Valued Contributor

But Can I Wear It On My Finger??

[ Edited ]

(Before I begin, I have sort of a general question regarding Q forum categories. What precisely is the difference between "Community Chat" and "Among Friends"? They seem rather identical from the outside anyway. Thanks).

So I am watching a different home shopping channel this evening as I was steaming up a bunch of spinach (as my inner Popeye tells me, "I loves me'spinach!").

Its a channel which sells only jewelry, where every host is more "amazed by" and "needs to own" the next item more than they did the last and where "Jesus" is actually mentioned more times than is black spinel.

So the host is showing off a 1-carat total weight cluster ring set in sterling silver.

Have you ever heard of a ring like that before?!? lol

It wasn't such a bad ring, really. Worse than the diamonds of Empress Josephine but better than, say, an ornament on a Charlie Brown tree.

It was set in a basic design of sterling, had very white diamonds - you know, the typical mass market inventory crank out.

But I suppose at some point the host either ran out of things to say about the ring or shoppers out there really are that confused.

I sometimes worry about customers actually. I mean, if they need this much help, are they really legally competent to be making purchases online at all in the first place?

Someone seemed to have left the host a facebook question to the effect, "Can I wear this diamond ring with a red blouse?"

Because the host then reached out of camera frame to grab a pile of color swatches.

I KNOW that you know where this is going. I did, too, but I just had to stick around to see it for myself. Smiley LOL

She then proceeded to show off this white diamond ring on her finger set against a parade of changing color swatches, saying that really you can wear a white diamond ring with any color. "It even goes with this pink...and it can work with blue!", she worked hard to convince as if she were a Benjamin Moore paint salesman trying to push the last can of "Upchuck Ochre" onto a clueless shopper.

Thankgosh these hosts are there to guide us through the trickiest of fashion diamond waters. I mean, how can a customer otherwise possibly know how to wear one's white diamonds without their help??

Anyway, I just thought it was a hoot. Mostly because I think it might have actually helped somebody out there. lol

Esteemed Contributor

Re: But Can I Wear It On My Finger??

If I didn't believe this actually happened ( and I do) I wouldn't know whether to shake my head or laugh at the inanity. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@surfk wrote:

(Before I begin, I have sort of a general question regarding Q forum categories. What precisely is the difference between "Community Chat" and "Among Friends"? They seem rather identical from the outside anyway. Thanks).

So I am watching a different home shopping channel this evening as I was steaming up a bunch of spinach (as my inner Popeye tells me, "I loves me'spinach!").

Its a channel which sells only jewelry, where every host is more "amazed by" and "needs to own" the next item more than they did the last and where "Jesus" is actually mentioned more times than is black spinel.

So the host is showing off a 1-carat total weight cluster ring set in sterling silver.

Have you ever heard of a ring like that before?!? lol

It wasn't such a bad ring, really. Worse than the diamonds of Empress Josephine but better than, say, an ornament on a Charlie Brown tree.

It was set in a basic design of sterling, had very white diamonds - you know, the typical mass market inventory crank out.

But I suppose at some point the host either ran out of things to say about the ring or shoppers out there really are that confused.

I sometimes worry about customers actually. I mean, if they need this much help, are they really legally competent to be making purchases online at all in the first place?

Someone seemed to have left the host a facebook question to the effect, "Can I wear this diamond ring with a red blouse?"

Because the host then reached out of camera frame to grab a pile of color swatches.

I KNOW that you know where this is going. I did, too, but I just had to stick around to see it for myself. Smiley LOL

She then proceeded to show off this white diamond ring on her finger set against a parade of changing color swatches, saying that really you can wear a white diamond ring with any color. "It even goes with this pink...and it can work with blue!", she worked hard to convince as if she were a Benjamin Moore paint salesman trying to push the last can of "Upchuck Ochre" onto a clueless shopper.

Thankgosh these hosts are there to guide us through the trickiest of fashion diamond waters. I mean, how can a customer otherwise possibly know how to wear one's white diamonds without their help??

Anyway, I just thought it was a hoot. Mostly because I think it might have actually helped somebody out there. lol

Lol!

I bet you're talking about JTV where they love their 

color swatches.  I think that's funny too!

I don't see much difference between Among 

Friends and Community Chat except there's a little 

more traffic here and maybe more controversial 

topics? 

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Valued Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

If I didn't believe this actually happened ( and I do) I wouldn't know whether to shake my head or laugh at the inanity. 

Oh, it happened. lol

I think one is allowed to laugh WHILE shaking one's head (thankgawd). Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

O/T surfk, have you watched Rocks tv from the U.K.?  They have ONE s/p per day for as many items as you want to buy.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Raising my hand to answer about the difference between Community Chat and Among Friends.

Community Chat is the old Viewpoints, wearing a muzzle. Still lots of snapping and growling, but they have taken the bite out of the bark.

Among Friends is a forum where posters who have forged friendships and found common ground can have long running threads where we can talk about our regular everyday lives, seek advice to common problems, brag about our kids, grands, spouses, pets, etc. No arguing, fussing, discussing or point/counterpoint in Among Friends.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@betteb wrote:

Raising my hand to answer about the difference between Community Chat and Among Friends.

Community Chat is the old Viewpoints, wearing a muzzle. Still lots of snapping and growling, but they have taken the bite out of the bark.

Among Friends is a forum where posters who have forged friendships and found common ground can have long running threads where we can talk about our regular everyday lives, seek advice to common problems, brag about our kids, grands, spouses, pets, etc. No arguing, fussing, discussing or point/counterpoint in Among Friends.

Thanks betteb, that makes total sense. I just couldn't really much tell the difference just looking.

Maybe because I don't have any friends here.

lol

But it makes sense that if CC is nicer and AF is suppose to be nice, well, with so much niceness happening all around I got confused.

Valued Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

O/T surfk, have you watched Rocks tv from the U.K.?  They have ONE s/p per day for as many items as you want to buy.

I have to check that one out. "Rocks tv." It earns some points just for the name alone. Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@newziesuzie wrote:

Lol!

I bet you're talking about JTV where they love their 

color swatches.  I think that's funny too!

(ding, ding, ding!) "Chet, and we have a winner!"

Honored Contributor

@surfk wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Thanks betteb, that makes total sense. I just couldn't really much tell the difference just looking.

Maybe because I don't have any friends here.

lol

But it makes sense that if CC is nicer and AF is suppose to be nice, well, with so much niceness happening all around I got confused.

@surfk What do you mean you have no friends?  Those of us in your "tiara club" are your friends, aren't we?  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.