Valued Contributor

Re: But Can I Wear It On My Finger??

@GingerPeach wrote:

@surfk What do you mean you have no friends?  Those of us in your "tiara club" are your friends, aren't we?  

@GingerPeach. Oh, I just tease.

I've "met" many nice new online friends here (yourself incuded) at the Q. - not the least of whom wear the tiara (always a signal that one is a kindred spirit).

Why, whether at an online forums or on a city bus, just by glancing around at all my fellow "passengers in life" I can just tell who I'll like the very most. And more often than not they're wearing tiaras.

Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I don't think JTV is a whole lot different than any of the other shopping channels.  I've heard some pretty "eyeroll worthy" spiels on the Q.  One time Jane was selling sunglassess in a variety of bright, vibrant colors and we were being told where all we could wear them (like we don't know). One of her suggestions was we could look all cool and funky bopping down the aisle at church Sunday morning wearing these hip sunglasses...all the while bouncing up and down in her chair.  I was embarrassed for her.

They are all there to sell....whatever it takes.

Oh, I hear ya! Its all so obvious some retail spins.

Sure we can wear them at church. But can we wear them outside? Like, on a REALLY sunny day??

lol

Valued Contributor

@Smaug wrote:

For the most part JTV is horrible.

But that's part of the fun in watching it. Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

try "Gem Hunter" , he is on usually Friday nights and Saturdays

rather rough around the edges (maybe a few too many LI Ice Teas)

he sells loose stones using extreme closeups whilst he pushes and nudges emeralds, tanzys  and morganite around a turntable with a pair of Gem tweezers but rarely shows their size relative to a coin or on a finger.

he doesn't accept returns becuase his "prices are so low".

you could custom make your ring though

That's the great thing about extreme close-up shots on television.

They free us from needing to concern ourselves over carat weight. lol

"Look Ma! 'Must be a 300 carat ruby for jis'$29.99...and comes with free shipping!"

Valued Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

ALL colors work with black! Why do you have to ask a bunch of women you don't know which color to wear with black??

Or with white (diamonds).

Unless, of course, white clashes with the pallor of one's skin. I mean, there could be vampires out there shopping for gems. One just never knows what with cable shopping channels accessible around the globe these days...

Countess Dracula calling in from her coffin in Transylvania, "Yaessss. I vould liiiiike two'order eye-tiiiim num-berrr, von-tou-fiiiiiive-ayyyyte-niiiiine...Aaaand is it still freeeee sheeeepining to the Carpathian Moooountainzzz??"

Honored Contributor

I've seen QVC hosts with color swatches showing how a piece of jewelry looks with different clothing. So it's not unique to whatever other shopping channel you were watching. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JAXS mom wrote:

I've seen QVC hosts with color swatches showing how a piece of jewelry looks with different clothing. So it's not unique to whatever other shopping channel you were watching. 

The key wouldn't be the color swatches. It would use of the color swatches to demonstrate how white diamonds can...

...oh, never mind. lol

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you enjoyed watching JTV.  I watch, I buy but I've never actually visited the host's FB pages or read comments.  Good for you!  I don't think JTV is any better or worse than QVC or any other shopping channel.  They all have the same "script" and they have hours and hours to fill up, and they do it by saying silly stuffy.  You know, like "you can dress this up or dress it down".  Or "you see this on all the red carpets".  Or (fill in the blank) is the color of the year!   So far, depending on what host you are listening to, its teal, wine, blue or olive.  Personally, I'd much rather buy my "fun" diamonds from JTV than from QVC.  Sterling silver is sterling silver and JTV gives your the gram weight where QVC does not.  JTV gives you the diamond grade or they will tell you that the diamonds are promotional grade.  QVC does not do that.  Sometimes you just want something big and sparkly; you aren't looking for an heirloom piece to leave in your will...lol   My newest shopping channel love is Liquidation Channel; not up to your high standards, I'm sure but if I am going to buy gemstones in sterling silver, I would rather skip the cubic zirconia embellishment and buy something with real gemstones for $59, $69 instead of paying $500 for cz and inexpensive gemstone doublets.     

Honored Contributor

When I had Dish, I would watch Gem Shopping only because of the unusual pieces that Sam or Sue had. But I switched over to cable years ago and haven't seen them since. 

JTV is just a bit out there. I don't know much about tiaras and such. But I do know that when you have to set diamonds in sterling silver, them diamonds are diamonds by name only. Grape juice - some are Welch's and some are Champagne. Nuthin' wrong with Welch's but you don't see it much at a wedding. Could be purple doesn't go with the white weddin' gown and clear goes with everything. No Wait - white goes with everything. lol

images.jpeg

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm glad you enjoyed watching JTV.  I watch, I buy but I've never actually visited the host's FB pages or read comments.  Good for you!  I don't think JTV is any better or worse than QVC or any other shopping channel.  They all have the same "script" and they have hours and hours to fill up, and they do it by saying silly stuffy.  You know, like "you can dress this up or dress it down".  Or "you see this on all the red carpets".  Or (fill in the blank) is the color of the year!   So far, depending on what host you are listening to, its teal, wine, blue or olive.  Personally, I'd much rather buy my "fun" diamonds from JTV than from QVC.  Sterling silver is sterling silver and JTV gives your the gram weight where QVC does not.  JTV gives you the diamond grade or they will tell you that the diamonds are promotional grade.  QVC does not do that.  Sometimes you just want something big and sparkly; you aren't looking for an heirloom piece to leave in your will...lol   My newest shopping channel love is Liquidation Channel; not up to your high standards, I'm sure but if I am going to buy gemstones in sterling silver, I would rather skip the cubic zirconia embellishment and buy something with real gemstones for $59, $69 instead of paying $500 for cz and inexpensive gemstone doublets.     

My problem wasn't with the diamond ring. Actually, that was the only thing that didn't make me giggle, in fact.

I think that in the "Worse than the Hope Diamond but better than from a gumball machine" category of jewelry, JTV does a good job.

I mean, if I ever want to look like I'm going to a gala in Monaco (right after my shift at Burger King), I'd buy their stuff.

I justy never before realized how confusing it is for some people to know how to wear their white diamonds.

If anything, if I were the segment producer, I'd even tell the host to show the audience how they can even go with PLAIDS.

I know! Its out there. But I think white diamonds with plaid just might work! lol