Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Burger King employee caught using Mop on Tables

[ Edited ]

Some of us may remember the Saturday Night Live episode where Gilda Radner was an employee at BK.   Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us . . .  And she says:

"I'll take mine with b**g**s on it!" and she blows her nose on the burger.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDITED: 

'As a matter of fact' (so to speak), anyone here remember a paperback, very slim book/pamphlet approx. 6 inches by 8 inches.  We called it  'Little Green Book'  (or maybe Blue). (?)   NOT SURE ABOUT THE TITLE.

It contained several fatal outcomes because of germs.

One in particular about the freezer section of fridge.  If I correctly remember.  Something about the freon leaking or whatever (?) into the freezer...........(?).  Wish I still had this booklet.

Darn, years ago, I lended (lent?)  it to someone, and they 'lost' it.

Could have been a high school (or college?) class required read.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I worked in the food industry many years and have seen worse. Employees get lazy and want to finish shift. They don’t care how. It’s just vile. 

Honored Contributor

Ick....I guess WHEN I eat at a fast food place I will wipe down the area with a anti bacterial wipe.

Years ago I complained to Bob Evans about using the same rag on every table.  I thought they should use a solution squireted from a bottle to clean the tables....their reply was the person cleaning was to dip and  wring out their rag each time they cleaned a table...but they did not do that, they would clean multiple tables before going back to the cleaning solution to wring out the rag.....I think that is unsanitary as well, but does not top the  dirty mop on tables!!

Honored Contributor

Just lazy people of today. I've had people tell me who own companies

Window repair and replacement

Roofing contractors

Tell me "people today just want a paycheck they don't want to work, if they do hire on they're always late if they show up at all".

turnover is horrendous now days, but, if your up in yrs with a different work ethic they don't want you either.

Honored Contributor

My sister complained in one restaurant about the cleaner being sprayed when people were eating. It sprays all over and stinks. 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Roofing contractors

Tell me "people today just want a paycheck they don't want to work, if they do hire on they're always late if they show up at all".

turnover is horrendous now days, but, if your up in yrs with a different work ethic they don't want you either.

I guess we've been fortunate. We vet very carefully and have had mostly excellent quality workers.

I don't believe for a second that "people of today" have no work ethic or don't take pride in what they do.

This is an age-old lament from every outgoing generation.

Certainly, I do believe that there are specific instances like that one that is the subject of this thread. But the reason that it is posted is that all the normal and responsible actions are too boring to talk about.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

This is horrible but businesses couldn't care less. They think being sanitary doesn't show up on the bottom line but they lose customers. I go to very few fast food restaurants but I'm not kidding myself, every food operation is like this to some extent. Or most. I'll eat at home.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Roofing contractors

I have to disagree with you on both counts.

I worked at a fast food place while in high school in the early 70s. Most of the employees were teens. We did exactly what we had to and not much more. Were the cloths used to clean the tables always spotless?  Big nope.  Teens are teens no matter what generation they come from.

When I decided to get a part time job at age 60, I had no problems and a choice of jobs.  I've got a great PT job that I've enjoyed for 4 years. Good pay too with some benefits. It all depends on how you present yourself.

Honored Contributor

We don't eat out much.  The only place that I know for sure is clean is my home kitchen.

Everywhere else you eat is taking a chance in the cleanliness department. Even 5 star restaurants can be dirty.