Respected Contributor

Re: Burger King employee caught using Mop on Tables

My GF told me at Subway a server dropped a bun on the floor and picked it up and was going to use it for a sandwich and she had to  question him about not using that bun are you? 

A few years ago there was research done on actual dirt in the foods we eat daily. I do not recall but over the course of  a year adds up!

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

My GF told me at Subway a server dropped a bun on the floor and picked it up and was going to use it for a sandwich and she had to  question him about not using that bun are you? 

I don't think the "three second rule" should apply at commercial eateries.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Yes!  Health depts. should insist on disposable santizing wipes. 

I wouldn't mind a price increase of 50 cents if I knew that my table was sanitized with a new wipe.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Just don't ever send anything back.

Ever.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

When they were teens my brother and a cousin worked in a local Italian restaurant....They were instructed by the owner if someone left a meatball on their plate to save it and put it back it in the kitchen, back in the sauce...When my mom and aunt found out about this---- they made the boys quit.....

Do any of your local news teams do the "Behind The Kitchen Door" segments?.....its disgusting what they find...and I pray I haven't eaten at any of those restaurants....But there's also places highlighted that got top grades from the Health Department too and they get the  "Blue Plate Award".....

There was a Red Robin restaurant shut down for months due to roaches...Woman Tongue

@Spurt"Kitchen Cops" found a restaurant where the chicken was being defrosted on the kitchen floor.  We've passed by that restaurant a few times and the "gag" reflex came up everytime.

@Cakers3 

Oh WOW they find some pretty gross stuff...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Like DH says the folks who work fast food probably aren't too well educated and only job they can get. People who have made poor life decisions and now know it's the best they can ever do, etc.

They're not to worried about stuff like that.

@SharkE   So people with less education are dirty people?

I've known some educated people who were outright slobs. 

There are people from all walks of life who are not "educated" in the ways of cleanliness.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

When I was young I worked at a KFC then quit later on

One day I was over at the Long JOhn's fish place and me and a girl got to

talking and she told me what happened at the chicken place when she worked there.

I can't tell the story , but, I can try to give you the gist of it.

they ran out of oil, they called some higher up, he told them what to use

instead it would be yellow and to stand back while performing this task.

don't know if it's true, but, she seemed sincere.

glad I'm a dang good cook and we don't eat out , but, once a week at a better dining establishment.

@SharkE   Now that is just a stupid story.  How do you fry chicken in  a "yellow" replacement?  I get the "gist".

I don't believe one word of this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Like DH says the folks who work fast food probably aren't too well educated and only job they can get. People who have made poor life decisions and now know it's the best they can ever do, etc.

They're not to worried about stuff like that.

That is a horrible, cruel generalization.

Lots of fast food workers are students. Or seniors. Or people who hold down two jobs to get by.

I swear to God, people whine about those who don't work and then insult those who do. Very disheartening. 

Thank you!  People in my family, including myself and my highly educated older brother, have all worked fast food jobs in the past. 

Honored Contributor

Me too

never mopped a table though

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Just don't ever send anything back.

Ever.

My son worked in two different upscale $$$ restaurants when he was a teenager as a dishwasher. He said the same thing.

He does not eat in restaurants unless he has no choice. He has told me some pretty gross stories about what happens in commercial kitchens.

My brother used to work in a commercial bread factory.  He said to never buy those bread cubes to make dressing for turkey. He wouldn't tell me why..said I didn't need to know why, just don't buy them. I never do.