled placard.  In any event, best wishes and Happy Halloween!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Hi @house_cat

I hope all is well.

Were you able to get the placard your parents needed?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.