Honored Contributor

Re: Bushes Beans Recall-Check Your Cabinets

They have the only chilli beans I'll use, but, the others are to expensive and don't taste as good as what I can make.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

I have a couple cans in my cupboard. I will check them in the morning. Thank you for letting us know.

Edited to say, it is morning here, (6:13 AM PDT) but I haven't been to bed yet. So, it isn't MY morning yet. LOL

Respected Contributor

Thanks very much for posting this, @ECBG. The FDA hasn't even emailed notices yet.

FYI, please don't go by the news station's list of beans to check, which only includes two types of beans. Look at the list on the Bush's website, which includes:

"... certain 28 ounce cans of BUSH’S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans, Country Style Baked Beans and Original Baked Beans" plus the container UPCs and lot codes.

They say the problem has been fixed and that it affected no other cans. 

Honored Contributor

We don't have any baked beans in the pantry right now so we're good but thanks very much for posting about the recall. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this. 

I have a question for people more informed about recalls.

I have beans matching the UPC code, 'flavor' (original) and the best by date.

But my cans have different lot numbers than those listed in the recall.

So my beans should be ok to eat, because the lot numbers don't match the recalled ones (even though the 'best by' date and UPC match those in the recall), right?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

My UPC code matches but the best by date is different and so is the other code so I am okay. Thank you as I am serving these tonight and would never have known about this if not for your post.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
Honored Contributor

I'll have to check.

I'm not a baked bean fan but every once in awhile DH wants them so I have 1 can in the cabinet. 

Respected Contributor

Very nice of you to post this.    I've bought one can in my lifetime and it is OK.    

Honored Contributor

Love Bushes beans ... but never buy cans that large.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the heads-up, I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.  Not that anyone cares, but none of the Bush's Baked Beans in my pantry were included in the recall.