Honored Contributor

Re: Burger King employee caught using Mop on Tables

? A Clorox wipe is too hard to handle for this task?  Lol.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Just lazy people of today. I've had people tell me who own companies

Window repair and replacement

Roofing contractors

Tell me "people today just want a paycheck they don't want to work, if they do hire on they're always late if they show up at all".

turnover is horrendous now days, but, if your up in yrs with a different work ethic they don't want you either.

@SharkE 

EXACTLY!  Now I know not all....and I know my friend's daughter is conscientious and hard working, but sadly too many young worker's only do the minimum required and enough to get their paycheck, and its a trend with older workers too...it also applies in the company I work for, and what I see when I'm out and about....

My friend retired, and for fun she got a part-time job in a bakery decorating cakes, which she loves and has a talent for...but the Owners always begged her to come out from the back room to help wait on customer's because the young workers always called in on Fridays, the weekend, and Mondays...But that's not what she was hired to do...she took the job to decorate cakes, not be a CS Rep...she eventually quit!!!  The place was owned by a husband and wife, and wife would argue they needed to hire older workers, they were more reliable and better workers so cake decorators could do their job...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When they were teens my brother and a cousin worked in a local Italian restaurant....They were instructed by the owner if someone left a meatball on their plate to save it and put it back it in the kitchen, back in the sauce...When my mom and aunt found out about this---- they made the boys quit.....

Do any of your local news teams do the "Behind The Kitchen Door" segments?.....its disgusting what they find...and I pray I haven't eaten at any of those restaurants....But there's also places highlighted that got top grades from the Health Department too and they get the  "Blue Plate Award".....

There was a Red Robin restaurant shut down for months due to roaches...Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

When I was young I worked at a KFC then quit later on

One day I was over at the Long JOhn's fish place and me and a girl got to

talking and she told me what happened at the chicken place when she worked there.

I can't tell the story , but, I can try to give you the gist of it.

they ran out of oil, they called some higher up, he told them what to use

instead it would be yellow and to stand back while performing this task.

don't know if it's true, but, she seemed sincere.

glad I'm a dang good cook and we don't eat out , but, once a week at a better dining establishment.

Honored Contributor

This is why I don't "dine in" at fast food restaurants.  Just kidding.  I get a craving for a McDonald's hamburger once or twice a year and that's the only fast food for me.  I always "take out."

Honored Contributor

The employee should have common sense but who knows how he was brought up in terms of cleaning.

The manager may lack the skills to train the employee properly too.

It's not like people are eating food that is touching the table either.

Disgusting?  Yes. 
One-time incident?  No.

Imagine what goes on in the kitchen.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Like DH says the folks who work fast food probably aren't too well educated and only job they can get. People who have made poor life decisions and now know it's the best they can ever do, etc.

They're not to worried about stuff like that.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Like DH says the folks who work fast food probably aren't too well educated and only job they can get. People who have made poor life decisions and now know it's the best they can ever do, etc.

That is a horrible, cruel generalization.

Lots of fast food workers are students. Or seniors. Or people who hold down two jobs to get by.

I swear to God, people whine about those who don't work and then insult those who do. Very disheartening. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

That is a horrible, cruel generalization.

Lots of fast food workers are students. Or seniors. Or people who hold down two jobs to get by.

I swear to God, people whine about those who don't work and then insult those who do. Very disheartening. 

@Ms tyrion2, you nailed it. I hope to God I never become one of these people who let  or even search for the occasional anecdote to rule their thinking about large swaths of our population.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

When they were teens my brother and a cousin worked in a local Italian restaurant....They were instructed by the owner if someone left a meatball on their plate to save it and put it back it in the kitchen, back in the sauce...When my mom and aunt found out about this---- they made the boys quit.....

Do any of your local news teams do the "Behind The Kitchen Door" segments?.....its disgusting what they find...and I pray I haven't eaten at any of those restaurants....But there's also places highlighted that got top grades from the Health Department too and they get the  "Blue Plate Award".....

There was a Red Robin restaurant shut down for months due to roaches...Woman Tongue

@Spurt"Kitchen Cops" found a restaurant where the chicken was being defrosted on the kitchen floor.  We've passed by that restaurant a few times and the "gag" reflex came up everytime.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh